1/24 scale A Wing build up

REL

Sr Member
This is the kit from Modelnutz. I'm going to scratchbuild the guns from brass tubing.

Thanks

a_w_001.jpg

a_w_003.jpg

a_w_002.jpg

Last edited:
That's a beauty Richard. Great paint too. Looking forward to geting mine.
Is that a standard RCA jack for the lights?
Cheers, JT

Great stuff as always, REL. Just curious... how did you tint your canopy? Tamiya Smoke?

EDIT: Nevermind... saw in another pic that it is clear... just the dark interior in the initial pic.

Looks great Richard! I can't wait to get mine. Looks like a good kit.

Is there any way you can show or explain the lighting process/items you used? I'd like to light mine and would like to do it as you did it.

woo hoo! i see the decals have been added. :love Excellent job. I love the engine lighting. Those look like some bright LED's. Those sunlight pictures do look much better. Awesome

Very nice indeed Rich, a really clean build & fantastic paint job, I'm trying to get one of these with no avail? Pitty they do look really great.

Are these still available?I e-mailed a guy about a year or so ago who was making a 1/24 scale A-Wing.I got the info off of Alfred Wong's web page.At the time he ceased production on them and said he was upgrading the kit and making new molds.I haven't heard a peep since then.

There's info on it on the resin illuminati forum under 'kits'. I don't think he has a presence on RPF. He's just now casting them and sending them out. (I hope it's ok to post info about something on another forum. If not, sorry)

Are these still available?I e-mailed a guy about a year or so ago who was making a 1/24 scale A-Wing.I got the info off of Alfred Wong's web page.At the time he ceased production on them and said he was upgrading the kit and making new molds.I haven't heard a peep since then.

Hey Rel,what paints do you usually stick with?Acrylics?Are you mixing yours for the red &white for the paint skeme,or is it more or less,"strait from the bottle" and/or subtle/heaps of weathing depending?

Thanks everyone for the nice words.

Hey Rel,what paints do you usually stick with?Acrylics?Are you mixing yours for the red &white for the paint skeme,or is it more or less,"strait from the bottle" and/or subtle/heaps of weathing depending?

I've switched mostly to acrylic craft paints you can get at Michaels, Hobby Lobby etc. This one was done with the Deco Art's craft paints
http://www.creative-wholesale.com/Americana Paints.htm

Thin with purified water, for a faster dry time mix in a little isopropyl alcohol.
The color on this one was a mixture of a few different one's, I don't remember exactly, I usually get 2 or three different colors and start mixing until it matches the reference to my eye. I think this one was crimson, a little black and some orange. All the rust was orange pastel chalk sealed with a matte coating.

The blast marks are Polyscale oily black.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back