Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC m712 airsoft pistol

Hate to be that guy, but the TFA blaster looks EXACTLY like "Han Solo's Blaster" to 99.999999999% of people in the world. I'm a bit of a prop geek and a super SW nerd (though not a Han ANH blaster expert by any means) and it totally passes muster. If you put it next to the ANH blaster, I'd say "yeah, that's pretty much the same" as opposed to say putting the ROTS sabers next to the ANH sabers, which look like Bizarro world attempts at continuity.

I'm Old Skool as well but it looks more like Han's blaster than what the prop department came up with for ESB and RotJ. It even looks closer than what they came up with for the USA scenes in ANH (GK).

So yeah. Sorry but, I have to agree. As a prop, it's a solid movie prop. It looks like a futuristic, hand held, blaster pistol. It passes Hollywood movie magic muster for me as well. It's just a different blaster. You like the ANH blaster made with what they had available then? Cool. Make that one. I like it too. I also like the look of the new one. Gonna try and replicate it. It'll be my first attempt and a replica not using a pre-made kit, so, that will be fun.

Hate to be that guy, but the TFA blaster looks EXACTLY like "Han Solo's Blaster" to 99.999999999% of people in the world.

Hell, If you polled the earth's population of every one who saw at least two of the Star Wars OT movies, probably 99% would assume that his blaster was the same used throughout the saga. And if you continued on to explain further, 90% would reply, "You need to go before I call the police."

I like this prop. I like that it is different, but utilizes the key elements of the A New Hope hero because I feel from all the Han's blaster, it is the most iconic... at least to me.

sw_prop_24-1024x768.jpg

not sure if these images help much but I found these in the new TV spot that aired today.
View attachment 556571View attachment 556572View attachment 556573

I know that screen grabs is not the best way to determine colors, but does anyone else think the muzzle is painted black as opposed to the original or displayed pieces that had a dark metallic luster? Is this another instant of multiple props or just resolution? Probably the latter.

Last edited:

Sure, in general it looks the same. But it´s that close but not close enough that makes it uninteresting. I have already the OT one, and this one isn´t different enough to looks interesting.

Not the biggest fan of the GK myself, it´s ugly. But it is different enough to want to have one, cause it does NOT look really close to the Hero (what makes it interesting as a standalone, i never thought of it when watching ANH). The new one is not fish nor flesh.

The ESB and ROTJ are also not looking like the Hero, they are different enough, as if Han had modified his blaster or got another one - something i had wished for the new movie, too.

I like that Wired picture a lot more than the Launch Bay ones. I'm all for paint chips, grease, discoloration, but I never really like heavy use of rust for weathering. Feels more like a neglected object than the well-worn and used impression I get from the other styles.

I like that Wired picture a lot more than the Launch Bay ones. I'm all for paint chips, grease, discoloration, but I never really like heavy use of rust for weathering. Feels more like a neglected object than the well-worn and used impression I get from the other styles.

Amen. My 1/1 Boba will have a battle weathered look but no rust. The original finish on the Boba ROTJ balster looks like neglect, not battle damage. Same with my Obi IV saber. It will have battle wear, no rust.

Tom

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is not a c96

Have we determined with certainty which version of the HFC was used? Has anyone personally seen a blowback version of the HFC?

I'm starting to wonder if the listings that describe a blowback HFC are incorrect. I can't find any youtube videos showing the blowback action, and when I bought what I thought was a GBB version, it turned out to be disappointingly not (though in hindsight the Amazon listing was very vague).

I've just received clarification from the sellers listing the HFC Mauser as blowback that their listings were in error. So, full confirmation: no gas blowback HFC Mausers exist. There's only the double action gas powered version.

I liked those models too.

Also, I have been unable to find a blowback model HFC.

The non-blowback guns are great though. Very sturdy.

Also dig the blasters using the 1896 Bergmann grip and mag housing, and one other that uses just the mag housing.

Last edited:

I'm not sure if the Wired blaster is from a HFC. Judging by the grips, the pin in the hammer, the square, rather than rectangular, protrusion of the lock mechanism frame, and the little step down on the bolt, I'm going to say that this is a Maurshin replica

Dan

Last edited:
Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

There's also no notch in the side of that short mag on this one either...

Mosy of the Marushins I'm finding are abs plastic...

Last edited:
Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

I noticed the heavy handed dry brushing on some of those rifles. I hope they're just background or holstered things. Or maybe it's muddy clay smears?

The Ren saber looks like a nice object, with the finish on it. Han's gun is definitely better here, this is probably the hero

A lot of those blasters looks like painted toy guns, not great. But we won't see them up close I'm 100% sure

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back