various prodjects im stuck on

Ozzlander

So im not fully new to being an maker its been a long time hobby but I am trying to branch out from my simple props and model making (mostly 1/72 scale zoids) in to some bigger projects and/or more advanced approaches to things but I am hitting some road blocks that i could use help with. Any help is much appreciated.
Project list
Custom Steel Shield - In high school i made a shield from an old sign with my coat of arms on it for class it was lost in storage but i found it and want to rebuild it but i found some issues. The steel has rusted, the non rusted areas are coated in a ceramic paint that i can't seem to sand off with the power sander and the original belts i used for the arm attachments have rotted.

• How can i remove ceramic paint with out sand blasting?
  • What is the best thing to use for and best way to mount the arm attachments

Recreation of the Blitz team Jeep and Bit Cloud's Truck - In the zoids anime the protagonist team has a white jeep and one member Bit has a truck i want to make them in 1/72 scale to go with my massive zoids collection but i cannot find any good 1/72 scale vehicles to use i bought some old Roco miniatures at a train show but there are a bit to small at 1/84 scale. So im looking for a good maker for 1/72 scale vehicles and maybe some ideas where to start with the truck (i have no idea what it is)

3D Printer and Scanner, Casting or Vacuum Forming - I make tons of custom parts for my 1/72 models and id love to be able to reproduce them since some times the originals are not the strongest things. I have tried casting the parts with reusable soft resin bricks i got on ebay that you heat in water press the part in to the use the mold made with c a-b resin putty but it doens't work well for round stuff or give good detail and the mold is destroyed if you want to make another different part. So now im trying to find a better way to make copies of my parts i want to be able to have a set to use and maybe make more to give to friends for thier kits and the ability to reproduce more if needed. I was thinking of getting a makerbot mini and the 3d scanner so i could print the parts out but i don't know how ell it would work on small stuff or is there a better casting process i can use to replicate the parts for the kits. I was also debating on vac-um forming them parts but as they are parts that need to have all sides different i don't think it will work
Thank you for reading all of this i just love building stuff could use you help.

Can't help any with the ceramic. I know it's tough stuff, sand blasting may be the only way.

I don't know about 1/72 vehicles either. There are tanks in that scale so there may be other military vehicles too.

For casting, silicone molds and polyurethane resin is the way to go. Lots of how to videos on Youtube, just search molding and casting.

Can't help any with the ceramic. I know it's tough stuff, sand blasting may be the only way.

I don't know about 1/72 vehicles either. There are tanks in that scale so there may be other military vehicles too.

For casting, silicone molds and polyurethane resin is the way to go. Lots of how to videos on Youtube, just search molding and casting.

thank you ill have to look in tho polyurethane casting

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back