Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I agree, Bruce dreaming of parademons and Omega symbols can't be a pure coincidence, it must have been influenced by something or someone. There must be something else going on that explains it, and Diana's return, since she apparently was on a break from meddling with humans after her WWI adventures that we'll see in her movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TReIozZ1b10

Turkish Airlines - Fly to Metropolis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpk8eSpRBnY

Turkish Airlines - Fly to Gotham

Ok, I'm sure people have seen these, but thought I'd post them up anyway. Really enjoy little things like this in the marketing stuff.

But my main reason for this - Lex Luthor. I know, I know, I know all the complaints that have popped up for the small amount of dialogue we've heard Jesse deliver.

But there's something about his delivery in this little marketing stunt - he holds as much gravitas as Ben Affleck in the Gotham one, easily. I do believe this is a good indicator that his voice and mannerisms won't be as unlikeable as we've so far been exposed to (I don't mind his delivery in the trailers terribly, but they could be a bit better. I think this, and knowing that it is a tech mogul rather than a business man type character, does give me a little more confidence than perhaps I had before hand.

Edit: Tiny thing I noticed - Lex's company colour is bright orange - fairly certain this is on purpose with the orange lantern corp etc where orange is the colour of avarice. If not, lucky coincidence!

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Hey folks, just found out there is a five chapter prequel to BVS.

You can read all of them, starting with number one at this link.

http://m.imgur.com/a/3Lb3d

It's probably exactly what you expect, but damn is Batman brutal or what? I hope that brutality carries right into the film!

I don't get why Lex thinks a meeting between Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent would be considered to be any kind of a big deal. Sure, Bruce is super rich and probably known world-wide, but who the Hell cares about Clark Kent? I would think Lois would be much more famous than Clark. In-universe, what has Clark ever done that was note worthy?

Unless, of course, Lex knows both guys' secret identities.

I don't get why Lex thinks a meeting between Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent would be considered to be any kind of a big deal. Sure, Bruce is super rich and probably known world-wide, but who the Hell cares about Clark Kent? I would think Lois would be much more famous than Clark. In-universe, what has Clark ever done that was note worthy?

Unless, of course, Lex knows both guys' secret identities.

Isnt this film supposed to take place two years after MoS? I would think that is definitely time for Clark Kent to become known (if not super famous) in the world of journalism (disregarding the "you're new" comment in trailer #2 which supports your idea) and therefore on the radar of someone like Lex, who will always be aware of weak points/people of influence etc.

Theres also the fact that if Clark has indeed been writing articles about himself as Superman (really, really hope not...so self serving...) or at least writing articles that have ended up with Superman involved somehow - that could also be another route to relatively quick "stardom" or being well known in higher circles.

Loved it. The opening sequence. Wow.

After the movie's release, I should probably compile a gallery of screenshots of various snide comments made by the Affleck haters.

Affleck is one of the few things I'm liking about this movie so far. I'll still see it, because damn it I want to enjoy it, but I'm not convinced it'll make it to my shelf at home after Man of Steel.

Really love it. Honestly.

But seriously. Why is it so hard to give us a Superman we also love? This was a pure Batman trailer - I know that Bats will sell more than Supes but that has disappointed me quite a lot.

Amazing sequences and badass feel off that trailer, truly.

But I want a Superman I can root for. He's my boy. Sigh.

I'M SO TORN.

Now THAT'S a trailer, they should've just gone with that instead of the last awful one. Batman's fight scenes look incredibly badass. They really should just re-title this film to Batman: Dawn of Justice, featuring Superman :lol

Yep, this trailer should have been released much earlier as trailer #2, followed by trailer #3 which could have been focused on Superman.

I'm sure Superman will have his moments, but I am ever so slightly worried that they've under utilised the character just to keep him in the frame now - I think perhaps some of that comes down to the fact that a lot of us may still be seeing this film through the glasses of "it's Man of Steel 2" even though we are fully aware that this is a new beast that is dedicated to starting the shared universe. When I sit an analyse it a little it makes sense. More bats is more dollar, is better for all involved because we get to see our heroes on the big screen.

And of course, Supes will of course have moments. But they are going to be hard to pull off narratively because he's the one whos supposed to be holding punches. It will be very interesting to see how they handle that. How to show a badass superman without having him put bruce wayne in hospital.

And yet Batman can let loose with everything he has and therefore look badass. etc.

Wonder Woman comes on and can let loose entirely because we mostly know she'll be kicking Doomsdays ass. She comes across brilliant on that trailer even with the fairly small amount of dialogue etc. She had more words in the trailer than Superman though I think?

This has honestly rejuvenated my excitement a bit. I was at a 9/10 before the Doomsday trailer dropped me to an 8/10. And this just took me up to a 10/10, even with my reserves about our Man of Steel.

Can't wait.

The one thing I really hope this movie can do is inspire me the same way that Christopher Reeves did. Or even Captain America.

I want superman to be heroic

Wow that was outstanding! The music was bad ass! I loved seeing Batman toss people around like rag dolls! I'm back in! :popcorn

I do believe Affleck just made Bale his b.....yeah.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back