1:1 Landspeeder Project - Completed!

I call shotgun!

Beautiful build. Kind of in agreement over the blue glow. Super low to the ground,fog machine and a little yellow/brown maybe.

I also noticed in the other scenes other color speeders of the same make, but thats classic. Again beautiful job.

I have to stop looking at the pictures, this thing is so awesome it's raising my blood pressure. I hope when I'm making more money I can commission someone to make one for me. FANTASTIC WORK.

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project - VIDEO on Page 18!!!

There were two landspeeders that survived until 1987 when I arrived. One was hollow, used on the crane arm to simulate hovering; the other the one you see on display, intact with engine. One of the very first tasks I was entrusted with when starting at the archives was to dump the hollow version to make more room.
--Don

Don't know if this falls into the category necro-posting...

Anyway, if there where "two" original Landspeeders built for Star Wars and "two" still exsisting when Don arrived at the LFL Archives... How comes there is one seen on a scrap pile in Elstree's back yard after filming of Jedi has wrapped (see picture attached)?

Has it been salvaged? Was it a (third) spare we didn't knew of?

Howdy...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that might be an extra body that was pulled from the molds but never used. I base that on the fact that it appears to be unpainted and unfinished.

Great pic BTW...I've never seen that one before. :)

Jason

When I saw that Jeremy Bulloch signed this an image of Fett searching for Luke on Tattooine, finding Watto who says "This speeder belonged to a Skywalker, you want it? Cut you a good deal..." And Fett driving away with it in the cargo hold.

There's something wrong with my brain...

Re: speeder

I'd like to repeat this question...Do you think you might offer the fiberglass body to those willing to come pick it up? Sorta like kit and pick up only deal? I've always wanted a landspeeder of my own.:)
I am very interested in building my own landspeeder but do not have time to make a fiberglass body! Help?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back