ALIEN: ROMULUS News And Updates!

I do hope there's more to the plot and they're just revealing as little as possible...

Attachments

• ALR-PR.jpg
    ALR-PR.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 70
I mean, to be clear, that's still probably more coherent than whatever Covenant was. Prometheus could have been interesting, but the need to tie it to the greater Aliens franchise was a mistake. It only muddled things. This one seems like returning to basics, which, you know, is fine, but also has been done and is nothing special. More of the same isn't necessarily bad, but it strikes me that this, like Terminator, is a franchise that has seen one too many entries, where each one is a wild swing in the dark. Probably best to just let it be.

I mean, to be clear, that's still probably more coherent than whatever Covenant was. Prometheus could have been interesting, but the need to tie it to the greater Aliens franchise was a mistake. It only muddled things. This one seems like returning to basics, which, you know, is fine, but also has been done and is nothing special. More of the same isn't necessarily bad, but it strikes me that this, like Terminator, is a franchise that has seen one too many entries, where each one is a wild swing in the dark. Probably best to just let it be.
Well, it seems that Hollywood, nowadays, is trying to search for a problem...to a solution. I don't think it's "bad" to have something very familiar being showed again, albeit with some variations of course. Nothing "special" is still to be seen. ;)

Hmm, unless you expect them to someday retcon* Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, I understood them to be telling us that the Engineers did not make the Alien. They made that black stuff that created life on Earth, and that they were planning to use it again to wipe out humanity as a "failed experiment".

And then the android David went mad and conducted a bunch of hybridization experiments with the black stuff, leading to the creation of the Alien we now know.

* They won't be retconning those while Ridley Scott remains a producer of Alien films.
***EDIT

I realized I'd already stated all of this above. Apologies.

To be fair, we got a one minute TEASER trailer. We may get a full trailer on 4/26/24, but we've been shown very little so far. I think it's a bit early to judge.
I do watch teasers, but stay way from trailers--they reveal way too much. However they are good for viewing after a screening to spot elements which may not have made it into the final film edit.

My rules are I only watch a teaser or trailer if the movie is a complete unknown. And if the poster doesn't get me. Then I'll watch the first 15 or so seconds to get a feel for what's going on.

Or if a movie series has fallen apart (Alien, Terminator, Star Wars, Star Trek). Then I'll watch the teaser or trailer to see if they managed to right things. I' still might not watch the whole thing though. For Alien Romulus, that teaser was enough to say watch the movie without seeing any other trailers. As for the most part, the teaser spoiled enough.

But I will say, if you can't make a good teaser or trailer, your movie is probably in a lot of trouble. As usually, many modern trailers are just lazy cliff notes of the full movie. The really bad movies, you can save yourself the time and just watch a trailer.

It’s showing here so I grabbed tickets for myself and my two teenage daughters(who also love the series), for the 26th. I was completely surprised to find that it is showing at a theater here. I was expecting to have to go to Austin, San Antonio, or Dallas to see it.

Last edited:
Seeing Alien again on the big screen was very cool. Unfortunately it wasn’t the directors cut. They did show an Alien: Romulus trailer. It was the same one that’s been on line but it was cool seeing it on the big screen.
IMG_4836.jpeg

I have had my share of doubts, but hearing about how mostly practical this film is approaching with it’s effects (and using some of the same artists who actually had a hand in Aliens from what I’ve read), gives me a bit of a warm feeling inside.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back