ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

is anything developing on shipping to Australia? can't describe how disappointed I was to get half way through ordering the OT Stormie armour and then get stonewalled.

also are there any plans to do the early adopter low price tier for the TFA stormie? because I'd be all over that (providing Oz shipping is available by then of course...)

It was rumored you guys were attempting to make the pack functional, is that still on the table? I've had my ideas about making that work while not compromising accuracy

Oh yeah, big time. We are just costing out the feasibility of for costing purposes.

Curious about the post treatment. Everything I've put on the fabric has matted it down and ruined the texture and deapth. Can you give any hints about it? Is it a substance you are able to spray/roll on, a substance you are washing in, or are you pressing it in like a screen print? I'm assuming it keeps the fabric flexible so it'll move just like the vids we've seen?

I can't give any hints, sorry. Contracts are very strict about the information contained being legally owned assets of Disney.

is anything developing on shipping to Australia? can't describe how disappointed I was to get half way through ordering the OT Stormie armour and then get stonewalled.

also are there any plans to do the early adopter low price tier for the TFA stormie? because I'd be all over that (providing Oz shipping is available by then of course...)

Working on the Australian issue and will hopefully have resolution for that very soon.

Huge thanks to GotMaul for the awesome communication. Always get real excited anytime there's more info, even if its for something I haven't bought. Can't wait to get more updates on the TK armor and really looking forward to some of the future items.

I sent an email through the website but haven't heard back yet, so I'll ask my questions here. Is there going to be a kit (un assembled) helmet option with the ANH stormie? Also, will bubble lenses be offered? Thank you, looking forward to my armor.

I sent an email through the website but haven't heard back yet, so I'll ask my questions here. Is there going to be a kit (un assembled) helmet option with the ANH stormie? Also, will bubble lenses be offered? Thank you, looking forward to my armor.

I think they will offer it. They are already offering the helmet in kit form, so maybe if you send an email, they change your order. In fact, I think I GotMaul said they were looking into it at the request of people here!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the update, Got Maul. I realize that you're often times stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to juggle customer service, convention appearances, product development and delays, finances, etc, but I sincerely appreciate your efforts in logging back on and tackling our questions head-on. It gives some peace of mind on the situation, IMO.

You guys may have some delays in things, but cripes... At least you are actively communicating with people and being as transparent as possible. That's very stand-up and holds good integrity in my book. If only another company with much fewer letters in its name could do the same....

And what's with this building up more staff to help meet supply and demand of the consumers? That's ridiculous talk! ;)

Yup ! You can actually buy the helmet kit now. If I were you though, I would wait until we offer the Sand trooper which is in a few weeks. Same kit, but we will knock pricing down again to celebrate the Sand Trooper sale.

No worries and thank you! Oh, Disney, you little scamp!

Disney pays the bills, so you can't be too mad ! lol

Huge thanks to GotMaul for the awesome communication. Always get real excited anytime there's more info, even if its for something I haven't bought. Can't wait to get more updates on the TK armor and really looking forward to some of the future items.

Thanks for the acknowledgement. Just trying to do the best we can for our important investors of a great and many good things !

Kylo Ren costume in development?? Man I need to sell some kidneys on the black market.

Does Anovos plan on making any weapon replicas?

No prop replicas at this point. We are going to break Kylo up into pieces, so it will be affordable in that respect !

Thank you so much for the update, Got Maul. I realize that you're often times stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to juggle customer service, convention appearances, product development and delays, finances, etc, but I sincerely appreciate your efforts in logging back on and tackling our questions head-on. It gives some peace of mind on the situation, IMO.

At the end of things, customers are the most important thing to a company. You all are the blood to our vital organs. Lose sight of the fact, you might as well lose your company.

You guys may have some delays in things, but cripes... At least you are actively communicating with people and being as transparent as possible. That's very stand-up and holds good integrity in my book. If only another company with much fewer letters in its name could do the same....

And what's with this building up more staff to help meet supply and demand of the consumers? That's ridiculous talk! ;)

Building staff is always a catch 22. It means downtime in having to train, but it is inevitable and hopefully not slow everything else up in the process.

Everyone, I am really proud to say that as a company, we've listened to you and we've enabled some hard changes in our communications policy that will bring, at minimum, monthly updates to you on all products. We have taken a very journalistic approach and assigned particular individuals to get the "stories" or updates for you from our manufacturing team. They are tasked with finding out the stories on delays and report that which is moving full steam for the their particular product lines. Consequently, they are also the same individuals who run our social media marketing program, so the message will always be consistent from all fronts.

I cannot be prouder of the self initiation this action team has taken upon itself. After hearing your challenging stories they came up with this solution for communication and more importantly, acted upon it as urgently as I would have. Our goal is simple : Reduce the number of customer calls and hold ourselves accountable on a near daily basis. I have already started seeing the stories being had, you should be seeing some real updates very soon.

^Great news!! Happy to hear about that...I think once the first product hits everything will just start rolling. I think a lot of ppl's concerns are the fact there hasn't been one Star Wars item that has been completed and shipped yet there's a ton of preorders. I know I have quite a bit of dough tied up so that's why updates would be nice.

Thanks GM, and here's looking forward to the Han belt and Luke Bespin coming soon!

When you start selling Luke Skywalker EP7 Jedi costumes, us RPF guys would sure would love a little discount....

I've got a local con in October...... if you wanted to send over an early production costume for me to wear for some free Anovos advertising....

thanks Got Maul,
I am aware that much time takes all the manufacturing process, for me no problem, wait for my stormtrooper armor as they have very good communication, by the way if you want a change for skulltrooper helmet just send me a PM, XD just kidding

I'm really happy to hear about the regular updates! I'm excited about my Shadow Trooper and I know it won't be out for quite some time, but it IS a little scary to pre-order something and then hear radio silence for months on end. Now, I do that with statue producers like Sideshow regularly, so I'm a little more used to it than some, and I understand production delays. I've pre-ordered statues a year and a half in advance, I've had statues delayed 6 months, it's just what goes into producing quality work.

So I COMPLETELY understand the woes Anovos must be facing, but offering regular updates/communication really goes above and beyond. It's proof you guys give a darn about your customers. :)

Ps. Though, if my credit card expires before my order ships, will I have a chance to update my payment info or am I out of luck?

Last edited:
Everyone, I am really proud to say that as a company, we've listened to you and we've enabled some hard changes in our communications policy that will bring, at minimum, monthly updates to you on all products..

I hope you don't mind, But I posted your full post (with link) on the
Anovos Stormtrooper Kit Building Group on Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope to hear how Snowtrooper development is coming along with this new communication policy. I won't mince words but while getting a response here on RPF from Got Maul is nice, its another thing to actually have a clue as to what is going on with a product you've paid in full up front for. The fact that I've heard little to nothing has made me apprehensive at buying other offerings, despite how tempted I was to buy a Shadow Trooper. Perhaps these updates will loosen the wallet back up for ANOVOS'.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back