1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Has Starkiller done any sort of mockup?
EDIT: Just checked out his "Walkthrough" video. It was just a plain gray wall. Needless to say, your version is far superior. Maybe add in a sort of "smack" button to open the door? (either electronically or just for fun)

Hey Yoda,

The VERY first thing I did was check view Starkiller's 3D walkthrough hoping to see if he had done anything... I think he held off creating anything since there are no photos of that area. I hope to come up with something - but would really like the community to get involved and submit their ideas :)

Eventually I would like to light everything and add all the bells and whistles... A steel subframe would certainly help when you smack the door padding!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! That GIF always cracks me up!

- - - Updated - - -

When we say pit... do you mean the access tunnel to the cockpit??

Hi H,

"Pit" is just short for cockpit. I started saying it at the show after a 8 year old told me I said a bad word... lol

AAahhh ho ho ho. Kids eh. So this door panel bit, I'm guessing that it's the access tunnel side, seeing as the one IN the pit is done..?
So there are no real drawings of it right, with some measurements I'm sure I could bandy around a couple of ideas for you

AAahhh ho ho ho. Kids eh. So this door panel bit, I'm guessing that it's the access tunnel side, seeing as the one IN the pit is done..?
So there are no real drawings of it right, with some measurements I'm sure I could bandy around a couple of ideas for you

Correct - that is the side from the access tunnel. The outer measurements are the same as the interior or are you looking for something more specific?

For the back side of the cockpit door I'd try adding details from a shot like this:

epi56.jpg

You don't want to Falcon to be too clean afterall!

For the back side of the cockpit door I'd try adding details from a shot like this:

View attachment 235601

You don't want to Falcon to be too clean afterall!

Hey R,

Check this out... I've been studying this image for the past couple of minutes. I love the exposed wiring, pipes, circuit boards and of course the green lights. I have an OLD projection TV just waiting to be picked apart... I'm sure I could find a few pieces to use. I might be able to cut the plastic screen up to use for the light bars?

Shadow of Reflection: Movie Screencaps R-S: Click image to close this window

Hey R,

Check this out... I've been studying this image for the past couple of minutes. I love the exposed wiring, pipes, circuit boards and of course the green lights. I have an OLD projection TV just waiting to be picked apart... I'm sure I could find a few pieces to use. I might be able to cut the plastic screen up to use for the light bars?

Shadow of Reflection: Movie Screencaps R-S: Click image to close this window

I like the idea of having one of the panels (like the one on the lower left/right of your drawing) "missing" to show the wires and pipes exposed. You could make the edges look burned or cut like Lando or Han had to open a wall that was meant to be closed to get to the "good stuff"! That might also be a good idea to trash up some of the inside of the cockpit in the areas were there are no photos. Just think of the mess under you cars dash when you take the panels off.

I like the idea of having one of the panels (like the one on the lower left/right of your drawing) "missing" to show the wires and pipes exposed. You could make the edges look burned or cut like Lando or Han had to open a wall that was meant to be closed to get to the "good stuff"! That might also be a good idea to trash up some of the inside of the cockpit in the areas were there are no photos. Just think of the mess under you cars dash when you take the panels off.

I think I'm going to lean towards a more used look than the cockpit... I like the idea of the exposed wires as well along with some insulation and pipes. Should be fun...

But again - Would love to see everybody's ideas!

Last edited:

Looks awesome! I'm assuming you're a graphic artist by trade? :)

I'm going to try to get two of the green light housing(s) that you see throughout the MF. I might add them to the pit entrance.

Looks awesome! I'm assuming you're a graphic artist by trade? :)

I'm going to try to get two of the green light housing(s) that you see throughout the MF. I might add them to the pit entrance.

Haha I can wish, I'm just a lowly old art student right now (18 in a couple of months)

It'll look good with the green lights!

Good stuff, Sofa! I was just curious... Now that you have some time, were you going to go back and install real lights for the "bar lights", or leave as is?

Good stuff, Sofa! I was just curious... Now that you have some time, were you going to go back and install real lights for the "bar lights", or leave as is?

Hey T,

Thanks! The "Pit" entrace is a work in progress... OH YES! I have every intention to finish off those lights. I spoke to alot of brilliant folks at the Makers Faire who are ready and willing to help out. Plus, I have an old projection TV that I might be able to use the screen for the light bar panels. I can also use the guts for other various/misc greeblies.

Whether or not I get to them before the next show... that another issue. I have several little projects beginning to pile up: instrument panels, throttle housing, back entrance, canopy, lighting, etc (a few others I'm keeping hush hush)... So really, it's just a matter of time and probably how I feel that day :)

Any ideas on those light bars?

Looks like I need to make the door light greeblee double sided :D Some artistic freedoms will need to happen there, FUN!! SK, I will need to know the inside thickness between panels of the door, when you get a chance :)

Couldn't you just use fluorescent tube lights behind a diffused acrylic/perspex sheet? Or even LED strips if you didn't want to use fluorescent

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back