What's Your Favorite Movie Sword

Narsil, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Sting too (NOT LITERALLY.)

Also been looking for a replica of the League of Shadows ninja sword from Batman Begins, but only because I'm in love with anything about that movie.

And do lightsabers count?

well he did say MOVIE sword......
so the Highlander 1 katana....... its pretty much what got me into the world of swords anyway...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sporak @ Mar 28 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]1450130[/snapback]</div>
Navarre's sword from Ladyhawke.
Excalibur
Peter Pan's sword from Hook.
[/b]

Nice selection -- especially the one from Ladyhawke.

Mine are the Hessian's sword from Sleepy Hollow and Wallace's from Braveheart.

1. Atlantean Sword from Conan the Barbarian
2. Highlander Sword of Duncan McCloud
3. Sword of the Witchking from LOTR
4. Sword of the Day Walker from Blade
5. The Bride's Sword from Kill Bill Vol I.

I think that would make any collection complete. :love

Movado

1. Father's sword from Conan. That started it for me.
2. Atlantean sword, Ramirez Dragonhead Katana, Sword of The Kurgan, Excalibur, Braveheart "Claymore", Beastmaster sword, Toledo Salamanca, MacLeod broadsword, Duncan's first season Musashi, Ibn's 13th Warrior Viking "scimitar", Banderas' Zorro "sword", Hauers Zweihander from Flesh & Blood (does someone here have a good pic of this one?), LOTR Anduril, Hessian sword, etc. etc.

Tom

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vadermania @ Mar 29 2007, 12:08 AM) [snapback]1450721[/snapback]</div>
Tom
[/b]
Found out a few months ago that my friend MADE that sword :confused
He still has the wax sculpt used to made the mold. Awesome sword.

Finally someone mentioned William Wallace's sword...both from the movie and the actual sword. The latter of which is difficult to find replicas by the way. My other is Maximus' broad sword from the first battle in Gladiator.

Shawn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jumpin Jax @ Mar 29 2007, 03:47 AM) [snapback]1450729[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vadermania @ Mar 29 2007, 12:08 AM) [snapback]1450721[/snapback]
Tom
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
So your friend is Jody Samson?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Uber Fett @ Mar 29 2007, 03:58 AM) [snapback]1450745[/snapback]</div>
Finally someone mentioned William Wallace's sword...both from the movie and the actual sword. The latter of which is difficult to find replicas by the way. My other is Maximus' broad sword from the first battle in Gladiator.

Shawn
[/b]

Are you talking about the "historical" Wallace sword which is on display at Stirling monument?

Tom

Gotta be the Gladiator Cavalry sword, asthetically pleasing even when hacking your arm off. :thumbsup

If we can move into the TV genre - the 1796 British Heavy Cavalry sabre as used by Richard Sharpe.

I managed to find a modern replica, wow is it heavy. A good slap with that would ruin your whole day. :cry

Dalroi

Last edited by a moderator:
First - Highlander Masamune sword (from the film, not the series)
Second - Conan's father's sword
Third - Kurgan's sword.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nexus6 @ Mar 29 2007, 06:00 AM) [snapback]1450836[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jumpin Jax @ Mar 29 2007, 03:47 AM) [snapback]1450729[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vadermania @ Mar 29 2007, 12:08 AM) [snapback]1450721[/snapback]
Tom
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
Nope.
Mish made the Father's, no others.

Even though these choices are by no means unique, gotta throw my votes in for:

1. Ramirez's Masamune katana from Highlander
2. Conan's Atlantean sword

I'm somewhat surprised I don't yet have replicas of either, to be honest- given they are my absolute favorites.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jumpin Jax @ Mar 29 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1451211[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nexus6 @ Mar 29 2007, 06:00 AM) [snapback]1450836[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jumpin Jax @ Mar 29 2007, 03:47 AM) [snapback]1450729[/snapback]
Tom
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
Nope.
Mish made the Father's, no others.
[/b][/quote]
Hmm, can you elaborate on this?

Cinefantastique Vol. 12, No. 2-3, states that the FatherÂ’s (or MasterÂ’s) sword was first designed on paper by Ron Cobb. Then the hilt/handle/pommel for the prototype was sculpted by Tim Huchthausen in clay & wax, & later cast in bronze. Then the blade was made by Jody Samson.

Filmswords.com attributes the entire "original Father's sword" to Ron Cobb & Jody Samson, & the FIRST photo in the gallery on Samson's website features this piece. Samson's bio repeats this claim in the first paragraph (stating that Huchthausen worked on the Atlantean only).

If all this is wrong, then someone has some 'splainin' to do...

My Fav-

Flashsword.jpg

Brotherhood of the Wolf sword is awesome too. I own that too....but it lives in a box until I build a case for it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back