Iron Man Mark 38 "Igor" WIP

toomanyclowns

As per the discussion:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/iron-man-mark-38-igor-180651/

I'm going to try the torso in foam. I have a good idea of the scale from comparing the release image to a more normal shaped suit. In both cases the base is the same so can be used to scale the suit reasonably accurately. See below:

attachment.php

I think this is how the head will sit:

attachment.php

And the body will need some kind of frame to support it similar to my Mark 1.

Finally a HUD will be needed, at the moment its a toss up between using an old Dell Streak with a fish eye lens or possibly a pico projector attached to an old netbook. Camera in the mouth or below the neck.

This should be fun. Here we go.

For anyone interested in templates, I'll post bits that work as I go along. For now, this bit seems like the key piece to get right since it is facing more or less flat to the camera and can hopefully used as a measurement guide for other pieces:

attachment.php

I hope to get something done today.

Hey, just an idea... would you use your elbow joint as Igor's shoulder joint? I have seen someone making costumes like that. Just need to support your arm properly so you wont get tired

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back