=COMPLETED= Han Solo Blaster Build - $6 Toy Conversion

yaris

Sr Member

Thought I'd add a DL-44 build to my little collection. Found this on the web for $6 delivered from China, ;)

Had some pretty cool/weird sounds and action, but I dumped them will keep it simple. Added some lead to it give it some decent weight. Because it was soooo cheap at $6, I plan to not buy any resin parts or real scope/brackets and keep the cost down by scratch building everything. Hopefully get out of the whole thing for less than $40

solo 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: $6 Han Solo DL-44 Build

Video is public now.....I'm not overly concerned with super accuracy. Once I scratch build some stuff for it and paint her, she'll be good enough for me;)....... but out of interest it's 310 long which seems pretty close to the 312 the say is the length.

Han Solo DL-44 Budget & Scratch Build

I've built a few DL-44's on this same Mauser. Even designed a grill with its measurement so that it fits perfectly. As far as size wise it's pretty close to the same size and a denix, mgc or m712 mauser.

6690aa38278eace23943c4250d1cc143.jpg
34fcabc4cc8c5755bdb564d9d6f1ceab.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Video is public now.....I'm not overly concerned with super accuracy. Once I scratch build some stuff for it and paint her, she'll be good enough for me;)....... but out of interest it's 310 long which seems pretty close to the 312 the say is the length.

Good enough for my needs as well. Thanks.

TazMan2000

I've built a few DL-44's on this same Mauser. Even designed a grill with its measurement so that it fits perfectly. As far as size wise it's pretty close to the same size and a denix, mgc or m712 mauser.

Very nice builds of this $6 toy;).............got a build thread for them?

$6 Han Solo DL-44 Build

Very nice builds of this $6 toy;).............got a build thread for them?

Thanks pal. I actually don't have a build threat. I should have created one but it's actually the same build as a Denix or mgc. So many exist already that I figured it would be repetitive. Only difference is for this HERO build the airsoft grill is to big and the Denix/mgc grill to small. So I have to create one fix this plastic Mauser.

Last edited:
$6 Han Solo DL-44 Build

There are many builds, but I haven't seen one that uses this $6 toy.

Now u have [emoji1303]. The parts that I used cost about 20x the price of this $6 Mauser but they definitely complement it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glued and screwed the whole gun back together, now it's got some weight about it, 500g. Got CnD's template for reference and my wife has a plastic watering can she got for $3 with a spout that looks like a good fit for the flash hider.

IMG_2513.JPGIMG_2514.JPG

Routered some of the plates, screw heads, will rough them up and knurl them

Attachments

• IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 324

Found a bottle that had a better flash hider shape, got some irrigation pipe and tested it, but I might try and find something better. Had a resin M38 spare scope so I cut it down for the scope end which I'll sand down and I used a broom handle for the scope body, which is ironic because the Mauser was called the 'broom handle' ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2521.JPG
    IMG_2521.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 338
  • IMG_2520.JPG
    IMG_2520.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 336
Last edited:

Sanded the resin scope down to the tube, added some putty, will sand some more.....;)

Attachments

• IMG_2524.JPG
    IMG_2524.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2523.JPG
    IMG_2523.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 302

Got the scope down smoother, started scratch building the scope supports.

Attachments

• solo 04.jpg
    solo 04.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 323
Re: Han Solo DL-44 Budget & Scratch Build

Very nice. I pseudo finished a scratch build with the same base but hated how it looked (my skills seem to be far inferior to yours). I broke down and got some 3D printed parts. Looking forward to your finished project.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back