ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

The nice thing about Sandy, classic TK, and Shadow is that they all use the same molds and are just variants of each of other.
I take this to mean they're the Special Edition Sandtroopers, rather than the original ANH version? The latter had different ab plate details (or rather lack of) and a different left knee plate. And no plastic shoulder straps, but that's minor.

No worries either way. Just clarifying. :D

--Jonah

Can you please explain the "standard line" label on standalone helmets like the TIE and ATAT?

That's a great question. With some product, there is a value in using original materials vs a substitute. In Trek for instance, there is a vast difference between substitute polyester vs say, wool. In the case where we make one product, such as these helmets, technically these terms don't apply because there is only one product...but because we are creatures of habit, we tend to use the term "standard" anyway.

Flametrooper! Flametrooper! Anything!
Uh----DUH !!! Working on it !

As for the pic of the gunbelts, let me see what I can do. I typically shy away from showing pics of the final product for fear of ruining the unboxing experience for others.

Okay, I really don't want this to come across the wrong way, and I might be making more out of that than perhaps you intended, but I kinda have to say, in what's been really very good communication so far, that may be the first thing you've said that's made me in any way at all nervous about my purchases.

Whatever pleasure you're looking to preserve for customers, purely as an observation from the consumer side of the exchange, the optics of insisting on ONLY showing prototypes when you are saying that the production pieces are ready, done, and being packed, aren't really the best. For example, if I'm looking at a purchase from a company that has announed a whole bunch of products, but hasn't actually shipped anything (for whatever absolutely legitimate reasons they have provided), whatever they are, I would be a little dubious about then seeing explanations for why you don't want to show anyone pictures of actual production pieces. It might make me wonder 1) These delayed pieces that are totally ready to ship now, do they actually exist? and 2) If they do, is there somethiing about those finished pieces that you don't want people to see before they've already paid for them on good faith, and the things show up at their doors? For example, even just looking at the high-end SW collectible companies in the past, we've seen production pieces...differ let's say, significantly from prototypes that looked just awesome. Again, please don't take this the wrong way, Gotmaul, it's just looking at it purely from the consumer POV, unboxing will always be exciting, I'd just urge you to maybe reconsider a bit.

hmmm... I wonder what belt Han is using in TFA? ANH gun... Could be TFA Spoilers on the finished product? 4 movie compatibility? :rolleyes

Based on what I've seen from Anovos, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that for us...

That would be the vader helmets. As for the pic of the gunbelts, let me see what I can do. I typically shy away from showing pics of the final product for fear of ruining the unboxing experience for others.

I have to agree with the above and as I feel many here will say which is this is not a good idea.

I love Anvos so far, awesome dedication, unlike EFX who I was a huge supporter of and now have given up on, you guys have done incredible work and communications. Communications have been outstanding in fact.

This leaves my big problem with Anvos and why I have been concerned at constantly being asked to order stuff based on prototypes. I can't say I have ever heard of the idea of someone not seeing the final product until it arrives at their door. I have not only never heard of it but would say its,....I'm sorry,...I love you guys so far but that is just a terrible idea.

I would never order something like a full Vader unless I see the final product.

I read all your comments about Tier pricing, advantages and disadvantages, etc but not showing a final product???????????

The Stormy was a dirt cheap kit so no problem. But there is nothing on your website I would consider ordering in the regular price range without seeing the final product.

I don't think I am alone.

Again,...Love ya, gonna get me a Sandy Stormy but people need to see the final product.

Gonna get me a lot of other Anvos stuff as well but,......Need to see the final product.

hmmm... I wonder what belt Han is using in TFA? ANH gun... Could be TFA Spoilers on the finished product? 4 movie compatibility? :rolleyes

Based on what I've seen from Anovos, I wouldn't be surprised if they did that for us...

Well, let's see. Buckles worn normally for ANH, then worn backwards for ESB, then backwards again for RotJ...I think that leaves the buckles worn either sideways or as a particualrly uncomfortable thong for TFA, doesn't it?:D

Well, let's see. Buckles worn normally for ANH, then worn backwards for ESB, then backwards again for RotJ...I think that leaves the buckles worn either sideways or as a particualrly uncomfortable thong for TFA, doesn't it?:D

Classic! :lol

I was thinking more in terms of greeblies... but the more I think about it, the more i find the thong idea appealing... :thumbsup

Hey GotMaul, any news about that newsletter for the TK armor? I hope it's a good one! :)

TK newslette came out today. Mostly comments about making some final tweaks, a few that sound good, a few that sound...maybe not so good. The "arming suit" being changed to "a lycra shirt and pants with no attachment points for the armor after all, because it's cheaper" is a little dissapointing after Anovos talking about it being designed like a real armor undersuit. The explanation that it wouldn't be as breathable is a little weird when you stop and remember we're talking about a few strips of velcro here. I admit to, having read this letter, also still being confused about the explanation for the change in plastics being used. When the custom PVC was announced, it sounded like it was because it was an ideal material, lovingly custom made for all your TK'ing needs. The newsletter makes it sound more like it was chosen because they couldn't find an economical ABS material, but now they have, so THIS is what was intended all along. Really, really doesn't ultimately matter to me as long as it's shiny, white, durable enough to wear, and vac-forms detail well, but I just don't get the back and forth on this aspect. Whatever. Lastly, the neck seal material has been changed to something which, no my eye anyways, doesn't look quite as SA as the shiny material they were using before. For as much as you actually see it, I'm not sure that it will matter though.

TK newslette came out today. Mostly comments about making some final tweaks, a few that sound good, a few that sound...maybe not so good. The "arming suit" being changed to "a lycra shirt and pants with no attachment points for the armor after all, because it's cheaper" is a little dissapointing after Anovos talking about it being designed like a real armor undersuit. The explanation that it wouldn't be as breathable is a little weird when you stop and remember we're talking about a few strips of velcro here. I admit to, having read this letter, also still being confused about the explanation for the change in plastics being used. When the custom PVC was announced, it sounded like it was because it was an ideal material, lovingly custom made for all your TK'ing needs. The newsletter makes it sound more like it was chosen because they couldn't find an economical ABS material, but now they have, so THIS is what was intended all along. Really, really doesn't ultimately matter to me as long as it's shiny, white, durable enough to wear, and vac-forms detail well, but I just don't get the back and forth on this aspect. Whatever. Lastly, the neck seal material has been changed to something which, no my eye anyways, doesn't look quite as SA as the shiny material they were using before. For as much as you actually see it, I'm not sure that it will matter though.
I agree with you about the back and forth but let's be honest about the arming suit, most kit builders will be using snaps or bracket so it's a moot point...

Also, about the neckseal, judging by the pictures, it looks like it holds it's shape much better the previous one. It looks on par with fan made neckseals which is good I guess!

I got an email from ANOVOS yesterday that was titled "Improved ANOVOS Updates Coming Soon!" It didn't say anything Stormtrooperie or anything, but I didn't order anything Stormtrooperie either. It was about their price structures & how they are working hard at betting their communications with their customers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back