"STARGATE" movie "Eye of Ra" pendant... Now with PROTOTYPE PICS!!!

one last thing to be determined is the color of the spacerbeads that are in between the gold/brass heishi beads. Some look turquase others look red or black. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Pretty, pretty indeed. Nice work. I'm looking forward to this one!

had some time this weekend in between milling, etchingf and painting sessions and finished the new proto type for the medallion. This is my 5th one. The first one got destroyed when the foundry tried to make a mold. the next 3 weren't good enough. The new one i now have is absolutely perfect :D

i will need to mold it and make castings in heat and pressure resistant resin (apparently task 9 from smoothon does the trick) and have these spun cast in pewter and goldplated, weeheeeee

here's a pic
rafinal.jpg

Took a close look at the screencaptures again. Looks like they didn't actually use bras heishi beads, but brass rings as you can see the cut and they appear to be only 1mm wide where heishis are like 2-3 mm wide

caps are always welcome :)

I ordered turquase heishis and am about to get some dark jasper ones as well. I bought a big bag of goldplate 4mm rings to see if it looks good. If not, we can always go for the regular brass heishis.

caps are always welcome :)

I ordered turquase heishis and am about to get some dark jasper ones as well. I bought a big bag of goldplate 4mm rings to see if it looks good. If not, we can always go for the regular brass heishis.

Here ya go, various points through the movie. Last one is about as good of a closeup on the chain stretched out as the movie had that I saw.

That's some clean work on that medallion.

I'll see if there is, I'm not sure if it had a clasp. I thought it was just slide over your head long enough
There is some sort of clasp system. You can sorta make it out in the second picture posted above, where the girl holds up the chain. Also, Ra rips the necklace off Daniel's neck in the scene just after Daniel's resurrection.

Only other shots I can find.

From the dig site the chain is in swing, but you can kinda tell its got a ring on each end and by the figure 8 blur, my guess is probably some sort of S hook between the 2 rings.

Then in hallway scene you can clearly see Katherine and its just the 2 end rings hooked.

2 more caps from the end when Jackson hands O'Neill the pendant you can see the 2 rings apart, but can't really make out what's between them.

Last edited:
After looking around, it looks like they used original african Heishis. They have the slit as well. Looking around for a company which can sell them in large quantities.

heishi%20antique%20brass%2016.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back