1:3 stormtrooper sculpt FINISHED see page 10 !

Re: 1:3 stormtrooper sculpt wip trooper armour advice needed

Hi what's the difference with the stormtrooper and sandtrooper knee?
I will have a look at the backs of the thighs and good images?
Cheers

Is this going to be a Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper ??

So far, if doing a TK, you have the Sandy diamond knee plate sculpted.. and currently have no drop boxes.

Tops of the thigh backs need to follow the angles of the butt plate too.

Coming along nicely though, and look forward to more progress.

He seems to have a bit of girth through the middle, but to be honest I think it looks great thus far. It's immediately recognizable as the subject, and I really like the stance...very militaristic. Also, the girth may be accentuated by the lack of head...the helmet will be huge and will probably correct the look in my minds eye. Great work on this.

i thought the same to be honest but the image i blew up seemed to match the girth on my sculpt it will hopefully look better with the belt head and arms i am just awaiting the 1:3 helmet to arrive and it should hopefully fit as he stands 2 foot 53cm so far so with the head he should be just around the 2 foot mark.
He is never going to be perfect as i am really not that good but hopefully he will look the part when done :)

He seems to have a bit of girth through the middle, but to be honest I think it looks great thus far. It's immediately recognizable as the subject, and I really like the stance...very militaristic. Also, the girth may be accentuated by the lack of head...the helmet will be huge and will probably correct the look in my minds eye. Great work on this.

latest picture of my chest i have spent lots of time on it totally rebuilt it and i think its a lot better now (hopefully )
l005.jpg

The area to the right in the picture of the raised chest looks the best. Try to match that on the other side as well. I'll see if I can round up some pictures of the difference between the sandtrooper knee-plate and the regular trooper.

oooh nice! looking good mate.

Beats that Judge Dredd rubbish!

Lewis

lol i am doing Dredd next :)
The chest section has been a night mare i am hping to get some arms started this weekend should look a bit more proportional with arms hopefully :confused

oooh nice! looking good mate.

Beats that Judge Dredd rubbish!

Lewis

wow...bet thats hard work!

You seem to be doing alright with it though.

Created the shoulders today look ok?
(note the 1:6 stortrooper for scale :) )
007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

Hey - keep in mind that your pattern most likely isn't accurate as well.

This is a chance for you to shine and do the impossible - make a Stormtrooper sculpt that really looks like the Stormtrooper. Something Sideshow and Gentle Giants have never been able to accomplish.

Good luck sir!

If you want more opinions from a tough crowd go here...

First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment

Joined and posted thanks :)

Hey - keep in mind that your pattern most likely isn't accurate as well.

This is a chance for you to shine and do the impossible - make a Stormtrooper sculpt that really looks like the Stormtrooper. Something Sideshow and Gentle Giants have never been able to accomplish.

Good luck sir!

If you want more opinions from a tough crowd go here...

First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back