1/1 P1 bust

A

alkalilake

My first P1, and not my last. Dreads are next. Probably have finished shots in a day or so. The digital camera is washing him out a bit. Comments and criticism welcome.

front38wg.jpg.png

side23sj.jpg.png

Nice job.
Good tooth coloring.
Are those Van Dykes eyes?
They rule!
Larry

Yeah their Van Dykes. I have a red set for my P2. Not screen accurate, but cool anyway.

thats nice man, but i think its a lil too white. it could just be the flash but other than that it looks great.

Kind of agree, but by the looks of it, the flash washed some color out. Looks almost identical to that the Steve Wang ref you had.

Yeah it's the flash that's whitening it too much. Cloudy and rainy here today so the flash had to get used.

I would ease up a bit on the bright red inside the mouth. Take a look at Larry Kidd's new predator elder head, should be subtle pinks inside.

Wow man... that looks fantastic! Umm... about the only critiques I can think of would be to add a few more spots around the cheeks, and less red- more pink in the mouth. But that's just me, and I've only painted one thing with my airbrush... so I really dunno what Im talking about. Hehe.

I really love the paint job, and I was wondering if you were gonna do a tutorial or something like that?

Yeah it's the flash that's whitening it too much. Cloudy and rainy here today so the flash had to get used

Yeah, now that you mention it the leaves in the back look a little wet. And that's good to hear. Although I don't think the mouth should be toned down, it looks amazing. The level of detail is what stuns me. Looking forward to some non-flash pictures!

The mouth is more darker (?) than it looks. There's no red in it. It's the combination of digital/crappy Seattle weather that's throwing it. I'll get a better picture when he has dreads. Tutorial? I'd ask Larry for that one. I have the whole process in photos though.

LOOKS AWESOME!!!

What type of eyes did you use? I know you said that they are from VanDyke's. Are they from "Van Dyke's (taxedermy)"? And if so what kind are they? Sorry for asking so many questions. I'm planing on doing a 1/1 and those eyes are awesome.

Thanks

TOM

Call up Van Dykes and tell them you want the "Predator eyes" they have the blueprint for them on file. They have both a red and a blue set. Oblivously you want the blue. I have a set of the red though and they are just as nice.

Very nice !!! Im still trying to get better at painting myself but you do good work man.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back