Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I can't stand Ryan Reynolds. He plays Van Wilder in nearly every movie he stars in. We get it, you're sarcastic.

Ryan Reynolds could be fine as green lantern...

But the green lantern movie was just about the worst movie... Let alone superhero movie... That I've ever seen. Worse than daredevil and Electra....

It was impressive how bad it was!

Let him try again with deadpool I say.

Let someone a bit more serious be green lantern.

Ryan Reynolds could be fine as green lantern...
But the green lantern movie was just about the worst movie... Let alone superhero movie... That I've ever seen. Worse than daredevil and Electra....
It was impressive how bad it was!
Let him try again with deadpool I say.
Let someone a bit more serious be green lantern.

He could be good as GL in a supporting role... like Hawkeye and Black Widow.
I'd be just as happy getting a well casted John Stewart... but I doubt they could manage that.

The issue you have is DC has been trying to make their universe work together, but until MOS haven't had anything to use as a starting point. Nolan just wanted his trilogy, Green Lantern was a hopeful, but flopped, and they couldn't get anything going. So, they have to reboot. The issue is the reboots come so close to recent films of characters like Batman or possibly Green Lantern that audiences who don't follow comics or just want to see a good movie can easily be confused if they had seen prior version. And it can be irritating to some having to have it explained that those characters didn't exist in this version and are different people.

the reboots come so close to recent films of characters like Batman or possibly Green Lantern that audiences who don't follow comics or just want to see a good movie can easily be confused if they had seen prior version. And it can be irritating to some having to have it explained that those characters didn't exist in this version and are different people.

Yup, I had to have this discussion with my husband about the Nolan batman trilogy. It took me 2 years to convince him it had nothing whatsoever to do with the 90's movies. And let me tell you, it's just as irritating to the one trying to do the convincing [emoji14]

Last edited:
Yup, I had to have this discussion with my husband about the Nolan batman trilogy. It took me 2 years to convince him it had nothing whatsoever to do with the 90's movies. And let me tell you, it's just as irritating to the one trying to do the convincing [emoji14]

I know the feeling. I FINALLY got my wife into smallville years ago. Then when it was over and they came out with Arrow, it took two episodes to make her realize it's not the same Green Arrow. Then she refused to watch it, because she didn't like recasting. She is coming around though. Got her following Stephen Amell on FB. She warmed up to the new show.

Y arrow is great and i def wouldnt mind if they add him into the shared universe. Would save alot of casting search seeing as then they also have a flash already.

I'm sorry, but NOTHING beats Superman's Pope Hat.

Action+311.jpg

Y arrow is great and i def wouldnt mind if they add him into the shared universe. Would save alot of casting search seeing as then they also have a flash already.

I think that DC would do better then Marvel has with a shared Universe if they included Stephen and Grant. They already have an established fan base, no need to do stand alone origin films and the cross over would be a lot smoother in my opinion. Going from TV to film with two already established universes is a lot easier I think then trying to take from the films and create a show. Agents of Shield, regardless if you liked it or not, did not get the following they had hoped. Any other show, without the backing of a big company like Marvel and Disney would have been cancelled.

I wasn't open to Stephen being a big screen Green Arrow, but after the second season and the improvements they did over an already great show has got me on board with him being THE Green Arrow.

With the insane security, you're actually lucky you get any pictures at all!
Indeed. It's just little frustrating. Also clearer pic of it being in the workshop have already been out months ago and then Snyder teased a official reveal photo like they were unveiling it any day now. But that was weeks ago.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back