1/144 RC U.S.S.Nimitz

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ed209

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I read Nimitz in the title and "The Final Countdown" was the first thing that came to mind. That's actually one movie I WOULD like to see Hollywood remake. I loved that movie as a kid and got hooked on the Jolly Rogers (VF-84) tomcats from that point on. Loved seeing them go into the low-viz scheme, then was bummed to see them disbanded, but ultimately happy to see their tail symbol resurrected in the F/A-18's.

Great job on the ship model. I think seeing the rotors spin on the helicopters would bring it to life and maybe putting a smoke generator or two below the catapults to simulate the steam coming off them.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

vetteboy1982

Thanks ED-209. I've actually thought about both of those things. Someone else did their choppers rotors and it did look awesome ! Might be beyond my own capabilities . Sorry about the late reply but have been without a computer for a while and am just now learning how to do this on my iPhone for now. No money for computer or hobbies as I hit a deer in my Corvette and have parts to buy to get her back on the road !