Alien: Isolation

I don't think we have to worry about Gearbox. All else aside, they'll want to avoid that type of bad press again.

As for the game... way too early to tell. But I'm not keen on what they say in the Kotaku article about spending most of the game not dealing with the alien. After Prometheus, there's way more lore to expand on if they wanted to bridge the two series.

Maybe Ripley's daughter goes looking for her mom and has adventures of her own. Be a nice offshoot and expansion.

I would say if they're going with the "one alien" route, a straight survival horror might be better than a shooter. Something along the lines of Amnesia, where your goal is simply to avoid the beast and stay alive.

Not sure about the protagonist, either.. it's like a movie prequel, you already know where it's going to end up.. We already know she survives into old age.

Unless Burke was lying out his butt and something bad really happened that was classified. It's a tiny enough loophole for a story to fit in.

Good to see that they are going with the one alien approach, while being more about horror and survival rather than action.

Here are the direct videos of the trailer and production diary.

Last edited by a moderator:
That....doesn't make a ton of sense, considering the Nostromo was destroyed. I mean, it's cool that it's just you and one alien. I like that aspect of it. But canonically speaking, I guess we're talking "Alternate universe."

This is the kind of game I've always wanted ever since I played Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Slender. It will be interesting to see how they handle Amanda's characters. Does she die during the events of the game and her natural death just a cover up? Curious.

Currently the studio plans to treat it as canon - as in you may see events from the game referenced in some upcoming tie-in releases. That said, that plan may change...

That....doesn't make a ton of sense, considering the Nostromo was destroyed. I mean, it's cool that it's just you and one alien. I like that aspect of it. But canonically speaking, I guess we're talking "Alternate universe."

Something you and I agree on. The Nostromo was blown to bits, we saw the explosion. I mean didn't we see it explode like three times in a row (or was it just one explosion with three massive shockwaves)? If there's anything left, it's probably penny sized pieces scattered lightyears apart.

Not only that, the Alien was blown out of the airlock from the Nostromo's "life boat" by Ellen Ripley herself (and she also accidentally stumbled upon the alien's nest and torched it before she made her first attempt to go to the "life boat"). So, there's no way for it to be the same alien.

Unless this is an alternate universe like you said Solo4114, and it's inspired by the original ending where Ripley ends up dead.

Currently the studio plans to treat it as canon...
They said the same thing about that other Game-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

And I'm sure it's not the same alien, and it sure as hell isn't the Nostromo.. they've already said it's a space station. What they're doing is ignoring everything that came after... their sole source for inspiration as to what the "universe" is like is what's in the original film. So they've made another facility that's clearly part of the same aesthetic. A facility designed by, and built by, the same company that built the Nostromo. I imagine the hunt for the mysterious flight recorder is a dead end, seeing as the only flight recorder the company ever recovered is, at the time of the game, safely tucked away in the Narcissus with Mama Ripley, and will remain there for the next forty-two years.

Looks nice, but after A:CM :facepalm can't trust anything you see really.

Currently the studio plans to treat it as canon - as in you may see events from the game referenced in some upcoming tie-in releases. That said, that plan may change...

Who cares, look at the "canon" that is Aliens: Colonial Marines :lol

ok, asking for trouble here but oh well... i enjoyed Aliens CM, grant it i went in expecting exactly what i got, a shooter with Zeno's running around, and spitting.
this game appears to be something else entirely. i enjoyed the hell out of the F.E.A.R. games and am looking for something similar to break up the monotony of COD and Skyrim; whether this is a good story based in the Alien world i cant tell. what i am hoping for is me alluding/out smarting and eventually killing a Zeno in a tight claustrophobic space. basically my worst possible dream. If this game can do that for me im in, not expecting much story wise though, no point hoping there; would be nice to be pleasantly surprised though...

From an atmospheric and design standpoint the footage looks cool although that is saying very little in regards to the game content itself. The concept is pretty lame with the main character being Ripley's daughter who somehow manages to get involved with an alien. Are the Ripleys alien magnets or something or is it that no one can think of anything better to do than continue a franchise using an existing character or a relative?

As for having Amanda as the protagonist; who is going to be more tenacious in trying to learn and understand the circumstances of the disappearance of the Nostromo and Ellen Ripley? A daughter or some unknown investigator?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back