1/72 LAAT Republic Gunship

Fantastic scratch work and problem solving mate , especially regarding the door hinges - kinda reminds me of Katsuhiko’s builds - very methodical !.
Any chance you’re a product/industrial designer or engineer in your ‘spare’ time;) ?

Ged

Fantastic scratch work and problem solving mate , especially regarding the door hinges - kinda reminds me of Katsuhiko’s builds - very methodical !.
Any chance you’re a product/industrial designer or engineer in your ‘spare’ time;) ?

Ged

yes, Katsu's work has inspired me in many ways and has led me to try to think more about how things should work

That's looking great so far. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Looks terrific!
Awesome stuff so far!

Thanks!

I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel but still a ways to go

So after getting sidetracked by the amazing world of 3-D printing I am back to working on this

Got some fiber bundles set up for the lights on each side of the door. Also added a few to the cockpit. I am not sure how much time I will spend on that since most of will not be seen clearly once the canopy is on

IMG_4454 (2).JPG

IMG_4455 (2).JPG

IMG_4456 (2).JPG

IMG_4457 (2).JPG

Although some of the sidetrack due to the new shiny of 3D printing wasn't too far off course. I managed to get a bunch of Battle Droids, and some Droidekas printed to go along side the display

IMG_4473 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4458 (2).JPG
    IMG_4458 (2).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back