1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

What a piece of JUNK!

and by that I mean the biggest compliment I could offer. I get happier every time I come to this thread.

I want it on my desk before you clock out, of you're fired!

Lucky for me there's no time clock! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

What a piece of JUNK! And by that I mean the biggest compliment I could offer. I get happier every time I come to this thread.

Hi Trooper,

Thanks so much! Let's hope for a productive weekend! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, my friend!

- - - Updated - - -

Coooool... :D Now you need to wire up a servo to that bad boy so it can open at the push of a button!

Don't think that hasn't already crossed my mind! How cool would that be? Here's a question: Does anybody know where the actual button is? :)

Don't think that hasn't already crossed my mind! How cool would that be? Here's a question: Does anybody know where the actual button is? :)

See the two white buttons right beside the door here?

preview16 copy.jpg

If it were me I'd make the one on the left the door open/close button and the one on the right the overall power button for the cockpit. Turn it on and everything is ready to play with. (further along on your circuit other switches can turn on other sections).

Then you have a functioning door and an on/off button for the whole cockpit.

I thought the door opens and closes automaticaly when someone comes close to it. It might be good to have a sensor eye somewhere hidden inside and outside the cockpit to activate a small motor on the door to achieve that. But if this is a place that will be many people at the same time then i assume the door will be always open :p

-Angel

Hi Gang,

I've spent the morning cleaning the garage and making more room for the cockpit. I wasn't able to "work" on the canopy w/o hitting the garage door opener. So... After many hours of cleaning rearranging I was able to push the entire cockpit back and I think it's going to give me the room I need to move forward... I'm going to install ALL the panels to make sure I have the room and begin measurements for the back side of the canopy. :)

Pushed back - you can see the garage door opener - fingers crossed!
20130727_103955_zps67d2f2a3.jpg

After wrestling with the idea of removing ALL the blue and white tiles with the idea to back light them I've decided against it. Maybe down the road I can rethink it but with the Makers Fair quickly approaching, I'm just going to move forward as planned. So... I added more tiles to another panel. :)
20130727_103937_zpse4abb74d.jpg

More to Come! :)

Last edited:

Hi Gang...

Well... I just spent the last 5 hours slowly putting the cockpit back together... You'd be amazed how heat, humidity, cold and varying temperatures can change the shape of all these panels. It was a real struggle and fight... Some places were off by 1/2 inch. There are a few panels that are still not lined up so I have to go back and loosen every bolt to try to get everything back to its original position before I take the canopy measurements. But in all it still looks pretty good. :)

Back platform all put together - Even with the platform and castors... I have JUST enough room to clear the garage door opener
20130727_145158_zpsc7a2ca52.jpg

20130727_145234_zpsb5e72ecd.jpg

20130727_155810_zpsc59013de.jpg

I also spent a fair amount of time cleaning the panels and even vacuuming to remove all the dust
20130727_155820_zps1452d4f3.jpg

20130727_155831_zpsf7b97faa.jpg

20130727_155846_zps10b7c055.jpg

20130727_155925_zps807edfd2.jpg

Love this shot!
20130727_155903_zpsf9d391f4.jpg

I still have another hour or so to clean up... I'm "hoping" tomorrow I will be able to stain and sand the other platform, measure and cut the back side of the canopy and many, many, other things... Whew... I'm pooped... :)

More to Follow

I was not ready for this level of excellence first thing in the morning, I now need sugary tea :D

Good lord this thing is so bad a**!!!!! That's the only words to describe it. I can't wait to see it lit up man, that's going to be intense!

One question on the white rectangle "strip lights", which you have yet to add... Didn't the AHN cockpit have strip lights along the lower section of the cockpit (as well as the top), or did they only show up starting with TESB?

Hi Gang,

Well... the threat of rain is with me and the storm clouds have moved in... UGH... I did manage to get a few coats of shellac on the quad base along with staining the console platform. I was really hoping to get the back of the canopy done... grrrr...

In the meantime, here are a few more shots. I added blue and white tiles to the last of the panels (I totally forgot about this one) and also took pics of how off and misaligned many of the panels have become. I think that's the most frustrating of all...

Added tiles to this panel
20130728_135647_zpsd6df71e6.jpg

20130728_135701_zps5d543443.jpg

The top is WAY off... I might have to remove all the panels and start again
20130728_135737_zps612df918.jpg

Another
20130728_135752_zps7f8522e5.jpg

I might have to enlarge the drill holes to give the bolts a little freedom to move while tightening
20130728_135804_zps94120a36.jpg

Let's hope the rain passes...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back