1:25 Dark Knight Tumbler - Batmobile Version

JMD

My build of the Dark Knight Tumbler kit by Moebius Models. The kit is 1:25 scale and gives you the option to build the Armored Tumbler with rocket launcher from The Dark Knight Rises, or the Batmobile from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. I went for the Batmobile version, the one that did not come in black. My first car kit, if you can call this a car.

I used rattle cans for paint along with pastels and some Vallejo pigments and for weathering. Overall, I really liked the kit, although the assembly was a bit challenging for my skill level. You build the car around the cockpit compartment, adding panel on top of panel, until...it's a tumbler.

1IMG_0282.jpg

2IMG_0284.jpg

3IMG_0285.jpg

4IMG_0286.jpg

Here are some images of the finished cockpit. You will really not see much of this in the finished model.
5IMG_4563.jpg

6IMG_4568.jpg

I painted the panels before assembly, as suggested in the instructions. With all the camouflage markings, it may be easier to paint mask and paint the markings after body assembly. It takes a bit to make all the markings match up across parts.
6IMG_4574.jpg

Some other assembly shots. The black box exterior of the cockpit is basically what you hang all the other parts off of.
7IMG_4577.jpg

8IMG_4581.jpg

And some finished shots with weathering, dirt, etc.
9IMG_0038.jpg

10IMG_4612.jpg

11IMG_0280.jpg

12IMG_4610-2.jpg

13IMG_0059.jpg
14IMG_0054.jpg

15IMG_0019.jpg

The kit is a bit different from all the Bandai SW kits I have done recently. There is a lot less fool-proof engineering built in, so some of the assemblies required extra research beyond the instructions to figure out how things were supposed to fit together. So, thanks to all those people that have posted their builds! It took a while to figure out that delicate upper rear suspension with shocks and air foils. Tough stuff. Could just be me.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back