Angel-Shanshu Scroll-Map-Maker suggestions?

It IS the closest I've seen, though it's missing the Kalachakra symbol.

I sent them an e-mail however as they say at the bottom of their page=

"We also have wholesale option if you want this 14.5” Incense Holder or any design or if you have your own design."

We'll see what their prices are.
Thanks for the link!

Well...
Here was the response to my question about having 50 scroll cases
(their minimum order for custom work) made in Tibet :
"It will cost you US$ 22 per incense burner.
Please let us know if you need any information."

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't have an extra $1100.00 laying around for 50 scroll cases.
Add to that her use of the word "burner" and I'm not really even sure if she knows what I'm talking about!
No worries, work continues on my own hand made scroll case which will be very accurate to the screen used.

Sorry for the lack of input here guy's.
Nothing new from the artist working on the scroll for me as she has gone back to work on her regular job.
Also, she has asked me not to share images and i've been hit up a few times by "Lurkers" (New-Zero Post Members) who are VERY interested in getting their hands on the files for the scroll!
This is why I've taken down any and all of the artists images here, hope everyone understands.

Honestly, the prop is not aged alot. I see coffee staining on the edges. You can coffee on any printed image just use it a little at a time and have a sponge to wick away excess immediately. But I would only use it on the edges of yours. the paper still looks pretty white.
I'd buy a printer that can do continuous. Also I would think about repeating the section multiple times on the paper. that way if you screw one up you just rip it off and start again.

Thanks for the input!
At this point I have the completed image on file and it looks great. The artist has even agreed to do the other end
(I call it the Wesley end becuase it's the other end that we first see as revealed by Wesley)
but that one is going to take a bit more time as she has gone back to work at her reguler job.

I also picked up a large roll of Vellum and had a local Kinko's tell me they can cut it to the correct size for me...one problem:
They refuse to print the image on the Vellum, they say they have to use their own paper and none of it is heavy stock like I want!
AAAaaaargh!!! :angry

Last edited:
A quick up-date here...
I was able to have Kinko's cut me two scrolls, each is Ten feet long X 12" wide (same as the prop for the show).
I then took those and set one aside. The other I laid out in the attic and wiped down with coffee.
One side done I let it dry suspended from two spaced hangers. I then flipped it and did the other side the same way...pretty cool effect!
Once it was all dry I took it, re-rolled it and set it next to the "clean" scroll for comparison (sorry, no pics yet) the difference is subtle but noticable.
I then took BOTH roles to a local Office Depot that reportedly has a fellow there that can work miracles with large images.
The image I was given by the artist is about 27" long by 12" wide so...

The fellow turned out to be very helpful and he took BOTH scrolls from me and will hopefully have something to show me next week.
More then, with pictures I promise!

Here is the FIRST finished scroll as promised. I'm in the process of prepairing another roll however as there were some set up issues with this one.
The up-side is that the printer GAVE this one to me so I have it to experiment with and plan on adding the holes and what not as I get braver with the process.
REALLY liking the coffee suggestion and am going farther with it on the next scroll.
The coffee combined with the parchment is just a great combination for aging it! I've also left off with my "gentle" handling of it as I have discovered that wrinkles and what not just add to the overall effect of age.
More pics when I have the other done up!
ShanshuFINISH.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back