1/650 Scale Enterprise E

Almost finished with the top.

kkee022.jpg

Thanks.

I'm starting to remove the masks.

ee_001.jpg

pssst mods could you move this to General section? I realize it's not studio scale now lol.

R,

Great work. Question for you... are you having any trouble removing the masks? It seems every time i try I lift the masks on projects after I paint it removes paint around the masks. Can you give us novice builders some pointers.

Steve

Novice builder LOL. I did have that problem with the first few I pulled off, so what I had to do was score slightly around each mask with a xacto, then when I removed the mask's they came off clean. You don't have to score it very deep either, just barely so the tape won't come off jagged.

It's a real problem to deal with for sure. The best solution is to use paints that have super bonds. The catylized urethane automotive paints are like stone that way. Unfortunately you have to keep your layers within 8 hours of each other or you have to scuff between coats for the cross-polymerization to happen. (It's more trouble that it's worth.)

I got Rich's 'E' yesterday. I took some pics of it in relation to other models.[attachmentid=11388]
Here it is in relation to the Bandi 'E'.

When going through my collection, I was surprised that AMT made an Enterprise that is in scale to Rich's.
[attachmentid=11387]
It's the cutaway Enterprise.
It looks a little large to me. The box said 1/650 scale.
Sure AMT is known for their accuracy. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Dec 4 2006, 09:25 PM) [snapback]1371521[/snapback]</div>
Damn, that's beautiful.

... Now what do you mean, "take it up a notch,"?

-Mike [/b]

Don't you know? They're going to put in transwarp drive.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Dec 4 2006, 06:25 PM) [snapback]1371521[/snapback]</div>
Damn, that's beautiful.

... Now what do you mean, "take it up a notch,"?

-Mike
[/b]
AGREED. Richard continues to prove he is a master of this craft. Brilliant work indeed.

Whoever gets this piece will be a VERY LUCKY INDIVIDUAL.. It was a very difficult decision for us both, but Richard is sooooo great at this, that I have no doubts that it will be repeated. Plus,.. we are both very excited about his brilliant ideas that will be placed into my new bird and eventually end up in a future commission...which leads to...

..."Taking it up a notch" came from our discussions and his great ideas of what he will do with the 1701D when he starts it.

What it specifically means for the new Kuhn Global Nemesis 1701E is:

1. Internal metal framework that can be connected to an armature. (Ready to film should I ever chose to do so).

2. Even better lighting control with specifics of my liking on a customized lighting board.

3. Believe it or not... EVEN MORE PANELING...

BTW... these are all extra goodies and definitely not necessary,.. but what the heck? Right? LOL :D

Richard,... YOU ARE THE MAN... :thumbsup :D :thumbsup

Like I said,.. whoever gets this beastie on Ebay will be one lucky guy/gal... :love And I... am going to be one JEALOUS man... ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back