Revell Master Series Millennium Falcon 1/72 (Fine Molds)

Datfly

I know a lot of people here poo poo the Fine Molds Falcon but I'm going to build it. I missed out on the original Fine Molds release and did not want to pay fleabay prices. I took advantage of the pre-order and bought this for 199.99. Here are a few images. If anyone wants a closer look at any of them just let me know.
I also want to thank everyone for all the fine threads here that will help me through this build.

DSC01108w_zpsfzganj8b.jpg

DSC01114w_zpsi7gguhhd.jpg

DSC01112w_zps8gtrebi6.jpg

Revell Master Series Millennium falcon 1/72 (Fine Molds)
DSC01111w_zpsf3fjnn9a.jpg

DSC01110w_zpsj30eglyv.jpg

DSC01112w_zps8gtrebi6.jpg

DSC01113w_zpsgpkychny.jpg

DSC01109w_zpshecxmiuz.jpg

Wow wow, that's.... Not bad:eek
FM branded or not it's still an FM so still excellent kit. Just enjoy your purchase and build that beauty. :thumbsup

How's the plastic quality? A close up from the uper/lower hull would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Honestly, it really is a magnificent model. The only reason I haven't finished mine are the mandible and hull shape issues.

I'll wait until I'm braver before I tackle those.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Wow wow, that's.... Not bad:eek
FM branded or not it's still an FM so still excellent kit. Just enjoy your purchase and build that beauty. :thumbsup

How's the plastic quality? A close up from the uper/lower hull would be appreciated.

It feels solid and has some weight to each piece.

DSC01120w_zpshjyneemb.jpg

DSC01119w_zpsyknprlyw.jpg

DSC01118w_zpsqi5deoo7.jpg

DSC01117w_zpsl1d7yzsd.jpg

DSC01116w_zpspt5ucnjl.jpg

My pictures are soft. I took a look at the pictures and held the model next o them and realized the that I need to post a better lit picture.
The color is definitely different then the official fine molds model as it is a bone white color so that also makes the details less visible.

Thanks mate. It looks different though, plastic color is lighter. Details looks less sharp.

My pictures are soft. I took a look at the pictures and held the model next o them and realized the that I need to post a better lit picture.
The color is definitely different then the official fine molds model as it is a bone white color so that also makes the details less visible.

That's very good news. So it turns out to be a good resurrection :thumbsup

Glad to see they included the studio model pictures insert

I don't see the paint/sticker guide insert. I guess they put that into the instruction manual

Looks like they got rid of all the individual inner boxes. I guess it saves on packing costs (although you wouldn't know it by the non-discounted MSRP)

No big deal as long as none of the thinner parts aren't broken or off the sprues

I didn't notice in the pictures, but I assume they still included the various figures and the option for glass or non-glass window frames

While the flatter shape and mandible toe in are not accurate, in my opinion they are fairly minor. I really admire the builds where people have been correcting these and I've seen amazing work done on it, but it just didn't bother me enough to want to fix it compared to the amount of work needed. And in the end, most people will never even notice apart from builders on boards like this who are familiar with the comparison shots to the studio models.

Do I wish it was a 100% accurate representation of the studio model? Sure, but even with its inaccuracies, it is a stunning model when finished

I've had it displayed on my desk at work, and I've never once had anyone point out that the mandibles should toe in. Everyone has been amazed by the detail of it
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=250163

Well I started a Revell MF and of course I just couldn't live with the straight up Mandibles so I approached it as a minor surgery and only closed up the jaw boxes by 3/16" and pulled the mandibles together by 3/8". It made it so much easier than the full FM surgeries on the forum. It added just enough "slant" that it looks more screen correct. Also the light tan color plastic makes it a lot easier to see how deep to cut in order to remove the Mandibles from the dish than the FM grey. And for everyone starting this new MF, TonyRR at Shapeways will be offering fan blades inserts for the six exhaust fans within the next couple of weeks. The proto-type design looks awesome.

IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG

There were really only two things about that kit that bugged me. The lack of toe-in and the piping into the maintenance wells. A lot of putty work is needed there to get them smooth

The main thing is the mandibles,....jaw shape,.....& lastly the thickness of the ship,.....she looks like someone sat on her

J

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back