ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

For me, nothing else will be ordered until existing orders start to be received. Until that happens, I will wait. It truly does suck for those who were hoping to troop in them for Halloween, or even at the movie premier in December.

The "dont want to ruin unboxing" thing is quite odd.

I've been hoping that it might be related to not spoiling the surprise of the unannounced upgrade mentioned earlier in this thread and just came across strangely. Even holding back that information is a little confounding though. After such a long time - much like with the production run images - I'd think they'd be excited to soften the wait by sharing something positive with their pre-order customers. A lot of us are trying to plan the finishing touches on a very costly build. Raise your hand if you invested in vintage soda chargers, machined belt boxes, or a real or metal replica Kobold from the runs on this site in the 14-15 months since the Han rig went on sale! You're probably wondering which of those is now redundant. I've picked up two out of three of those, and it's almost tougher - should I hold off on buying the last item in case that's the upgrade they've included? While it'd be the coolest possible inclusion if they managed it, I just got in on my first ever blaster run with Boba Debt's Bespin DL-44 like so many others. It's an expensive project, but it'd feel a lot more expensive if it was somehow unnecessary.

I pulled the brakes on buying boots to complete my Bespin outfit for Halloween - but only because I've started seeking out updates on my products on my own and found that reference to a winter delivery on the pre-order page for the belt. There's no published estimate anywhere for the Bespin ensemble now that the update page is wiped clean. Usually, I'd say it's unfair to pin your purchasing decisions for other products on a vendor like this, but these guys are us. They understand the complexity and investment in money and time that it takes to complete your costumes, and while I know they can't tell us what they don't know I'd love to hear what they CAN tell us as soon as they're able. If they can update the estimated delivery on the pre-order page, they should be able to send a shipping update to the pre-order customers. If they're including something unexpected, that's awesome! But it's less awesome if they kept that as a surprise while many of us bought into redundant runs for the same parts. I do appreciate them going the extra mile, but chances are I've wasted some money in the last year if they upgraded something.

Still waiting and hoping they have some good positive updates for us.

Newsletter just came:

News on the Tie Pilot and AT-AT driver kinda blows...paid for them 6-8 months ago and gotta wait upwards of 9 more? Sheesh...Least the trooper is on schedule.

(photos won't make the cut/paste :)

When working with a licensor, we have to follow their established procedures for product approval. Some things, like studio approval of an item for overall detail, are a relatively simple process which is essentially comprised of sending a product sample for review and comparison to an item in the Archives. If Lucasfilm representatives say it’s good, then we move forward in production. If it requires some changes, we need to update the product and then resubmit until it is approved. With other things, like enhanced safety testing, the process gets a bit more complicated.

Disney’s review process for product safety holds licensees to a very high standard. Testing of materials is both intensely thorough and time-consuming, checking for things like flammability, choking hazards, sharp edges, etc. To make things more complicated, testing cannot commence until final materials are submitted, and we are still waiting for certain high-quality fabric from overseas sources to arrive. As we have only just started working with the Star Wars license last year, plus with the various internal processes above and beyond our experience with previous licenses, we have been re-working and revising our own processes to accommodate these requirements. The good news is that once we make it through an initial run of any particular product, subsequent runs should be much faster (but for early buyers who have waited longer, you still retain the better pricing!).

Here’s a list of the Star Wars items we have currently in the works, as well as some information about their production status:

*Han Solo (Bespin) Premier Line: Patterns are complete and samples with test fabric are being produced to obtain better quotes on production in the USA. Believe it or not, while this seemed to be a “simple” project because of our background in soft goods, this turned out to be a very complicated costume simply because of the type of fabric (wool) and the color of the fabric which has been just as much a point of conjecture with the fans as during the approval process. After countless of samples being rejected, we finally reached out to have the actual material milled from scratch and sourced from Canada. Pant material is pending safety testing. The Premier Line customers will be receiving an additional “standard” run Han Solo jacket (made from a polyester/cotton mix) as a “mea culpa” for this project taking so long. It’s the very least we can do for a project that has taken us so far out of our promised delivery timeline. Current estimated delivery: January-March 2016

3f066d7b-e586-4181-bd5b-a5db21499618.png

*Han Solo Holster Rig: Production complete. Pending safety testing and packaging. We’ve also taken the liberty of updating the Droid Caller. The caller is now full metal construction and will be provided at no additional charge to those who purchased the rig. Again, it’s the very least we can do for a project that has taken so long to deliver. Current estimated delivery: November 2015

*Luke Skywalker (Bespin): In production. Safety testing required. Current estimated delivery: September-October 2015

0e1d7980-393b-4563-a215-7d9e3450b7fb.png

54d2c654-03bb-437a-99a1-c561fac9b5df.png

*Darth Vader (Premier and Standard): In production. Helmet and mantle (shown above with test packaging) pre-production samples expected within a week, followed by chest box and belt boxes. Some good news on this front: The chest box will be injected plastic (see packaging sample above). By going with injection, not only did we reduce the weight of the box (to avoid sagging issues) but we also provided a convenient battery box compartment. Secondly, each box will come with a preloaded light sequence for either The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi. With a simple button push, you’ll be able to choose your distinct preference. Packaging is being finalized. Safety testing required. Current estimated delivery: November 2015

*Snowtrooper: Prototype for coat awaiting approval, but pants approved. Fabric being sourced from the UK. Production to begin in about one month. Sculpts for all hard armor completed and pending approval before shipping to manufacturing facility overseas. Current estimated delivery: January-March 2016

*TIE Fighter Pilot: Jumpsuit is patterned and awaiting fabric approval. Hard parts are being digitally remastered for improved quality. Current estimated delivery: April-June 2016

*AT-AT Driver: Jumpsuit is patterned and awaiting fabric approval. Hard parts are being digitally remastered for improved quality. Current estimated delivery: April-June 2016

*Imperial Officer (olive and black) Premier: Wool being custom made in Germany. Material approved and now moving into an approximate 4-week production cycle. Then safety testing required. Current estimated delivery: December 2015

*Imperial Officer (olive and black) Standard: Blend material being custom made in Taiwan. Then safety testing required. Current estimated delivery: December 2015-January 2016

07aeb18a-bb2d-4bdb-9b35-41e15c224f29.png

*Stormtrooper (Original Trilogy): A separate update was sent to buyers, but this project is on schedule! Some arm and leg pieces were adjusted for a better fit (shown here with black test plastic), with consideration to maintain the artifacts and overall shape that is true to the originals. Additionally, we have brought on Star Wars renowned technical artists Chris Reiff and Chris Trevas to create the comprehensive and easy-to-follow Stormtrooper Kit construction manual! Current estimated delivery: November-December 2015

*Imperial Fleet Officer: As this is a variant of the black officer, previous items apply. The belt boxes have not yet started production, but the helmet bucks are in route to overseas facilities for initial pre-production. Current estimated delivery: March 2016

*X-wing Pilot: Jumpsuit is being patterned this week. After pattern approval, sizing prototypes will be sent to China for production. Safety testing required. Current estimated delivery: February-March 2016

Thank you again for your patience and continued faith in our efforts to bring more quality Star Wars costumes to fans around the world. Whether you wear your costume once a year or every weekend, our goal is to bring you the very best.

Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know via support@anovos.com!

Team ANOVOS

-----------------------

Nice broad update, much appreciated. The timing of some items is disappointing, but I'm always happy to wait for just about ever with good updates/communication for good products. The han belts look perfect!

Keep an eye out for good deals on Kobold replicas in the junkyard...

I wish the Luke Bespin was getting some extra love as well considering it was their first SW offering ever and the initial PO date was May 4, 2014. It will have taken almost a year and a half to release.

Congrats to those getting the Bespin Han ensemble and holster rig, the bonuses are definitely nice.

So the Tie Helmets that were suppose to be done this summer are now going to be a year later??

*Snowtrooper: Prototype for coat awaiting approval, but pants approved. Fabric being sourced from the UK. Production to begin in about one month. Sculpts for all hard armor completed and pending approval before shipping to manufacturing facility overseas. Current estimated delivery: January-March 2016

Not going to lie. I am massively disappointed in this news. Was hoping and praying they had made better progress on the Snow troopers for a late October release/delivery like originally estimated. -Sigh-

No PT/CW Clones or TFA Stormies will ever beat the classic and iconic OT Stormies. This goes for TIE Pilots, AT-AT Drivers and other troopers too.

The original stormtrooper edges out the TFA one, but for me the TIE, snowtrooper, and all other variants have crushed their weird OT counterparts. The prequels don't exist in our household, but if they did their generic knockoff looking troops would come in a far distant last place.

I think for the most part, your costume and prop loves will be based highly on the trilogy that had the biggest impact in you life. My son loves the PT movies and the clones. I'm not a big fan of imperial stuff but my likes fall to the OT.

I also think that the newness factors sways a person's opinion for a while. I know I had a big interest in PT props and items 10-15 years ago but not so much now.

I think we can all agree that it is strictly a matter of opinion.

http://www.anovos.com/products/star...oper-helmet-accessory-standard-line-pre-order

This thing looks beautiful!

My only question is if it will be available in kit form. I hope we have the answer before the tier one pricing has passed. Certainly don't want to miss out on this one!

Edit: I can't help but notice this is missing a LOT of detail, and it looks like quite a few edges are just rounded over. I'm definitely not looking to pay $800 to get an accurate one either. They'll have to rework a lot of this helmet or offer it in kit form so I can rework it myself..

Last edited:
Preorder info for the helmet is up. Gotmaul, is it worth it to preorder the helmet before the suit announcement or will the helmet be priced the same for suit preorders too? Hoping to get the entire ensemble but would like to know what's the best option.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back