1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Hey Guys!!! I was just watching The Mandalorian and noticed how "Falcon-ish" is the cockpit for his ship, check it out:

Read my mind yet? I wonder if anyone is thinking on going full "1:1-Millennium-Falcon-Cockpit-replica" on that Cockpit!

Attachments

• The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 03.jpg
    The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 03.jpg
    766 KB · Views: 3,671
  • The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit back with director.jpg
    The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit back with director.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 13,553
  • The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit back with hologram.jpg
    The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit back with hologram.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 5,844
Hey Guys!!! I was just watching The Mandalorian and noticed how "Falcon-ish" is the cockpit for his ship, check it out:

Read my mind yet? I wonder if anyone is thinking on going full "1:1-Millennium-Falcon-Cockpit-replica" on that Cockpit!

LOL! I must admit I haven't seen the Mandalorian yet. Yes, looking at those images, the cockpit is VERY OT in design. They combined a LOT of MF and X-Wing elements. And they used actual windows! ;)

Great pics!

Hi, I'm new here. I'm trying to build full scale millennium falcon cockpit. I will be open to suggestions.View attachment 1086539

Hey J,

Welcome to the RPF! Even better... what better way to begin your RPF adventure than to build a 1:1 scale MF cockpit! :)

The very FIRST thing I would suggest is to make sure you have the room, and height, to build such a large project. The cockpit, depending on how far back into the ship you go, is bigger than a small car. So be sure to think your project through step by step. The biggest and probably heaviest pieces of the build will be the floor. The main section of the cockpit (where the navigation chairs rest) will be the largest section.

Also, be sure you can break down the project so you can get each piece through normal size doors. In other words, make the cockpit modular!

Feel free to reach out if you have questions. I would love to help in any way I can! :)

Last edited:
Hi Gang!

Finally finished up another video of my YT-300 build. Hope you enjoy it!

Also... the CNC is up and running, as I mentioned, and I am scheduling time to cut some VERY large 3/4" panels in prep for the next project! ;)

Jeshurun - The best suggestion I think anyone can give is, sit down over a weekend (maybe more?) and read through this entire thread. Get a good idea of everything SofaKing went through over the last several years building his cockpit. He's gone places mere mortals fear to tread (or have better sense than treading, hehe).

Not trying to dissuade you at all but, just get a idea of what you're in for. Alcoholism, rampant drug use, disconnect from family and friends, any of these thing would have greatly expedited this project. All waking hours will need to be spent rendering this project into existence. It should be your life, your obsession, maybe even...your lover.

All kidding aside, you couldn't have a better instruction manual than this thread. SK has already worked out all the do's and don't's of how to tackle something this massive. You can see how fast it went from living room to garage to a rental shop space.

Wishing you all the luck.

LOL! I must admit I haven't seen the Mandalorian yet. Yes, looking at those images, the cockpit is VERY OT in design. They combined a LOT of MF and X-Wing elements. And they used actual windows! ;)

Great pics!

Thank you! I don't want to hijack your thread, but here's more caps, maybe they can inspire more stuff for your new cockpit.

I love the controls, specially the LED tip toggle switches!! They have the right mix of retro and new!

Attachments

• The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 06 sensor screen.jpg
    The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 06 sensor screen.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 624
  • The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 05 radar screen.jpg
    The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 05 radar screen.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 615
  • The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 07 left controls.jpg
    The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 07 left controls.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 471
  • The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 08 right controls.jpg
    The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 08 right controls.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 580
  • The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 09 overhead controls.jpg
    The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 09 overhead controls.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 516
  • The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 10 throttle controls.jpg
    The Mandalorian - Razor Crest cockpit 10 throttle controls.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 586
Hello.

First of all a big thank you for this project. I look at its 545 pages in a week, that happiness! Thank you, thank you thank you for making us dream. You have admirers to France and you are my hero :)

If I write to you it is because I searched on every page the answer to a question left unresolved since your first publication. "With what materials do the V2???" MDF, aluminum, etc ...

I worked a few years in a DIY store with significant employee discounts for MDF. I used to see abused for any kind of project. Table, chair, shelf, painted on one side, 2, pierced, not pierced, etc ... I think I did all that could be done with this wood. In many ways it is great, except for one thing, durability ... Even with 35mm there are curves, sails etc ... Wood is a living material the sun and humidity have always had because of him.
All its to tell you that I have nightmares to imagine that you use this material for the V2.

So If you have the answer to this question, kill the suspense please! :)

I thought about it a little on my side and I thought about aluminum profile V-slot, very resistant, inexpensive for the structure. It is used on the frames of 3D printers and other CNC DIY.

For the panels, a material that I find interesting is the Dibond, a plastic composite aluminum. Very resistant, insensitive to moisture, good paint grip. A big default for you, cutting is done at the cnc, I do not think the laser works on the aluminum. The plate is a bit expensive but it's durable. For fixing the two it takes screws but in truth when I see the number of scabies you have I think they could be quite cleverly hidden below. In short it is not the miracle material but it has some interesting aspet

here is good continuation

Hi Gang,

WOW... The holidays are here and I have been NONSTOP! I know most of you have been as well and our collective hearts go out to each other! : )

Although I have been working like mad I have been direlect in my duties in posting both vids and the supporting images with those videos. Sadly... this post will be no excpetion! ; )

New vid

Also, I apologize for not getting to all the posts and emails sooner. Again, the holidays take up a lot of time.

Merry Christmas to All! I hope everybody has a very safe and happy holiday. Be good to each other, take good care... eat, drink and be merry!

More to Follow!

Hi Gang,

I just finished the LAST video of 2019. Whew... At almost 20 min it was a LOT of work.

I know that I have not been posting a lot of images of the full scale build but I promise... 2020 will see me getting back at it! Although 2019 had us going in a lot of directions, 2020 is going to be awesome! I hope you stick around, come along for the ride and enjoy. :)

Most importantly, Happy New Year to everybody! Be safe and I hope you all spend time with family and friends!

Love you all!

That looks absolutely incredible! You have a great "eye" for the Star Wars look. Can't wait to see what the suitcase handle is for.

Have a prosperous (and productive) New Year!

That looks absolutely incredible! You have a great "eye" for the Star Wars look. Can't wait to see what the suitcase handle is for.

Have a prosperous (and productive) New Year!

Thanks for the HUGE boost in confidence! :) The suitcase handle? LOL Great description.

Hello.

First of all a big thank you for this project. I look at its 545 pages in a week, that happiness! Thank you, thank you thank you for making us dream. You have admirers to France and you are my hero :)

If I write to you it is because I searched on every page the answer to a question left unresolved since your first publication. "With what materials do the V2???" MDF, aluminum, etc ...

I worked a few years in a DIY store with significant employee discounts for MDF. I used to see abused for any kind of project. Table, chair, shelf, painted on one side, 2, pierced, not pierced, etc ... I think I did all that could be done with this wood. In many ways it is great, except for one thing, durability ... Even with 35mm there are curves, sails etc ... Wood is a living material the sun and humidity have always had because of him.
All its to tell you that I have nightmares to imagine that you use this material for the V2.

So If you have the answer to this question, kill the suspense please! :)

I thought about it a little on my side and I thought about aluminum profile V-slot, very resistant, inexpensive for the structure. It is used on the frames of 3D printers and other CNC DIY.

For the panels, a material that I find interesting is the Dibond, a plastic composite aluminum. Very resistant, insensitive to moisture, good paint grip. A big default for you, cutting is done at the cnc, I do not think the laser works on the aluminum. The plate is a bit expensive but it's durable. For fixing the two it takes screws but in truth when I see the number of scabies you have I think they could be quite cleverly hidden below. In short it is not the miracle material but it has some interesting aspet

here is good continuation

Hey P,

First, my apologies for the lateresponse. The holidays ALWAYS take up more time than we hope/want/think and we're always left having to scramble to find time. I hope you had a wonderful and Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year!

Thank you so much for the kind words! I can't believe you read all 545 pages! That really means a lot to me. As I always say, there will be a test! ;)

What materials are we going to use for Cockpit V2? That's a VERY GOOD question. I actually had this exact conversation with a buddy of mine a few weeks back. The frame is probably going to be a metal frame (not sure of the exact material) with a fiberglass subframe in certain areas. The actual panels may be a combo MDF / laminate or actual aluminum panels. The cost is VERY high for aluminum but all ideas are on the table. Once we realize the cost, that's when decisions start to be made as to what we will actually use.

Thanks again and I do apologize, again, for the late response.

Hope this helps?

Hey Gang,

I have been derelect in my posting duties and I feel very ashamed! So please punish me by checking these lastest vids! ;)

Also, I will get back to posting more images instead of just the vids.

Lots of new armor plating and piping added to the YT-300

More to follow!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back