1/144 Blockade Runner scratch build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.


Bauble

Member
Thanks, everyone. Special thanks to kermet and joberg. joberg, I am really sorry you have to dismantle the space station. It looked amazing. The consolation is that it will live on in our collective memories and digital pictures archived on this site.
 
Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Bauble

Member
These past few weeks, I have been fussing with assembling the whole model. Putting in the optical fibers, rigging up the lights, and supergluing stuff. I also painted on the red stripes and paint chipped them. Thank you, Analyzer for the Tamiya hull red paint suggestion. 33% that + 66% flat red + 5% flat white got me the color I kinda wanted. It is almost right, but I think if I am to make another block runner, I would go with 25% hull red + 75% flat red + 15% flat white. Its always hard to experiment on a model this big...

The next and final step is weathering. I hope to get 90% of that done in the next 3 weeks, and finish up the remaining 10% in the next 3 years.

IMG_2010.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG
IMG_1037.JPG
IMG_1039.JPG
IMG_1040.JPG
IMG_1044.JPG
IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1049.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1032.JPG
IMG_1033.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
 

EKF5

Active Member
Great build!

I hadn't seen your thread before. Really liked your use of the '60s Man From Uncle silhouette for scale on the 1/7/21 photo post. LOL
 

Bauble

Member
Thanks, ekf5 and skahtul. The similarity to uncle is coincidental though... but now that you mentioned it, I cant unsee it! This is the sister build to a hammerhead corvette I scratch built earlier. If you are interested, here is the link:

 

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

joberg

Master Member
Bauble...thanks for the praises concerning my 2001 Space Station;) And yes, I have plenty of pics and videos of that model to remember it forever.
As for your Blockade Runner; the details, the paint and the overall look is dead on!! The result shows your level of skills and dedication: Pro-Job all the way(y)(y):cool::cool:
 

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Top