Deal gone Bad with radion

Darkside

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Im looking for somebody that knows radion personally or knows how to get a hold of him, maybe through an email address or a phone number. I have his paypal address but have had No luck getting a hold of him through it.
Some of us on RPF have signed up and paid in full for his Hic run and have not heard from him since final payment was made.

I've tried reaching him through Pm, emailNo response. Paypal cant do anything about it as far as refund because its been over 45 days since last payment. Others made a paypal claim without results . So i guess we just have to wait and hope he comes back. If anybody can help with locating radion i would be very appreciative.
otherwise it would help if others can post here with the same problems.
Thanks

Open delivers from radion

adywan a full size HIC. Delivered
darkside a full size HIC Still open
artagnan. Gears of war armor. Still open
ananonymus Hulk suit. Still open
king_p90 (on alien legacy): 2x used Matt Noble pulse rifle slings £33 inc P&P, paid on the 13/2/14. Delivered

Last edited:
Perhaps something happened in his personal life.
Hopefully he comes back in and everything will be back on track.
He hasn't posted since July... Although he was logged in one week ago,
So he had to have received PMs and read the questions in his thread.
I suspect he is just another one of those sellers who took on too much and is way behind, and he is scared and decided to hide. We see it all the time.
Sellers need to just realize that the best way to handle situations like this is to keep communication open, update often and let people know you are behind. The whole ducking and hiding out of embarrassment is immature. Customer service is the #1 thing that will bring a customer back. Even if you stumble and have hick-ups along the way, your treatment of the customer can make or break the experience.

I too have been having problems with radion. Paid for cast sections of the HiC, was promised that he could have them done and in my hands by the end of August and then , after he received the money, he stopped replying to emails and facebook messages which i sent after the date came and went. Luckily i was still in time to open a dispute with paypal ( i gave him a couple of weeks after the end of august to reply, but nothing). The day after i opened the dispute he came back online and said that he had been without internet because he was moving house (yet replied to the facebook message through his phone which wouldn't have been affected by moving house). He told me that his girlfriend had posted some items out but didn't know which ones or even if she had actually done it. He claims that my pieces were done and boxed up. This was 2 weeks ago. As i live only a few hours away from him, so in the same country, i should have received them a few days after anything was posted. but nothing. He then said that the plan was that i would definitely get them this week, but yet again nothing. No replies to my messages again at all this week, even when i told him that if i didn't receive them by today, then i would be escalating the dispute to a claim.

he knew just how urgent these pieces were and the only reason i went ahead and paid him to do the castings was because he assured me that i would have them by the end of last month. Now i'm totally stuffed because i am now stuck having to wait to see what is going to happen about the claim with paypal and really need these sections to complete the project i am working on.

I think i have been very patient with him but, after finding out that others seem to have been waiting for stuff off him for a lot longer than i have, and this lack of communication and one excuse after another, my patience has run out. Luckily i was able to start the dispute before the time limit ran out.

If he was just having a tough time and was behind on orders then he should have just come clean. At least we may have known where we stand and have a clearer idea of what was happening

I have personally had bad dealing with Radion in the past as well. I purchased a T3 raw bust from him and payed via PayPal. Zero communication after payment and it took several threats of a PayPal claim to get him to refund my money. I heard every excuse under the sun from him. He claimed that it was his brother that was logging in and that's why he never responded to any of my questions. I posted negatively in his sale thread and interestingly had another member from here telling me he is in the same situation and asking me what I did. I don't like giving anyone a bad name but if it's a recurring event then other members need to be aware. I hope that he refunds you all and that he has a legit excuse for lack of communication.

Saying this is not going to help your current situation but in future dealings I'll echo what others have said.......never ever let your 45 day PayPal claim period expire. What I have done in the past is ask the person to provide a full refund when we are close to day 45 and I then immediately send the money back to him. This buys you another 45 days. If they don't agree to this then it's simply not worth the stress of dealing with them.

Why did it take longer than 45 days before you figured out something was wrong?

It astounds me that people either:

1) Wait until after 44 days to try and get their money back or file a complaint
2) Pay through paypal as a gift.
3) Give people too much leeway with projects when a definitive timeline was given

On the flip side...why is it that the most amazing "family problems" occur right after sellers take peoples money for a run. It's absolutely creepy that this happens...:behave

I wanted to fill a claim and was then on holidays and there it went out of sight
For my deal I organized a transport company and gave the details to him because he asked for it so I thought everything was going right

why is it that the most amazing "family problems" occur right after sellers take peoples money for a run. It's absolutely creepy that this happens...:behave

See, that is exactly what I tell the Mrs. here....

I CAN'T go out, get a second job and bring MORE money into the house...
I am doing it for our well being. I have told her, "as soon as you take possession of a lump sum of money, the most amazing family problems occur"...
So I stay lazy and don't make enough money for her protection!

:lol.....she didn't by it.....:(

I bought some HIC miscasts off him. These were items that were done and ready to go. It took 8 weeks or so and some nudging for them to arrive. He cited certain personal problems for the delays and these seemed to be supported by facebook photos and updates. He comes across as a decent guy and i genuinely think he had a hard time before summer. When i got them i couldnt have been happier with the quality, for something described as misscasts they are pretty darn good.
I hope he has just got behind and can ultimately fulfill orders.

i hope that he will declare himself here as said before communication is the key.
as he dint react on mails i wrote him a privat message , but his inbox was full.
then the next day he wrote back with the mail the he made space then i wrote again and nothing.

Alrighty, so my story.

Was holding off posting until today because I was waiting for delivery of what I purchased and figured today was my cutoff for that.

Back in December 2012 I purchased a Gears of War armour from him on these boards for £900.
When I purchased it, in the pics I saw some of the lug nuts on the rear of the suit were missing, so I asked if it were possible to have it repaired. Radion offered to cast up some new ones for me at no cost, and because of that I was ok with waiting.

He maintained contact via PMs here and after a couple of months, we added each other to Facebook and we'd quite often talk about various other projects we had underway etc.
I help run a costumed charity group and devote most of my energy to that, and he was really interested in that aspect and I know he wanted to do some stuff for some hospitals and things too.

Anyways, he cast up the replacement parts and then it became a financial issue as to the delay with posting. This was due to him buying a house and I believe what I was told. It doesn't make it right that I was made to wait, but there's no reason I have to doubt this.

The next issue was shipping itself - finding a box big enough to fit it in.
Again, I'm not saying it makes it right, but I believe that it was a genuine issue.

Contact between us remained great during this time.

Once a box was finally found was when I started to get a bit more vocal about wanting it sent.

I know that he was very busy with the new house and under a lot of pressure in other areas of his life.
Yet again, I know it doesn't make it right, but I still believe that there were other issues going on.

I'd initially purchased the costume to use for a charity gig tied in to the launch of GoW: Judgement, but well and truly missed that deadline.
I now had another deadline for a charity event that I really wanted the suit for, but as of today, it's now too late for that one too.
It was due to this current charity event that I started getting incredibly vocal about needing it sent. I'm under incredible stress to make deadlines and I'm not making them.

So it was only up until recently that his contact became sporadic.

Sep 16th was the last time I heard from him, and he stated in that message that the armour had been posted to me.
Being in Australia I know delivery time averages 2-3 weeks from the UK, but that timeframe has now passed, as has my deadline for the charity event - hence this posting.

Even though this situation is stressing me out and upsetting me terribly, I tend to be of a similar mind as what mattycsi posted above - Michael has always struck me as a decent guy who has just gotten incredibly overwhelmed and taken on too much.

I hope that he comes on here and replies. And I hope to dear God that I get my amour one day.

I will update here once it arrives.

Yes still alive

1st I'd like to thank all the buyers who have shown absolutely remarkable patience, and have afforded me far more courtesy and respect than I deserve

These last few months have been some of the toughest to memory in buying my 1st house and my girlfriend not respecting what i have asked of her to do whilst she has left me to tackle plumbing/plastering/electric/painting etc full time in a house with no heating, bed or Internet, it has been heartbreaking that some items where not sent out properly

My limited internet is done via phone and unfortunately even increasing the data to 3 gig hasn't helped keep it alive and has shown me online but left me with an inability to answer and read messages properly or correspond effectively

If I am lucky enough to avoid suspension or possible barring from the site (any or all those who have felt slighted, Art Andrews springs to immediate mind as a lead administrator) I will endeavour to from now on only deal with in hand items or only accept deposits for larger pieces but will respect any judgements decided by the moderators of the site

Given the move I tried to keep orders to a minimum and it seems it has still caused myself and others concern and can't apologise enough for that

But on the plus side anything damaged left in my girlfriends care has been repaired, the German courier for Han has been contacted and I think I have figured out the hold up with the gears as something wasn't signed in triplicate

I haven't spent literally £1000's on moulds and castings of late with the intent of ripping people off, in fact as most people know I'm very ambitious about my prop works and hope to open a small production group for indie and fan filming with one of my 1st collaborations hopefully finishing next year shinobi code (trailer on YouTube)

I appreciate the opportunity to make this right and only hope I have not caused too much upset, dismay or irrerperable damage to yourselves or myself in a hobby I truly love

All those owed items will be contacted within the next 24 hours

All the best

An update on my situation with the Hic casts.

The paypal dispute was escalated to a claim for a full refund. He had until the 8th Oct to reply or i would be getting a full refund. Heard nothing right up until the final day when suddenly he contacted Paypal and gave them a tracking number. Great, i thought. Got the tracking number :) It said it was sent through City Link next day delivery. So i would be getting it today :) Tried the tracking number, but city links site didn't recognise it. Maybe it hasn't been processed yet, i thought. I'll wait and try tomorrow. Tried again today and still won't recognise the number. so i waited in all day. Nothing. Got to about 4pm and, as i couldn't track it via the website, i decided to contact them. They had NO record of this tracking number and had nothing scheduled for delivery to my address. Maybe paypal had the wrong courier listed. So i tried the tracking number into other UK couriers. Now strangely, the only one that recognise the tracking number was parcel force, but it displayed that data cannot be shown as the tracking number is over 4 months old.

I really hope this can be resolved. I'm out of options now to get this build completed. If i just knew for certain what was going on and when i would be getting my items then at least i wouldn't have to be waiting in for a none existent delivery all the time

EDIT: radion has just contacted me and assured me that the tracking number is valid and has sent paypal the receipt for delivery. He is now chasing up the courier.

Last edited:
yeesh. I hope this all works out for all involved. I hate seeing these kind of threads as I'm relatively new to this forum, and have only had really good experiences with buying...

I would have just wanted my money back.. Just get it escalated and get the refund...Then IF the item shows up you can pay him again.

An update on my situation with the Hic casts.

The paypal dispute was escalated to a claim for a full refund. He had until the 8th Oct to reply or i would be getting a full refund. Heard nothing right up until the final day when suddenly he contacted Paypal and gave them a tracking number. Great, i thought. Got the tracking number :) It said it was sent through City Link next day delivery. So i would be getting it today :) Tried the tracking number, but city links site didn't recognise it. Maybe it hasn't been processed yet, i thought. I'll wait and try tomorrow. Tried again today and still won't recognise the number. so i waited in all day. Nothing. Got to about 4pm and, as i couldn't track it via the website, i decided to contact them. They had NO record of this tracking number and had nothing scheduled for delivery to my address. Maybe paypal had the wrong courier listed. So i tried the tracking number into other UK couriers. Now strangely, the only one that recognise the tracking number was parcel force, but it displayed that data cannot be shown as the tracking number is over 4 months old.

I really hope this can be resolved. I'm out of options now to get this build completed. If i just knew for certain what was going on and when i would be getting my items then at least i wouldn't have to be waiting in for a none existent delivery all the time

EDIT: radion has just contacted me and assured me that the tracking number is valid and has sent paypal the receipt for delivery. He is now chasing up the courier.

I had a similar issue with the tracking number from Citylink with my purchase. They even told me they hadn't been able to pick it up, this was still showing as the status even after I actually had the thing in my hands!

Hopefully it will be the same for you and your stuff will arrive. It took them 4/5 days to get mine to me, over a weekend.

I had a similar issue with the tracking number from Citylink with my purchase. They even told me they hadn't been able to pick it up, this was still showing as the status even after I actually had the thing in my hands!

Hopefully it will be the same for you and your stuff will arrive. It took them 4/5 days to get mine to me, over a weekend.

Thanks, mattycsi. I've been chatting with radion and he has been pestering city link. they say it's on their system but its not logged in the tracking system. Still no idea when it will arrive but it does seem that Radion is doing all he can to get it to me asap

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back