1:18 scale Lou Ferrigno - The Incredible Hulk figure with retro Kenner cardback

cking

Sr Member
Hi all,

Work is proceeding very nicely on my second 1:18 scale Superhero figure. Here's the latest progress images of the computer model that will be 3D printed in resin (same as my Christopher Reeve Superman figure).

Please contact me by email if you'd like to be added to the email update list on the progress.
chris.king2@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Attachments

• C6.jpg
    C6.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 223
  • C7.jpg
    C7.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 191
  • C8.jpg
    C8.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Kenner-Hulk-Front-and-Back.jpg
    Kenner-Hulk-Front-and-Back.jpg
    780.5 KB · Views: 207
Almost there now. Just some tweaks required to the hair to make it more wig-like.

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 791
  • D2.jpg
    D2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Kenner-Hulk-Front-and-Back-with figure.jpg
    Kenner-Hulk-Front-and-Back-with figure.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 386
Yes, the hair is being re-done at the moment. It's really tricky to capture the way that wig looked but we're trying to get it as good as we can. It doesn't help that there are wildly different types of wigs that he used ranging from the ridiculous to the "too salon styled".

Huge thanks to psab keel for sending a Batman 1989 and Superman The Movie cardbacks to Michael at Retroblasting. Here's a link to their review of my cards. They actually confuse my cards with the cards that are being professionally produced in China by another UK fan (Stan Solo Creations and Smith Lord Creations), so that was a huge compliment for them to think that my cards were up to the same standard as those.

Here is the finished sculpt for my Lou Ferrigno Hulk figures. Next step - 3D printing!

Attachments

• Hulk-Final-201020.jpg
    Hulk-Final-201020.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 696
We've had to close the fist on the left hand too as the 3D printing supports and subsequent clean-up of each finger was running the risk of the fingers snapping off. Having both fists closed simplifies the clean-up.

Attachments

• Hulk-Hand options.jpg
    Hulk-Hand options.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 673
If anyone is interested, here's the grey primed 3D printed Hulk figure. Turned out great.

Attachments

• 20201031_135125-1.jpg
    20201031_135125-1.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 479
  • 20201031_140349-1.jpg
    20201031_140349-1.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 499
Tough crowd. I won't even bother showing the Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man figure that is being worked on now. :(
I'm honestly very surprised that considering the amount of nostalgia and dare I say "love" for these characters as they appeared in the 70's / 80's movies and TV shows, there is such a complete lack of interest in what I've tried to do here. It really is pretty much just something for my own collection.

If anyone is interested, here's the grey primed 3D printed Hulk figure. Turned out great.
this looks great! i am only seeing this post for the first time now...

any plans to sell the ferrigno one?

You know I’m in for a Spidey!
Work has just started on Spidey. Problem with Spidey will be the webbing pattern. The Hammond suit just had silk-screened black lines on it which at this small 1:18 scale would not show up as any surface detailing at all. I'm thinking that it may be best to just have it as a red and blue costume (no webbing) and just have the black spider logo on the chest and the black surround to the eyes. If we do add the web pattern. it would have to be engraved and to make sure it doesn't disappear when printed, would need to be quite wide and deeply recessed. We're going with he leather boots and extra gloves version of the costume just to give a bit more interest to it as well as the web cartridges on the belt and of course the wrist web shooter / cartridges.

Sounds sick! Yeah, the webs on that suit would be a little finicky. If you guys end up with the silver eyes I’d be super pumped!!!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back