1/24 scale Ralph McQuarrie concept X-Wing scratchbuild

Merry Christmas!

Pew pew pewww!

L1080014.jpg

L1080020.jpg

L1080045.jpg

Thats........ thats just ............ thats just so cleverly done I'm almost at a loss for words! Not only is the finished weathering so spot on ,but the 100% perfect black background and front lighting on that bird make it look like some lost production model photos out of the SW Chronicles. How did you do that. Great, great work .

Simply beautiful Jason. If I may ask, is the darker colored streaking that appears over the entire model from a black undercoat and steel wool technique? It really adds to the realism of a super high speed fighter.

Thanks,

Evan

Merry Christmas!

Pew pew pewww!

L1080045.jpg

Naw, I don't totally buy the dark undercoat story, at least on the stuff I saw.

It's white Tamiya Superfine primer, and then airbrushes and powdered "lamp black" pigment... Dullcote seals 'er in, Some light sanding, lather, rinse, repeat!

Frank, the update is appreciated. I am far happier to wait for a kit that meets your standards of production quality than something that does n't. Saves us a world of pain later. I have been watching moffeatons Concept X build up and painting with a great deal of admiration and not a little envy.
However, I would note that it is CHRISTMAS soon, so don't kill yourself over getting this thing done quickly, I'm just glad its actually happening at all.
With all this bloody cold weather (for once I was actually pleased to get up and take a **** in the night, flushing the toilet has just stopped my pipes from freezing up !) the backlog for deliveries in the UK seems pretty bad at the moment so it seems sensible to wait into the New Year as you are doing.
So, don't feel beholden to us to get this done right now, though I am grateful for your effort to complete it ASAP. Take a break and enjoy yourself this Xmas. Thank you for your all your efforts so far to fullfill the outstanding orders, but have a good holiday !!! (unless casting is of course your idea of a great holiday anyway).

Took your advice.

Drank Over Holidays.

Somehow everything got molded,.....but I haven't seen my cat since, and there is an extra mysterious Mold Box.

Ill be casting this weekend. Start shipping next week.

Jason, can I use some of your pics?

Dang that's the best yet!!! :) These models that aren't "screen" models are the coolest because the artist isn't locked into one particular paint scheme/weathering and they can just go hog wild!!!! Excellent results man!

Dave

Thank you for the up dates again Frank, you are the Man! Glad you had a good Christmas, the weather out in the States has looked terrible! Snows just been down again yesterday ,but its the old English snow, gone by this morning ,instead of hanging around for a month! Now everyones going down with viruses, I've just had the worst "cold"? I've had for years, it felt like I was coughing my lungs out.
However, looking forward to getting this kit again . Moffs finished piece really does the business!Like Dave said you can really do what you want with this bird and I've worked out a paint scheme thats quite different but hopefully just as cool! Can't wait to get back in the garage in the spring.

Update:

Completely molded.
Im waiting on some decals from Rich, until JT Graphics can print up my own supply.

I also sent 3 sets of wings from my molds to Rich, to fill 3 of the back orders...as those kits were ready to go minus wings.

So...some of you SHOULD be getting boxes in the mail any day now.
Rest of you will shortly.

Frank

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back