1:1 Landspeeder Project - Completed!

Re: 1:1 Landspeeder Project - NEW Pics on Page 27!!!

This is where the line "Is it live or is it Memorex" is said.
It looks like a behind the scene's look at the Skywalker Ranch archieve.

Great job!

Scot

A few more shots..

DSC_0290.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0256.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

If I get all the little wires and misc details added, will you have time to add your magic to them as well?

Heck we've taken it this far, might as well do it right.:lol..sure, I'll bring my "magic" wand. ;)

This is where the line "Is it live or is it Memorex" is said.
It looks like a behind the scene's look at the Skywalker Ranch archieve.

Great job!

Scot

Thanks for all your hard work on the project too Scot. I'm standing on the shoulders of all the people who actually did something. :)

Thanks for all your hard work on the project too Scot. I'm standing on the shoulders of all the people who actually did something. :)

Don't sell yourself short buddy.. you delivered it on-time like you said you would. And to do the work you did with virtually no help..Kudos to you too bro. Thanks again for letting me be apart of this amazing project.

and just think about it, other than the wind shield, it'll be done this WEEKEND!!! WOO HOO!:cheers

Thanks Wayne.But it all didn't come together until it made it to you.The finishing detail work is amazing.Scot

Awesome. Not much else I can say. Congrats on this build, my hat is off to you!

Thanks everyone, we're looking to rap this up this weekend... more final pics to come I'm sure.:thumbsup

I am new to this thread but I am really impressed. The speeder is looking great!
I am also glad Gino brought up the question I have had for 10 years. Why would they repaint the original Landspeeder green for E1?
Anyway, I attended the Marin County Fair in 1988. Attached is the only photo I took of the speeder.
Enjoy!
Darren

Landspeeder1988.jpg

Anyway, I attended the Marin County Fair in 1988. Attached is the only photo I took of the speeder.
Enjoy!
Darren

Landspeeder1988.jpg

Get Pic Darren..:thumbsup

Looks like this baby will be at FANDAYS III in Dallas!!

"Attendees to the show will get a special treat in the exhibit hall as we're delighted Wayne Orr, well known in the R2 Builder community, is bringing his life sized replica of Luke's Landspeeder from A New Hope. He's been racing the last couple of months to get it finished and it's a wonder to see. Be sure to stop by and check it out and you'll marvel at the work put into this by Wayne and all those who helped him complete the project. Don’t forget your camera!"

:love

Last edited:

Very cool pic...

I must say that whoever repainted the speeder after Ep1 did a pretty outstanding job. The chipped areas are exactly the same as they were, and the darker weather spots are virtually identical (except that they are a little faded now)...Overall the colors, lines, etc still look pretty much spot on to that pic from the fair.

The one glaring change that I see is that sometime since then they permanently attached the exposed engine...There is currently no seam line to remove it like there is on the other one...It looks like the seam was bondoed up.

Jason

The Landspeeder wasn't repainted; rather it was restored. The green paint applied was done in such a way that they were able to wash the majority of it off, and then the areas that needed it were touched up with paint. The artistry came in the matching of the colors. Mind you, the fact that it was supposed to be beat up helped hide a multitude of sins.

And the seats were NOT swapped out. Those are the same seats that were there when I first laid my hands on it in 1987.

--Don

Very cool pic...

I must say that whoever repainted the speeder after Ep1 did a pretty outstanding job. The chipped areas are exactly the same as they were, and the darker weather spots are virtually identical (except that they are a little faded now)...Overall the colors, lines, etc still look pretty much spot on to that pic from the fair.

The one glaring change that I see is that sometime since then they permanently attached the exposed engine...There is currently no seam line to remove it like there is on the other one...It looks like the seam was bondoed up.

Jason

That's great info Don...Thanks.

So that explains why there's still some traces of the green in various spots on the speeder now. Those areas just didn't "clean up" as well as the rest did.

Here's a few other questions I had that I was hoping you could answer.

Did they actually make 2 windshields? Or did they simply switch one from speeder to speeder as needed? I've never seen a pic that showed both speeders with windshields on them.

I've seen some pics of the speeder on a greenscreen stage with Anthony Daniels and Mark Hamill in it...In those shots the grill slats look totally different then they are now. Instead of wooden slats, they almost look like bent aluminum tubing.

So...Did the grills change after filming?

Do you remember if there there any major differences between the boom speeder and the wheeled speeder?

I appreciate the input.

Jason

WOW! just found this thread. :eek :eek :eek
Fantastic work by all you guys!

I haven't noticed that any one commented on this, but the counter on the dash has "1138" upside down - Sweet

looking forward to tomorrow....we are getting close on this. Looks like we may get most of the final paintwork done on this bad boy tomorrow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back