Bespin Carbonite Chamber 1:6 Build

Hanamaid

Hey guys, this my first post here! I’m a little late to discovering this site but I started diving back into my love of the franchise after 20 years and I’m pumped there’s a place like this to share it. I’ve started to build a 1:6 Bespin Carbonite Chamber in solidworks to 3/D print and laser cut the parts. Right now I’m at probably 10% done with the solidworks portion.

Plan of action is to have as much detail pumped into this as possible along with lights, motors for the claws and platform elevator, sound effects and more. Still have a long way to go… but it’s gunna be a awesome! thanks for checking out my project!

Attachments

• IMG_8340.jpeg
    IMG_8340.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8339.jpeg
    IMG_8339.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8337.jpeg
    IMG_8337.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8336.jpeg
    IMG_8336.jpeg
    739.9 KB · Views: 59
Welcome to the site. Great info here, great members, and tons of areas to spend more hours than we would all like to admit we've spent talking about......everything possible.

If you do not have the sound effects yet, this guys channel is one of the best for sounds from Star Wars, Star Trek, and just about everything else.
Top notch stuff right here.

Welcome to the site. Great info here, great members, and tons of areas to spend more hours than we would all like to admit we've spent talking about......everything possible.

If you do not have the sound effects yet, this guys channel is one of the best for sounds from Star Wars, Star Trek, and just about everything else.
Top notch stuff right here.
I didn’t have anything selected yet but that’s pretty legit. thanks for the info!

Hi another Solidworks user. I did a carbonite block years ago. its on Thingiverse if you haven't got that part yet,Carbonite block by crissy -I never got around the scanning my Ford but if you want it I could have a go.
good luck with the build, its going to be big.https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3055557
Too cool! I’ve SLA printed both your carbonite box and panels before at 1/12 but they were some of my very first prints… I screwed up the supports and my settings were all jacked up so it was a mess. I’m pretty picky and yours were the most accurate looking ones I could find.

I started working with Danny over at Redman Studio Workshop recently so I’m scanning his to print and use for this. Same cast and box I used for a full sized one I built for someone a little while ago(attached).

I can’t wait to see the miniature version now. And yeah, the platform alone is roughly 3ft across and it’s even taller than it is wide. Im going to see the build through but I may have to build a 1/12 version too in case the 1/6 is too much to keep around.

1713219894207.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back