Alien: Isolation

The developers probably didn't have enough of the dialogue to correspond with the game play mechanics. The moment from the film is heavily altered to fit the mechanics of the game.

- The 10 minute countdown is now 5 minutes.
- There is no Jones the Cat.
- The Alien doesn't board the Narcissus.

Since the Mother in the DLC announces every minute during the five minute countdown, the original recording probably didn't feature the numbers two or four when counting down the minutes. It was probably just easier to record what they wanted instead of trying to edit it all together.

The developers probably didn't have enough of the dialogue to correspond with the game play mechanics. The moment from the film is heavily altered to fit the mechanics of the game.

- The 10 minute countdown is now 5 minutes.
- There is no Jones the Cat.
- The Alien doesn't board the Narcissus.

Since the Mother in the DLC announces every minute during the five minute countdown, the original recording probably didn't feature the numbers two or four when counting down the minutes. It was probably just easier to record what they wanted instead of trying to edit it all together.

I recall there being not only the countdown for the main detonation in the film, but when it came to the override when Ripley got back to it, it did a ten second countdown for the override being unable to be stopped. And inside the Narcissus, there was also a countdown of seconds for the detonation. If 20th Century Fox had the original assets, that means they would have had the unaltered recordings of the countdown voice from those parts of the scene and could have easily spliced the audio to give "T-Minus, Four Minutes" and "T-Minus, Two Minutes", and then add the filters to give the sound of coming from speakers.

If it were the case you pointed out, they could have at least attempted to find someone who sounded close enough to the original voiceover actress to fill in the missing pieces to pull it off. I mean, when it came to Ash, though they used Ian Holm's physical likeness, Dave B. Mitchell is credited for Ash's voice in the game (and he sounded exactly like him to the point I could have sworn they got Ian Holm to come back with the others to voice dialogue for the game).

I recall there being not only the countdown for the main detonation in the film, but when it came to the override when Ripley got back to it, it did a ten second countdown for the override being unable to be stopped. And inside the Narcissus, there was also a countdown of seconds for the detonation. If 20th Century Fox had the original assets, that means they would have had the unaltered recordings of the countdown voice from those parts of the scene and could have easily spliced the audio to give "T-Minus, Four Minutes" and "T-Minus, Two Minutes", and then add the filters to give the sound of coming from speakers.

If it were the case you pointed out, they could have at least attempted to find someone who sounded close enough to the original voiceover actress to fill in the missing pieces to pull it off. I mean, when it came to Ash, though they used Ian Holm's physical likeness, Dave B. Mitchell is credited for Ash's voice in the game (and he sounded exactly like him to the point I could have sworn they got Ian Holm to come back with the others to voice dialogue for the game).

Well, we still got the real Ripley and what we got for Mother was good enough. Still wondering what happened to Jones.

Well, we still got the real Ripley and what we got for Mother was good enough. Still wondering what happened to Jones.

I agree with you that it's good we got the original Ripley back. Would be interesting to have her for an "Aliens" sequel of "Alien: Isolation" that I suggested, with her and the Marines turning up at Hadley's Hope in the end (and have a special mission based off the rescue of Newt that she does in the film).

As for Jones, that little $#it head, he's probably still in Earth's orbit at Gateway station. J/k (yes, I know the station isn't in orbit around Earth in the "Alien" timeline, but couldn't help but make the joke).

As for Jones, that little $#it head, he's probably still in Earth's orbit at Gateway station. J/k (yes, I know the station isn't in orbit around Earth in the "Alien" timeline, but couldn't help but make the joke).

Actually, they probably forgot him on Thedus.

aliiso.jpg

I'm on mission 4 I believe.... and the Alien is SCARY AS FRAAAAK. I haven't felt fear seeing a xenomorph since the middle of the 90's. It feels real good to walk around in this game and not knowing where the heck it is, but also knowing where it is and not knowing if it will spot me/smell me or whatever and finally kill me. Scary as hell :D :thumbsup The randomness is just fantastic. I haven't experienced that since the original AvP came out in 1999, where you don't know where, when or if a xeno will show up or not.

Finally bought a PS4 and Alien Isolation last week and I'm really hoping we will get another awesome alien game this generation. The only real complaint I have is that IN-GAME when people are talking the lip-sync is a JOKE. It is like seeing the original half-life in action. Totally ruins the whole feeling, even more so since the game is so drop dead gorgeous.

Seeing as how most people say the game is amazing up until 50% of the game is complete a small part of me wants to quit playing it altogether now. No way, have to see it through till the end! :)

I'm stuck when the alien hunts me for the first time. Seems no matter what I can't get the door code entered fast enough and she finds me.

I think he means when it kills the people in the lobby area after the first (scripted), encounter after getting the hacking tool.

You just have to keep moving(slowly) and stay out of sight. Wait for it to either go in a vent or begin the long leg of moving down the side away from the elevator you need to hack, then you move towards the elevator, crouched and moving slowly as quickly as possibly(haha), just takes time. YMMV, as well as your difficulty level of course.

I think my difficulty is medium. Just need to be patient I guess. I. Started and finished Wolfenstein so I need to get back to Alien.

Finally got a PS4 and this game and I must say I'm loving every anxious minute of it. Superb game so far. It really captures the feel of the first film and the Alien is motherf$&@in bad ass. :)

Ben

I've played it 3 times already and each time is VERY different! The secret it to keep moving forward VERY slowly. Don't remain idle for too long or the Alien will hover around you. If you can, create and toss a "noise maker" as far as you can in the "opposite" direction then just keep moving forward. Listen for when the Alien jumps in and out of the vents. Become familiar with the sounds. And ALWAYS... ALWAYS look up to ensure the Alien is NOT hiding in the vent directly above you - if you see his famous drool - STOP and go around it if possible.

This is one of the best games I've played in a LONG time! :)

I have now the PS4 too and this game of Course. I love the game, I´m not a big ego shooter fan but for a Horror Survival game like this its perfect. Silent is survive.

So with the holiday in full swing and the students home until next year, I've finally gotten more time to play. I had forgotten how early in the game i really was. Finished missions five and im currently in six. Lots of S L O W progress. I just finished leading the Alien into medical where it killed all the other humans in the area mostly ignoring me while found the trauma kit.

So with the holiday in full swing and the students home until next year, I've finally gotten more time to play. I had forgotten how early in the game i really was. Finished missions five and im currently in six. Lots of S L O W progress. I just finished leading the Alien into medical where it killed all the other humans in the area mostly ignoring me while found the trauma kit.

I just finished finished that level a few weeks ago when I was back east visiting my family, my brother has an X-box. Next level is the discovery on LV-426! I have since bough an X-box to continue playing.

I'm picking up the season pass for it tonight on PSN. It's on sale and I believe has an additional discount for PS+ members.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back