amazon vs disney

rodneyfaile

Sr Member
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33347/amazon-blocking-captain-america-pre-orders

http://online.wsj.com/articles/amazon-halts-some-disney-movie-preorders-1407654416

A feud has begun between Amazon and Disney. Amazon is reportedly blocking DVD and Blu-ray pre-order sales on various upcoming Disney films including "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "Maleficent," "Muppets Most Wanted" and "Million Dollar Arm".
Preorders for physical versions are unavailable, but customers can still buy digital versions in advance. That said, revenue from disc sales remains important to a studio's bottom line so this dispute will need to be resolved soon.

I think Amazon is only hurting themselves. I'll just go to Best Buy and get the steelbook.

Yeah. My buying on Amazon has decreased radically since they started charging tax. I'll either buy from a private seller or locally at a brick-and-mortar store. If I'm going to pay sales tax, I may as well support local business (even if it's a chain, it's local jobs!)

I find it ironic that Amazon is supposedly telling Hatchette that ebooks need to be cheaper because the cost is less without printing/binding/shipping, yet Amazon's digital downloads cost more than a physical disc.

Ebooks costing as much as the physical ones is just stupid. To be honest the only thing i preorder on amazon is games and even then it's only when they have goodies thrown in. Amazon's getting notorious for not getting stuff in stock on time, i've had items at walmart and barnes and noble while amazon is still waiting. Their customer service is starting to suck too, which is a shame as they were my main shopping venue.

Kinda figured Amazon got into it with Disney when they weren't carrying the TWS disc pre-order all throughout summer. Took them a few months to resolve their dispute with WB, this may be a while. I'll probably end up buying TWS from Best Buy instead.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back