1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

It really doesn't look too bad from that angle. I will always be a nitpicker though. :)

Hey T,

I used to nitpick as well... but seeing her fully built once again is such a thrill! I can't nitpick anymore. It's just so cool to look at. Plus, it gives me TONS of ref images. :) I envoy the men and women who got to work on her. I can only imagine how much fun it was and thrilling to see her finally put together. Those are the unsung heroes! :)

Off-topic post:

Greebly heaven!

I came across this site with 1940s-60s mechanical flight computers and bomb sights: http://www.glennsmuseum.com/bombsights/everything.html

It's not a greeblies source, but it shows where the original FX team came from, what they were trying to replicate a futuristic version of. I'm particularly fond of the variations in surfaces we can see, with crinkly paints, bakelite knobs, steel and brass screws etc. The natural weathering too should be interesting references for Sofaking.

Off-topic post:

Greebly heaven!

I came across this site with 1940s-60s mechanical flight computers and bomb sights: http://www.glennsmuseum.com/bombsights/everything.html

It's not a greeblies source, but it shows where the original FX team came from, what they were trying to replicate a futuristic version of. I'm particularly fond of the variations in surfaces we can see, with crinkly paints, bakelite knobs, steel and brass screws etc. The natural weathering too should be interesting references for Sofaking.

Thanks for posting! LOVE those images! You really can see their source of inspiration. Having worked with a computer for my entire adult life, seeing all those images gives me a greater respect for the men and women who originally designed and fabricated all those different and misc parts. No CAD, 3D modeling, or APPs to help them - it was all done by hand. It's DEF a lost art. :)

Actually finding one of these will be a 'herculean task' and I'll need to do a ton of research to find the right type before saying what it is, so I'll just leave this here.

Greebpic2.png

The cover plate can be found on the Tantive corridor wall next to the escape pod hatch.

Looks like the top plate of a mechanical fuel pump to me. But, I'm no expert.

Actually finding one of these will be a 'herculean task' and I'll need to do a ton of research to find the right type before saying what it is, so I'll just leave this here.

View attachment 628922

The cover plate can be found on the Tantive corridor wall next to the escape pod hatch.

Last edited:

View attachment 628922

It does look a lot like a mechanical water pump:

https://partsforspeed.com/home/cool...g-8040-ewp115-remote-electric-water-pump.html

What do you think? Looks like it. Not sure what it would look like without the plate.

View attachment 628922

WOW... it's in the Tantive corridor as well? I never even noticed it! When you take the cover plate off, that's DEF the part! There has to be a few of them sitting out there someplace. I bet one or two guys in the UK have stacks of them sitting in their backyard sheds. ;)

W - where is the T IV is the greeblie? What scene?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the top plate of a mechanical fuel pump to me. But, I'm no expert.

It does look a lot like a mechanical water pump:

https://partsforspeed.com/home/cool...g-8040-ewp115-remote-electric-water-pump.html

What do you think? Looks like it. Not sure what it would look like without the plate.

I'm leaning more toward a propane or gas regulator similar to a residential or small commercial version. But knowing the original designers I bet it came off an aircraft.

Last edited:
In Wavey's picture, it seems to be bolted to some heavy gauge metal plating, so I don't think it's from a plane. Perhaps something armoured, like a war-ship or a tank?

I don't recall the original designers going through any tanks... although there is an image of an old WWII German canon sitting next to the steel frame of the original XWing from ANH. So... who knows?! :)

WOW... it's in the Tantive corridor as well? I never even noticed it! When you take the cover plate off, that's DEF the part! There has to be a few of them sitting out there someplace. I bet one or two guys in the UK have stacks of them sitting in their backyard sheds. ;)

W - where is the T IV is the greeblie? What scene?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm leaning more toward a propane or gas regulator similar to a residential or small commercial version. But knowing the original designers I bet it came off an aircraft.

Pump.jpg
I definitely think it's a pump of some kind. I found a pump that looks similar. It's a water pump from a 1952 Palmer BH marine engine. It's not identical, but the placement of the two connectors on the top look very similar.

View attachment 628922

The multiple ports make me think it's a vacuum fuel pump. The different SIZE of the ports makes me think it's either an alternator vacuum pump or a brake vacuum pump.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 628922

Hey W,

The image on the rt shows the part in question in the quad laser area. It sits at the lower right wall behind the chair just as you enter the quad area. Unlike the NavCom and the others, this one is silver.

The two on the side of the navcom are a different slightly smaller type of aircraft part. The silver one in the quad room looks like it's painted but they do come in red or black for that part.

And, there is another... This one may have its electric/sensor port on the other side. There may be one more different type after that.

I went to a classic car show today and there was numerous stands selling old fuel pumps etc I did look but nothing that was right.
But I did notice that stuff like starter motors and dizzy caps happened to look abit like what we are after but also I couldn't help but think they could make some cool greblies anyway

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back