1/35 Alien Queen Egg Chamber Dio New pics Last post

Nuclearsphinx

Spent quite some time building this had to completly remake the ovapositor as the original was HORRIBLE! Looking for some suggestions on painting?

I need to add more eggs, Finish the paint job and add Ripley and Newt also considering lighting.

Any suggestions or comments?

AliensStuff.jpg

EggChamberFloorwithCustomseggs.jpg

EggChamberFront2.jpg

EggChamberRear.jpg

EggChamberRightSideFullWithCrowe.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/35 Alien Queen Egg Chamber Dio Any Suggestions comments?

Your build and paint job are very nice.:love
Want to see some close up pics of each figures.
Do you have a plan to add a wall behind?
I think it's going to be real good with some
indirect lighting. How do you think?

cheers:lol

katsu

Will get more pics up.

planning on indirect light from behind the ovapositor a blue led on the queen and several strobes. Not sure about the wall as its in a mirror backed case.

If I remember the movie, the egg chamber was translucent and gooey. I know you can't make it translucent, but is there a way to make it shiny to simulate sliminess?

TazMan2000

I intend to clear coat with a heavy gloss coat to get the shinyness up and maybe add something else to make it really gooey. Im thinking the bright white light from the back of the ovapositor will help with the look as well.

Most of these kits are AEF Designs from 1989 and are very rare. Three of the marines in the picture are not though and they can be purchased still from a guy in france. If you want his info contact me as im sure I can post here.

You could use Epoxy to make it look like dripping goo.

Yeah I might do a little epoxy but I was thinking Laquer might give me the shine I need on the ovapositor.

Looking really good so far. Definitely more slime! The clear coat will help there too. Can't wait to see it finished.

Pics of some of the individual figures. I just finished one of the aliens and its not painted.

Picture188.jpg

Picture189.jpg

Picture190.jpg

Picture191.jpg

Picture192.jpg

Picture193.jpg

Picture194.jpg

Thank you all for your kind words. Keep it up with suggestions. So far we have more slime.

Any color suggestions? Any colors I missed? Im thinking I missed some light grey of some sort to look like freshly secreted resin. ??

How about using Elmers school glue for the secreted resin...maybe mixed with a little light green? That stuff always looked like snot to me. :lol

I'd agree with Dropshipbob, maybe some sort of PVA glue or even liquid latex for the resin all over the place. Other than that personally I would add alot more slime/gloss coat on certain areas along the queen and egg sack and maybe darken the egg sack a little and add some small veins and mist over them.

Finally darken up the base to contrast the queen a bit more. Sorry I rambled on a bit :p

Have to say the detail you have put into it is unreal esp on the marines paintjob (you must have a very steady hand!) Cant wait to see it with the lighting too! :thumbsup

Thanks for the advice guys. Havent added any clear coats to the paint yet as its not done. So will be adding a good amount of clear coat and highlighting the queen and sack with a really glossy one. The liquid latex sounds like it could work Ill try it out.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back