TPM VD Yoda Lightsaber Prop

Thanks! I finally had time to read all the posts in the thread and you mentioned it earlier too.

This is a cool little saber!!

FB

Thanks! I finally had time to read all the posts in the thread and you mentioned it earlier too.

This is a cool little saber!!

FB

Yeah, it's one of my favorites, but when I had to thin my collection for cash, well, the little guy just didn't fit. Sigh.

I once made a 10.5 inch long one that was very similar in proportions for me to use on haloween because I like the design so much. It rocked. Maybe I'll do that again.

I think I'm going to build one up. I like the way the endcap slides out.

I can do the guts so they slide up in the tube. That way I don't need to cut the flash.

FB

I thought I'd post a pic of what I think the real wheel looks like:

1121034-wheel.jpg

Does anyone have an accurate Blueprint for the VD saber?

FB

Last edited:
I just scored these. I'll have to compare them to the other one I have but I'm sure 4 of them are the right size.

Does anyone have any pics of the oil pan they either made or from the model?

thanks

rims.jpg

FB

Did anyone ever find the exact oil pan? I have a resin one but want to get the real one. Any clue what the corvette model box looked like?

thanks

P.S. can this thread be archived in a few weeks?

FB

Man, I've had these pics on my computer for like 6-8 years. I never thought I'd need them.

Not my pics, found them online.

Steve D original SDS Yoda Saber. Enjoy.

yo1-vi.jpg

yo2-vi.jpg

yo3-vi.jpg

yo4-vi.jpg

yo5-vi.jpg

yo6-vi.jpg

Yodaoncase-vi.jpg

Yoda_saber_back-vi.jpg

Yoda_saber_belly-vi.jpg

Yoda_saber_emitter-vi.jpg

Yoda_saber_left_side-vi.jpg

Yoda_saber_pommel-vi.jpg

Yoda_saber_right_side-vi.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

Weird, the emitter on that saber isn't the same as the original visual dictionary one!
It looks like a rear wheel which is incorrect.

I think the SD Studios ones were machined and not the found parts so that might be why. Any one know??

The original VD saber is on top.

original_vs.jpg

FB

I think 1 kit yielded 4 emitters. Saves having to buy a whole kit per Saber, or different real and cast wheels were used when SDS was producing these.

IIRC, only 30 sabers were made. (that's also what the plaque says)

Gotcha! Here is the rear wheel from the countach and it looks different from the SD Studios one also. They might have been machined or a totally different model wheel was used for a mold.

P1010622.jpg

FB

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am still working on it :lol

I have the wheels for my bolsey flash now, and plan on adding the emitter/wheel tonight, but I am still not sure which one to use, the front or back? It looks like the visual dictionary was the front wheel, but the photo of the prop looks like the back? What were the ones like that Russ made? Front or back?

EDIT: I just drilled a hole in the front wheel, and it looks perfect to me. The rear ones like the one above, are just too big for the ligthsaber.

Last edited:
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am still working on it :lol

I have the wheels for my bolsey flash now, and plan on adding the emitter/wheel tonight, but I am still not sure which one to use, the front or back? It looks like the visual dictionary was the front wheel, but the photo of the prop looks like the back? What were the ones like that Russ made? Front or back?

EDIT: I just drilled a hole in the front wheel, and it looks perfect to me. The rear ones like the one above, are just too big for the ligthsaber.

I need a wheel to upgrade my Lightsaber, if you want to sell it let me know :thumbsup

Has anyone replaced the blade on a Pepsi Yoda's lightsaber? I have access to a Pepsi Yoda who only has the hilt, blade is totally gone. I dont own the Yoda yet, debating on buying it now. Anyway I'm not sure if the hilt would fit any available blades. Any help appreciated, thanks

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back