Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

After watching that video and looking specifically at the "highlights" on Cavill's shoulders, biceps, and particularly his forearms, it's obvious to me that they're painted on. But you have to remember it's how the cameras capture the suit's contours and how the suit looks on screen that matters. As long as it looks realistic when you're watching the movie, that's all that matters; how it looks in real life is insignificant.

A viewer can only tolerate so much pathos before they get fatigued.
Nobody gets tired of laughter.

Even in the most bleak movie should be punctuated by even a little comedy.
Even Taxi Driver used the banter between Albert Brooks and Cybill Shepard for comedy relief.

Green Lantern wasn't bad because it had comedy.
It was bad because it just wasn't funny.

If there really is a "no jokes" edict at DC then that highlights the core weakness at DC/Warner - that they would mandate something like this rather than allow characters and stories to evolve organically from the creative process.

I'm pretty sure Marvel didn't announce "more jokes."

Even if it is true, no joke doesn't mean no humour, just no one liners for the sake of it I guess. There was humour in the TDK trilogy, and some too in MOS here and there. They'll need jokes when the full team assembles, mostly through flash and possibly green lantern though. It's just a matter of placing it where it belongs.

What if the movie turns out to be unintentionally funny?

How's this for unintentionally funny?

Batman V. Superman May Be More Insanely Depressing Than We Suspected

Looks like we as an audience are not allowed to have opinions on Superman's performance since clearly if a character like Jimmy Olsen doesn't blame Superman at all even though he lost his legs due to the battle between Superman and Zod, we should feel the same way. Hey Jimmy, did you know that defeating General Zod (full name) was as simple as breaking his neck? He cared a lot more about not killing him than saving your legs and the lives of those who died around you.

The fact that MOS showed what would likely happen if a couple of super heroes were really duking it out in a major city seems to bother some people. Superman 2 showed a "cuddly" version of that, but the results would have been the same. No super hero, even Superman (in any incarnation), could have saved everyone. Unless he flew around the world so fast it reversed the earth's rotation (there by reversing time?!) and negated all the previous events...that could be the end of the next movie! :lol
I look at the MOS version as Superman for grown-ups. ;)

No super hero, even Superman (in any incarnation), could have saved everyone.

That would have been a nice character moment if it was only realized in the film itself. You can't save everyone, but why should that be a reason not to care?

Let me put it in another way. You can have everything that happened during that final battle if only they left out that god awful follow up with the military. After all that destruction, after so many deaths, after so many issues of trust and uncertainty, Superman decides to show his true nature to the world... with more uncaring destruction. He basically tells the military that's he too much of a bada** to care about what the leaders of the world thinks of him since he obviously can't be bothered telling the leaders himself. It's not like he can just fly to the White House and tell the President himself that he's on the same side. ALL OF THE XMEN went to the President in person to assure him that they were not the enemy.

He WAS IN HIS FOTRESS OF SOLITUDE!! CRYING!

LEAVE SUPERMAN ALONE!
leave-britney-alone-02-300x300.jpg

After all that destruction, after so many deaths, after so many issues of trust and uncertainty, Superman decides to show his true nature to the world... with more uncaring destruction. He basically tells the military that's he too much of a bada** to care about what the leaders of the world thinks of him since he obviously can't be bothered telling the leaders himself.
I didn't get that at all from that scene in the movie, nor did I ever see anything to indicate he was uncaring. To each their own! ;)

If Scoot McNairy wearing the green socks so they can be replaced by prosthetic legs doesn't make a whole lot of sense in what we've seen so far. It seems unlikely that someone with prosthetic legs would purposely show them off the way we're seeing here... there's no reason (that I'm aware of) that the character he's playing couldn't be wearing long pants and prosthetics.

Did I miss something? What is this in reference to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoot McNairy's been photographed with green-cgi indicating the lower half of his legs are going to be replaced. Initially, it was though that he might be the Flash.... but, latest rumors are that he is actually Jimmy Olsen, who was hurt during the MOS fight and has prosthetic legs as a result.

Scoot McNairy's been photographed with green-cgi indicating the lower half of his legs are going to be replaced. Initially, it was though that he might be the Flash.... but, latest rumors are that he is actually Jimmy Olsen, who was hurt during the MOS fight and has prosthetic legs as a result.

Screen-Shot-2014-08-23-at-4.16.09-PM.png

Weird. He's wearing what looks like a suit... why would they CGI prosthetic legs in that outfit? Just for the sake of showing them? Not liking how this is looking. Seems kind of stupid.

Awesome choice for Olsen though, if that's who he's playing. McNary is a pretty awesome actor.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back