What are your favorite fictional guns based on real ones?

Here's an obscure one that's always been a favourite of mine. This is Alita/Gally's 'Tuned' pistol from the 'Battle Angel Alita' manga (not the movie). From the look of it, I think the writer/artist Yukito Kishiro must have been inspired by a few different real-world weapons, which is why it looks so functional. To me it seems to take at least some of its design cues from a Calico M960 and the Hämmerli 280, with an FN P90 magazine. It looks great in the manga, but as a real-world weapon I think it's very convincing! And it's a beast, too! :D

View attachment 1707061
View attachment 1707052 View attachment 1707053 View attachment 1707054 View attachment 1707055 View attachment 1707056 View attachment 1707057 View attachment 1707058 View attachment 1707059 View attachment 1707060
That’s badass! I might just have to make a replica just for the heck of it!

Is the Morita a Ruger Mini-14 under that shell? I can't remember.

That's definitely a cool one.

I also like the "Muzzlelite" bullpup shells that go over the Mini-14, that they used in Total Recall and Terminator.

I have one that fits on a 10/22. It's neat and very 80's.

You know what? Looking again at the Morita, it actually looks like an altered Muzzlelite!
It was. They modified one and then moulded it and took casts. I used to have one.

That’s badass! I might just have to make a replica just for the heck of it!
These are the STL files I used when I made mine. Mine's printed in solid resin on an Elegoo Mars. I had to slice the bigger parts into sections so it would fit inside the printer volume. I also took the magazine into meshmixer to isolate one of the shells and export it for separate printing. Painted with matt black rattle can and Alclad II 'gunmetal'. Weathered with silver rub'n'buff. Shells are Alclad II 'polished brass' and 'copper'. I also inset a red cabochon in the 'sight' (or whatever it is).

gunnm alita battle angel pistol (manga fan art)

The "I Come In Peace" gun and the Terminator Endo-Rifle both based on the Calico 950 9mm. I used to own the real deal.

Attachments

• 600px-ICIP_31.jpg
    600px-ICIP_31.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 85
  • ICiPcap_00016.jpg
    ICiPcap_00016.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 400px-Terminator1001.jpg
    400px-Terminator1001.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 75
  • zombie1.jpg
    zombie1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 76
I like the U.N.C.L.E. Specials, both the Walther and Mauser versions. The various dressed up pistols in "The Adventures of Pluto Nash".

David.

I like the U.N.C.L.E. Specials, both the Walther and Mauser versions. The various dressed up pistols in "The Adventures of Pluto Nash".

David.

David.

David.

Several of my favs have already been mentioned so I'll go with a few from two of my favourite shows, Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica. First up is the PPG Rifle/Carbine. I'm reasonably sure that the bulk of the weapon is based off of the Ruger Mini 14 Series 182. Here are a few images to look over,
View attachment 1707007
View attachment 1707008
View attachment 1707037

The later version used was also based on the same Mini 14,
View attachment 1707039

Another one on the show which was only seen briefly in two episodes. It was based off of the Muzzlelite 1022.
View attachment 1707041

One last one was again only on screen for a couple of seconds, it is pretty easy to see it a MP5,
View attachment 1707042

Now for Battlestar Galactica, with the exception of the Season 1 sidearm which was a S&W 686 beneath a frame. All the other weapons were pretty much left alone except for some bits and bobs added on like for the FN 57 which has a grenade launcher added beneath the barrel at the business end.
View attachment 1707044

The longarm seen the most is the Beretta CX4 carbine. There were Picatinny rails added as well as a custom flash suppresor,
View attachment 1707047
I own a Beretta Cx4 in .40. There is a Beretta kit with top and side rails that comes with the gun. I dont think that was added for BSG.

Not particularly scifi looking, but I love the Beretta 9000s used by Tom Cruises character, John Anderton, in Minority Report:
1686258585286.png

Something about the shape and curviness that looks futuristic.

Also the prop guns from Zeiram and Zeiram 2:
1686258698775.png

Based on Ancient Revolvers of unknown origin? Or at least an Airsoft take...

I own a Beretta Cx4 in .40. There is a Beretta kit with top and side rails that comes with the gun. I dont think that was added for BSG.
Most of the ones I've seen online were the base model with the clean body and longer barrel. I have seen some with the rails but thought they were optional add ons.

Most of the ones I've seen online were the base model with the clean body and longer barrel. I have seen some with the rails but thought they were optional add ons.
You know I think you're right. I went back through email and it listed the rail kit as separate on the bill of sale. Guess I'd forgotten that. Idk if any BSG prop SMEs know. I know you can get a screen accurate barrel shroud, but I never have...Despite the affection I feel for the show.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back