DL18 blaster full conversion kits - research and production thread

This is all becoming confusing here, Rexermus was coming back to the missile/bomb argument, not discussing the RO-72 pistols or actual blasters.

to answer your question as best as I can, I have seen references or at least 4 or 5 different DL18, all with an actual Ro-72 pistol I think. I'm sure those were very readily available at the time, so it's possible they just bought a lot of pistols instead of going through the trouble of casting them. I haven't seen a cast yet, but maybe others have :)

Yeah, I quoted the wrong post on the base pistol model topic. :p

Has anyone seen if there is a bolt through the front sight on the DL-18 props? The regular RO72 configuration where the sight is upright has the upper half of the barrel bored through so the bolt can pass through. When you turn it upside down you can’t fit the bolt unless you bore another hole. From the one picture here showing that area it looks like that hole has either gunk or filler over it. Not sure if there is a bolt under it or if it got filled with something like resin (or gunk over the years).

Has anyone seen if there is a bolt through the front sight on the DL-18 props? The regular RO72 configuration where the sight is upright has the upper half of the barrel bored through so the bolt can pass through. When you turn it upside down you can’t fit the bolt unless you bore another hole. From the one picture here showing that area it looks like that hole has either gunk or filler over it. Not sure if there is a bolt under it or if it got filled with something like resin (or gunk over the years).
Very good question that I wanted to check as well for a while and didn't have the time to!
I ran into the same issue when trying to assemble the parts for a quick test fit.

So, the references from the exhibit either show gunk or more possibly a very flush bolt inside the nut, both possibly rusted. difficult to be sure here.
399904512_10160948593758389_799245259849397655_n.jpg

now, all the private much better references that I was entrusted with for the run show that the nut is present and clean on the left hand side of the sight.
However, there is filler on the side of the bolt head! probably the whole hidding of screws situation often seen in Star Wars.

it is also visible on that reference from the archive blaster that is public and I'm allowed to show:
Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Orig...jpg

so, from what I can see on the several blasters references, it looks like a clean nut on the left hand side, and filler over the bolt head on the right hand side.
and they probably had to file under the barrel to accomodate the bolt like you mention.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back