1:1 MSE-6 Mouse Droid

minifig

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Everyone

I thought I'd show you what I've been doing whilst taking a break from the Death Star tiles!

After doing the 1:1 clone trooper blaster I wanted to contribute to my friends Star Wars group some more, and thought that an r/c mouse droid would be both neat and achievable, and would fit in well with their rapidly expanding collection of costumes and replica props!!!

I tried to make it as look as accurate as I could with the reference I could find, but the construction is completely unauthentic!! the body is fabricated from sheet styrene rather than vac formed ( I don't have access to a vac former big enough) and most of the greeblies are scratch built.

I haven't the first clue about r/c so cobbled the workings together from old cars and components off of ebay. An authentic car chassis from the '70s is ridiculously expensive so I was only really concerned about getting the wheels roughly correct, you know, the bits you can see.

Anyway, here's some pictures:

006.jpg

009.jpg

021.jpg

012.jpg

005.jpg

028.jpg

045.jpg

036.jpg

033.jpg

044.jpg

030.jpg

042.jpg

Hope you like it :O)

Once I've figured out how to do it, I would like to put some sounds into it, but that might have to wait until after the next batch of Death Star!!!!

minifig

that is incredible detail for something that was on the screen for 6 seconds lol, if it helps, ive see the mouse droid sound board on a star wars sound board for the i phone.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

@DOGFOX2109 - Its what I 'believe' to be full size; I scaled it off the things I could be sure of - the ic chips and valve sockets, but with all the distortion you get on photos I have no way of knowing the actual dimensions. At some point I must try a photo-overlay just to see how far off I am ;O)

minifig

I would love to do a run, but like I said, I didn't vac-form the body, so don't have the means to replicate the main shell.

I did cast some of the parts, like the ic chips and the resistors and capacitors on the greebly bit as well as the rf socket and screw heads, but again, just fabricated the chassis of the amps. It also worked out cheaper to just buy certain components that are still available today...like the little capacitors on the side motherboards and even the valve sockets!

But if anyone wants some info on what stuff I bought, or really wants me to cast them some of the components I scratchbuilt then just let me know and we can try and work something out :O)

If there is enough demand for certain components I'll set up a junkyard thread or something!

It really is a great droid for a 'beginner', or somebody working up to something more ambitious.

The question is...what to do next????

minifig

@masterstumpy - Do it!!! It's really quite simple really, I probably only spent about 40-50 hours on it...and a big chunk of that was trying to work out the dimensions...and an even bigger chunk was muddling my way through the r/c stuff :O)

minifig

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back