ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

tell me about it, i purchased all of their vader items for black friday using their 15% off code, and a week later all the vader stuff is 30% on a daily basis , reached out to them to see if they could make an adjustment, NO GO, only offered a 15% off coupon, so i canceled all of my other pre-ordered items. Just got into this hobby too, spent about $3000 with them on my first order and they just kept refusing, oh well.

I bought Luke Bespin in tier one, which was a great price but I bought it again today with the awesome discount. It is actually cheaper than the tier one price was. Now I'll have a medium and a large. I fluctuate...

I bought Luke Bespin in tier one, which was a great price but I bought it again today with the awesome discount. It is actually cheaper than the tier one price was. Now I'll have a medium and a large. I fluctuate...

How is the sizing? I ordered a Large top and Medium bottom. 43" chest and 34" waist, seemed like the best bet.

thats definitely one way to approach it lol, if those were my circumstances, i wouldnt even mind if i bought it and 30 + days later it was sold at a discounted price, but literally 15% to 30% in a week, and the only form of compensate is to give a code TO SPEND MORE money with them, when i have no motivation to do so, leaves a bad taste in my mouth, i cant believe a company that has a better sale the week after black friday than they do on black friday lol

thats definitely one way to approach it lol, if those were my circumstances, i wouldnt even mind if i bought it and 30 + days later it was sold at a discounted price, but literally 15% to 30% in a week, and the only form of compensate is to give a code TO SPEND MORE money with them, when i have no motivation to do so, leaves a bad taste in my mouth, i cant believe a company that has a better sale the week after black friday than they do on black friday lol

Yea that would be frustrating. Sorry to hear that.

How is the sizing? I ordered a Large top and Medium bottom. 43" chest and 34" waist, seemed like the best bet.

I think that was wise. I'm 6 feet tall and broad shouldered. I go from fit, having a 32 waist, to fat having a 34 waist. I tried on the medium Luke Bespin outfit this morning (before ordering the large) and I'm confident that when I'm around 180 the pants will fit fine but I'm not so sure about the medium jacket. I'm currently a large, at 215 lbs.

I will say that I bought the medium Han gun belt and ordered the medium Luke gun belt. The medium Han gun belt fits fine and should at either side of my fluctuation.

I think that was wise. I'm 6 feet tall and broad shouldered. I go from fit, having a 32 waist, to fat having a 34 waist. I tried on the medium Luke Bespin outfit this morning (before ordering the large) and I'm confident that when I'm around 180 the pants will fit fine but I'm not so sure about the medium jacket. I'm currently a large, at 215 lbs.

I will say that I bought the medium Han gun belt and ordered the medium Luke gun belt. The medium Han gun belt fits fine and should at either side of my fluctuation.

Yea my problem is usually my shoulders when trying something on. Medium is always too tight. I'm only 5'8" but at 190lbs it's hard to find proper sizing sometimes due to my shortness lol

Oh yea I need to order the Luke rig as well. I was going to go with Medium. I'd rather have more room than not enough. I wonder what the chances are that it ships by Celebration next year.

I didn't think Anovos ever put the Skywalker Bespin holster up for sale. They teased an upcoming pre-order, but last I asked they said it had been pushed back.

Sean

It was actually recently up there. I held off pre ordering. It was on the bottom of the page if you clicked on the Luke Bespin costume.

My Darth Vader inner & outer capes arrived today. These things are gorgeous! & the outer cape has such an incredible weight & flow to it, it's magnificent. These were ordered with Black Friday codes - along with the shoulder mantel, wish I waited, but I'm not sorry I got them.
I'm around 6ft 3in & about 240lbs. Inner robes go down to just above my ankles. Outer cape, on the mantle, goes to the floor - or juuuust above it. Granted, I was enjoying being fat & lazy on my day off, so if I had boots on - instead of slippers & sweat pants :D- the cape wouldn't drag as much.
Sorry for the crap cell phone photos. But hey, at least I had my Darth Vader t-shirt on..... & pants :lol
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Here's the back, to show the drape.
image.jpeg

I will say, I now know why there are professional dressers on movie sets. Everyone else was at work today, & trying to put this on - with the helmet- was a bit of a pain in the butt. & setting up the cell phone - in helmet & flowing capes - was an even bigger pain! :p
It's cool that the Luke ensemble is back on discount again. I hope the full Vader body suit goes back up again on discount too, as I - now - will have to pick that up. Please ANOVOS, put it up for 45% off! My wallet is crying.

I know how the site states to measure arm length, (the picture indicates from the edge of the neck though) but 32 inches arm length seems short for a medium. Can anyone with a medium confirm that the sleeve length is actually 32? Is it short on the arm? I have the same question about the Han Solo Bespin outfit as well.
Thanks is advance

Last edited:
Pardon the crappie cell phone photos. Real cameras batteries need charging.
Here are some close ups, in poor lighting aaaaand with a cell phone (again, sorry).

This is the standard line, so it's polyester, & I think the collar might be real leather. If it's not, it's really soft & feels very nice.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The chain unbuttons on one side, deep inside the collar.
image.jpeg

Here is how the cape attaches to the inside of the mantel. This is the polyester version, & it's very weighty. I couldn't imagine how much heavier the wool cape would be for the premiere.
image.jpeg

& here I have it hanging in a doorway
image.jpeg

It really is a beautiful piece. Makes me wish capes would come back in style :lol

Their stuff looks great! I just wish they'd sell the Luke jacket by itself at 45% off. I need to replace the one I got from The Fan Club 30(?) years ago...

Ok, here are my tailored Bespin pants to turn them into regular pants as seen in ESB. I call these the Dagobah Pants! Lol. I also included by first try at Dagobah training T-Shirt made out of thermal underwear.
add3526e3476d1ed91addbec3e60e127.jpg
67c539db2b93d3eb8caa3d63732110b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back