1/24 scale Ralph McQuarrie concept X-Wing scratchbuild

3d-builder: I can appreciate what you are saying, but it comes across as trolling. (EDIT: meant can seem to be trolling. I don't think that's your intention though)

This reminds me very much of the non-ending fights you had over at resinilluminati. There may be justification for those, but it ended up with banishment (reinstated membership later) and a few threads in the gladiator forum.

No one here, Frank or Richard, is out to get us. EDIT

Back on topic:

I will gladly receive an x-wing from Frank. Nothing wrong with that. He does great work too.

The other problem is that the kit of the Tydirium won't be delivered as I wanted. I'm not happy with that but Richard and I will work out how to resolve it, and Richard has a very good idea how to do it.

(Other GKs/finished models not received: Scott Alexander's big Aires. Ordered it half a decade ago. Still waiting. Along with that I bought but haven't received a big Discovery finished model a decade ago. Still waiting on that too. Would appreciate help with that one! Scott's a great guy and is constantly making progress, so one day it will happen.)

Since these aren't real businesses, but instead passionate modelers making super awesome kits and models, you have to have faith that things will turn out ok. Many obstacles get in the way and when you're a one man business there's no backup. I understand the problems.

Last edited:
Nevermind the complexity of the project, or the level of accuracy that is superior to licensees.

Sheesh.

Its easy to forget how lucky we are to have community members driven enough to not only offer their own kits of what WE love, but kit makers willing to pick up slack and help each other out. All so WE (the kit builders) can have our holy grails.

Sometimes **** happens. Time frames are less than ideal. Ever been in over your head with anything? Don't you want to be part of a community who WANTS to help you? That's what we call support.

That's what we have here.

Ive had various dealings with Rich, and he always comes through, in fact, i had a dealing on this very model (to keep it OT :rolleyes) and ya know what, he delivered in amazing time.
We all get sidetracked, ill, downright pissed off now and then, then, you have this little thing called FAMILY, yeah they really tend to get in the way of a sideline GK project dont they, damn them to hell.
Rich is a Husband, and a Father, he always delivers, and from my experience, he's like an elephant, he doesnt forget, just now and then, on a project of this scale, the whole world can come tumbling in on you.
Frank will come through, and, you'll all thank him at a later date, for having the guys to jump in on this.......you guys are way more lucky than you realise, if this is your chosen hobby.
There is frustration (been there) this brings ill feeling, but ill feeling doesnt get the job at hand accomplished.
All good things, to those who wait. Keep on plugging Rich.

lee

I understand the dynamic going on here, people paid money and they want their stuff......I would to! Everyone here who is owed a kit that Frank will now be making, gets exactly what they deserve a good kit from him! That was and never should be in question!

It's not about helping out, It's business it's not Franks responsibility to fill these orders!
He was given an opportunity he took it, with that I would imagine comes risk, I don't
know I would think he has to fill all these orders before he sees any profit? Then he has
to hope there is a little left at the end for himself! So ya you should be happy he was willing to take the
chance!

I have an issue with quitting, and if I walked
off with applause I would be ashamed even more!

But I suppose as I have run out of things to say........
I will get the biggest Bronx Cheer ever!

Last edited:
I understand the dynamic going on here, people paid money and they want their stuff......I would to! Everyone here who is owed a kit that Frank will now be making, gets exactly what they deserve a good kit from him! That was and never should be in question!

It's not about helping out, It's business it's not Franks responsibility to fill these orders!
He was given an opportunity he took it, with that I would imagine comes risk, I don't
know I would think he has to fill all these orders before he sees any profit? Then he has
to hope there is a little left at the end for himself! So ya you should be happy he was willing to take the
chance!

I have an issue with quitting, and if I walked
off with applause I would be ashamed even more!

But I suppose as I have run out of things to say........
I will get the biggest Bronx Cheer ever!

3D builder - you're missing the point. This whole thing doesn't have anything to do with business. In fact, it's quite clear to the people who make these kits for everyone that with all that time and materials that are needed to produce quality kits, you don't make very much money. You say it's a business but I think you fail to realize that the kit isn't more expensive now that Brundelfly is making them. Yet, Brundelfly has to make new molds, buy new resin and spend hours and hours making the kits for people. Who pays for all of the extra work? Rel does. Unfortunately, I'm sure that Rel is going to lose money on these kits. Even knowing that fact, he asked Brundelfly to cast them anyway for everyone that paid for them.

Countless times we have seen people making kits and casting things for people realize midway that there is little to no money in making these. Many people unfortunately just STOP and run away. Rel at least had the decency to get help from a friend who was in a better position to cast these kits for everyone. That to me shows more character than anything. In fact, Rel is not "running away" as you put it. He's sticking around and making sure this deal goes through for everyone, despite the extra costs to him.

His actions speak a lot louder than your words.

For those of you who are on the wait list for this kit. Brundelfly makes some amazing kits. I've personally dealt with and purchased kits from both of these guys and their work has always been top notch. Don't worry about the craziness of this thread, it has no impact on the fact that Brundelfly and Rel are continuing to work on the kits despite posts here. I would suggest that anyone who's on the list, contact Brundelfly personally to make sure that all their records are in order.

Michael,

You have no idea what the deal was between Frank and I and what was worked out with this project. You're implying that Frank is out to take advantage of it, which isn't even remotely the case.

I wish you'd just mind your own business and stay off the thread as you don't have the first clue as to what is going on.

Please just mind your own business and leave this alone. I can't believe you got on here and made so much trouble about something that doesn't have the first thing to do with you, and frankly I'm pretty insulted by your behavior and the things you've said.

Frank will now be filling the outstanding orders and that's just how it is, I'm at a loss as to why this makes any difference to you as you're not even on the list, nor are a customer. This isn't about quitting, it's about getting people their stuff at any cost.

But I doubt anything I said will make a difference as I suspect you'll be back on here shortly to cause more crap.

Last edited:
Well,....Im flattered for the nice words re: myself, and my friend Rich.

yes. S%$t Happens.

Trust me. Im not perfect, I learned on the very first run of Vipers.

To everyone except 3D thanks for your comments and input.

it's appreciated.

To 3D: I don't think I can say anything else better than what everyone else JUST said to ya especially what Rich said.

;-)

for what it's worth Frank, I had one of your vipers and that was a damn fine casting. If ya got to turn a model over to someone for a mold and casting? Call Frank.

Thank you!!

You know, Im a BUILDER and...over the years I bought ALOT of crappy kits.

When I started making GK seriously, I tried to cast stuff that I would want to build.

Moe should get the real credit. He has made some really cool masters. Im just trying to do his awesome work justice.

One more thing,

I never take anything personally, and even though 3D and I have had a splendid time trading ASCI TEXT assaults, just for the record, I have no ill will to him or anyone else.

I just learned long ago to DISH it out as good as I get it. Pointless game Im ashamed to say Im good at.

Glad the topic has moved BACK to models. Gimme a week or two to get set up, and Ill bang these out. Note: Ill probably modify a thing or two to simplify castings and make it easier for me and the builder. I will only do so, if I feel its an improvement. Keeping in mind, its like saying the MONA LISA needs a bit more OCHRE. I cant really se improving on anything, with one exception.

BRASS.

Im a firm believer in, never trying to recreate it.

Update:

I have MOST of the masters here, waiting on a couple of items.
Im selling JEdi sabers...so I can spring for SILICONE. Then Ill start casting.
Hopefully, folks will still want to buy these.

Frank

There's 5 orders that need to be shipped now, they will be out before Christmas.

I sent out a few that didn't want to wait for the new kits after Frank took the project over.

Last edited:
Having been in ths hobby for 15-20 years now... dealing with this group of people is a DREAM... you guys don't know how good you have it comapred to the "old days"...

I clearly remember the days where projects like these would take a year or more to cast up the kits and get to customers... people were literally doing it for an hour day in their garage after soccer practice and painting the kitchen... Now these guys are semi professional (or completely professional) modelers and kit makers... WAY better, in both product AND wait times.

Love all around guys!

Jedi Dade

Update: As of Dec 10. I have EVERYTHING. Some parts Im remastering.
Nothing against REL, I just cast differently. So Im modifying the kit.
Mold boxes are made, and I hope to pour some blue tonight. Finish the two parter's tomorrow. I know REL said you would get it by XMAS.

You wont.

But definitely, by NYE.
Besides, you really want it bouncing through the postal system DURING XMAS?
I thought not. Even if I had them ready to ship...Id sit on em til after the 25th.
Safer that way.
So...sit tight. Im working.

I have to bang these out, as I have a VIPER Buildup to finish, and a BWING to mold.

Merry XMAS my brothers and sisters,

Brundelfly

Frank, the update is appreciated. I am far happier to wait for a kit that meets your standards of production quality than something that does n't. Saves us a world of pain later. I have been watching moffeatons Concept X build up and painting with a great deal of admiration and not a little envy.
However, I would note that it is CHRISTMAS soon, so don't kill yourself over getting this thing done quickly, I'm just glad its actually happening at all.
With all this bloody cold weather (for once I was actually pleased to get up and take a **** in the night, flushing the toilet has just stopped my pipes from freezing up !) the backlog for deliveries in the UK seems pretty bad at the moment so it seems sensible to wait into the New Year as you are doing.
So, don't feel beholden to us to get this done right now, though I am grateful for your effort to complete it ASAP. Take a break and enjoy yourself this Xmas. Thank you for your all your efforts so far to fullfill the outstanding orders, but have a good holiday !!! (unless casting is of course your idea of a great holiday anyway).

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back