1/4 scale Stormtrooper sculpt

the calves are pretty much finished, just need to be sanded, undercoated and spot filled.
The right thigh has been rough sanded to shape and ill get the dremel on the other thigh armour over the weekend.
The torso has a lllooonnnggggg way to go.

theres a lot more to them than meets the eye :) at least i was able to cheat and didnt have to sculpt the helmet with mine you have done a great job.

Great project and I'm loving the 1:4 scale too - this would go nicely with my other 1:4 figures, will be watching this thread!

Impressive... most impressive. I got some balsa foam II a while back to sculpt a clone trooper, but abandoned the project for a 1:1 storm-trooper build. You just might inspire me to take another crack at it. Keep up the awesome work!

just a quick progress shot or two of an initial test fit, shins look like they are too deep, but apart from that proportions look pretty good, torso armour isnt aligned its just resting on the legs for now to get an idea how itll look

I would totally buy another 1/4 Stormtrooper if he is in a differand pose then Dredd's. It would fit in with the Vader he is making.

Spent 3 hours or so on the sculpt since the last update.
Redid the calves, they were to deep from front to back at the top of the armor. Trimmed the front section back and reshaped the front of the calves.
Rest of the times been spent on the torso armour. Lots of measuring, dremmel, filing and sanding to dial in the shape.
Its not there yet but its looking a hell of a lot better.

Just wanted to say I'm glad to see your still hard at work making stuff Natty, your Fett helmets in the late 90s early 2000s was what got me into this stuff initially.

Thanks for the kind words folks.

After reshaping the calves I had to resize the thighs, they were way too short.
finally happy with the torso armour shape, well almost happy. Think I may have taken too much off the sides but we will see. Have to start adding the detail now to the belly and back and a coat of primer to see how it looks.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back