New Alien film announced

^^
Right you are about the Colonial Marines and the Off-World possibilities. Kind of Blade Runner world mixed in with Alien.
I mean, you've got Replicants in Alien + Aliens + Prometheus so, why not some of those as Colonial Marines also...
I hope that it will not devolve into a "Raise 'em-up and shoot 'em down" fest. Let's get some good stories and interesting missions/worlds; I could watch that for sure!

I agree.

I'm not as "hot" on the colonial marines as many other are, but I agree there's gold in them thar hills. I think they just didn't strike me as "bad-ass" as they should have, in order to make their annihilation more impactful in the film. That was th idea- these "super bad alien exterminators" get their asses handed to them in 32 seconds...

So, after what happened in Aliens, new "elite" task forces are assembled- the best of the best/baddest of the baddest. Rangers, black ops, scout snipers... clean-up crew. When all else and others fail, send in the DEVGRU off-world (team zero). That would have huge appeal, I think.

The beauty is you can keep the formula of seeing as little as possible of the "bad guys" using new and improved bad guys. Just don't f' it up with the proliferation of CGI please.

I agree.

I'm not as "hot" on the colonial marines as many other are, but I agree there's gold in them thar hills. I think they just didn't strike me as "bad-ass" as they should have, in order to make their annihilation more impactful in the film. That was th idea- these "super bad alien exterminators" get their asses handed to them in 32 seconds...

So, after what happened in Aliens, new "elite" task forces are assembled- the best of the best/baddest of the baddest. Rangers, black ops, scout snipers... clean-up crew. When all else and others fail, send in the DEVGRU off-world (team zero). That would have huge appeal, I think.

The beauty is you can keep the formula of seeing as little as possible of the "bad guys" using new and improved bad guys. Just don't f' it up with the proliferation of CGI please.
Maybe they should take a look at Andor, say what you like about the recent slew of underwhelming shows but Andor went old school, used physical sets and delved into minor characters who shouldn't work but did and took a peak behind the curtain of The Empire and politics of that era that was actually interesting.

A look into Weyland and it's merger with the Yutani group might work. Yes I'm up for understand Egg smuggling, outbreaks but give the narrative depth feeling and heart.
I would even be up for David returning who was the only interesting character in that Promo franchise.

I agree.

Yes, and their "lesson learned" experience dealing with those critters could give them more tech to wear and be less vulnerable to some of the Alien's "Natural Weapons" (acid et all);)

To your Andor point- I am at the point the older inmate has his stroke and is "put down". I am very much enjoying that series. Obi-Wan, on the other hand, I take issue with some major plot points.

Back to W-Y, I'm with you on a less "pre" prequel. And there was that 50-odd year gap between Alien and Aliens, where a lot of interesting developments could occur...

To your Andor point- I am at the point the older inmate has his stroke and is "put down". I am very much enjoying that series. Obi-Wan, on the other hand, I take issue with some major plot points.

Back to W-Y, I'm with you on a less "pre" prequel. And there was that 50-odd year gap between Alien and Aliens, where a lot of interesting developments could occur...
If they invest in a decent script it could be really interesting.

That makes more sense than what the studio will produce…

But I’ll still pay my money and see it. Too many times I skipped a “suck” movie only to regret it when I saw it later on video…
I just picked up the last 30 years of Aliens comics in omnibus format. So much to work with, but like Kathleen Kennedy, they may completely ignore all the expanded universe content.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
If they invest in a decent script it could be really interesting.
It depends on what you're doing. Sure, you could tell what happened while they were setting up the colony on LV-426, although it wouldn't really be an Alien movie because there wouldn't be any aliens. You could expand on the cut scenes from Aliens, showing how they took over the colony and I agree, that would be pretty cool, but since we know how that ends, I'm not sure how interesting a movie about it would be.

It depends on what you're doing. Sure, you could tell what happened while they were setting up the colony on LV-426, although it wouldn't really be an Alien movie because there wouldn't be any aliens. You could expand on the cut scenes from Aliens, showing how they took over the colony and I agree, that would be pretty cool, but since we know how that ends, I'm not sure how interesting a movie about it would be.
I'd want more the corporate side told, we know they've some knowledge of those naughty Space Babies(better than xeno) maybe even delve into Burke and explore his side and what drove him.

I'd want more the corporate side told, we know they've some knowledge of those naughty Space Babies(better than xeno) maybe even delve into Burke and explore his side and what drove him.
Which is great, but that's more of a story to be told in a book or a comic, not on a big budget, big screen movie.

Which is great, but that's more of a story to be told in a book or a comic, not on a big budget, big screen movie.
Oh I don't know still plenty of scope to have the odd Bug Hunt or too..
I am guessing that TV series they are developing/shooting will maybe go that direction. You can't have Wall to Wall Action... It would cost a fortune.

Less is more.

This is really a big part of the secret sauce of the original Alien…
And when you got those glimpses of more you we’re thoroughly trippin’ out. LOL. WTF am I looking at???!! It delivered on the “alien” that’s for sure. And you know what…. They did it with a guy in a suit.

I can just imagine... while they are flying... then the aliens tongue shoots out, going through Elliots skull... when asked afterwards on why he did it the Alien replies: I couldn't help myself.

I can just imagine... while they are flying... then the aliens tongue shoots out, going through Elliots skull... when asked afterwards on why he did it the Alien replies: I couldn't help myself.

And it would be well deserved. Because Elliot would have been leading people to his alien to get offed through the whole movie.
Because offing people makes the flowers grow.

Well, it would make a good Robot Chicken spoof anyways.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back