Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC m712 airsoft pistol

You ever think, story wise, it's been 30 years. Changes, modifications, fixes, and flat out replacements may have happened. It makes way more sense for the everyday use gun of Han Solo to have undergone updates and changes in 30 years than it did for Anakin's Lightsaber to have undergone changes sitting in ObiWan's junk drawer for, what is it, 19 years. An exact replica of his old dl-44 is actually a bad idea, story wise.

The only thing I disagree with that is: Why is it so rusty then? If it's a new model of a DL-44 it shouldn't be. If it's being passed off as his original DL-44, the rust is definitely there to help "sell it". But then the soldier/gun guy in me thinks that Han would've taken better care of it than that....but that's a different discussion :p.

I can see how Han's blaster in ESB and ROTJ was supposed to be the same as the one he used in ANH - only with a different scope. (because the resin stunt blasters were casts of the ANH gun, with flash hider)
But why go back to using a bigger bulkier scope 30 years later? Isn't the small one supposed to be just as accurate, just smaller?

The only thing I disagree with that is: Why is it so rusty then? If it's a new model of a DL-44 it shouldn't be. If it's being passed off as his original DL-44, the rust is definitely there to help "sell it". But then the soldier/gun guy in me thinks that Han would've taken better care of it than that....but that's a different discussion :p.

It's been, what 32 years since ROTJ? The "new" DL-44 could be 20 years old....

- - - Updated - - -

I can see how Han's blaster in ESB and ROTJ was supposed to be the same as the one he used in ANH - only with a different scope. (because the resin stunt blasters were casts of the ANH gun, with flash hider)
But why go back to using a bigger bulkier scope 30 years later? Isn't the small one supposed to be just as accurate, just smaller?

I actually prefer the look of the M19/32 scope. But there could be any number of reason to use the older style scope. Simple availability being one. Preference being another.

Yeah the ESB blaster's small scope is way better. Bummed that they went with a more ANH style.

Is there anything to suggest or confirm that the rusty looking blaster is actually a screen used piece? I don't know one way or the other just that looking at any screen shots or publicity photos I don't see the prop looking quite the same.

Is there anything to suggest or confirm that the rusty looking blaster is actually a screen used piece? I don't know one way or the other just that looking at any screen shots or publicity photos I don't see the prop looking quite the same.

I have also wondered the same thing or some other reason why the rust look is not visible in previous photos.

i think we are going to learn that this is a stunt blaster or something, the blasters in the promo photos doesnt seem to be that rusty? or is it me? i too wondered why it was so rusty and went back to photos and cant really determine if it is on screen.. look at the "chewie were home" scene looks black to me

- - - Updated - - -

i agree with you, prop looks black to me in the trailers and commercial spots we've seen

i think we are going to learn that this is a stunt blaster or something, the blasters in the promo photos doesnt seem to be that rusty? or is it me? i too wondered why it was so rusty and went back to photos and cant really determine if it is on screen.. look at the "chewie were home" scene looks black to me

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you, prop looks black to me in the trailers and commercial spots we've seen

From remarks from Ford about Han and what he has been doing the last 30 years, I get the feeling he has not had the need to carry a blaster. So I wonder if he retired the blaster only to have to pull it out of retirement in TFA. So maybe the rusty looking blaster is how it might appear when we first see it and then Han cleans it up. Pure speculation on my part.

I have also wondered the same thing or some other reason why the rust look is not visible in previous photos.

Display props have been displayed by Disney at the parks and film events. The POTC sequels most notably had a mass of props made for the sole purpose of display. Irony is however some of those display props made it into the films after being used as displays. If there are multiple displays at multiple parks and theaters, its a safe bet a batch or two of display props was made. Keep in mind there are multiple SW films being created as we speak. The hero props would need be used for their intended purpose and not sitting on display.

Just look at the Rey costume.
There have been at least 4 different ones on display. (C7, D23, Paris, Disneyland)
Each one is different in some way.
The one at Disneyland has resin boots.:confused

Just look at the Rey costume.
There have been at least 4 different ones on display. (C7, D23, Paris, Disneyland)
Each one is different in some way.
The one at Disneyland has resin boots.:confused

They could all be the same costume. After all, Santa Claus in in thousands of malls and street corners around the world at the same time and he is always the real one.

Nope.
Each one has different details, rips, textures, coloring's, etc.

They could all be the same costume. After all, Santa Claus in in thousands of malls and street corners around the world at the same time and he is always the real one.

Magic.
shia-labeouf-magic-gif.gif

He is right, I saw a santa and he wasn't even the correct shade of red, and his boot buckles where machined stamped instead of lost wax cast brass. I think his belt was in metric sizing, but in the mall it looked 3 inches exactly, but I have no pic. There is more than one Santa.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back