Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, battery update!

Got pics but cba uploading as it's late, but I'm now at 10 HOURS 55 MINUTES so far and the EL is still strong! Judging by the brightness, I think we're looking at 11 hours 30 mins before they run out, but maybe ill even get 12?! These things are insane and such a bargain.

My issue with rechargeable is that they drop off so badly after a few uses. You end up spending more in the long run and have more hassle.

*now with pic*. This photo was taken when I had hit the 10 hour 45 minute mark. It was starting to haze a little on the EL, you can tell when they begin to dim slightly as you begin to see little dots on the Nike logo. I honestly think there's another 30mins left in these so that's over 11 hours, and still looking damn impressive at that point too. Most people wouldn't notice the LEDs out on the ankle anyway.

20140930_073826.jpg

Last edited:
Halloweencostumes.com is still out of stock on the licensed replica knockoff knockoffs

And I am almost willing to bet that when they finally do become available, they will be more than $99USD.

When the V2 came out in 2012, they were originally listed at $109USD. We were all super excited and placed our pre-orders online. Then came the emails "sorry friend, we can not send shoes until you pay more money".

I think there is going to be a lot of disappointed people with this.

If these do end up costing more and people are having to pay close to $200, they might as well spend a bit more and buy the knockoff and get branding and far better looking product.

cavx, please see this thread... http://www.therpf.com/f9/halloweencostumes-com-back-future-2-light-up-shoes-224737/ . They were at the normal advertised price which was slightly less than $100 and were in stock today but sold out faster that you can say "Great Scott!".

I have read it and still stick with my thoughts above. No stock, pre-order option and no guarantee these will be actually sold at the listed price.

Check out the stats for social media - 7700 people on FB, yet only 333 on Twitter? Really?

Sorry, I smell a really big rat here. The only positive part about this so far is that they have not used photos of the real shoe or other branded replicas.

Is there an Evil Bay link yet? Did a search and didn't find anything except this awesome Tee.

$_12.JPG

Hey everyone just joined the site and am learning alot from u guys! Ive wanted a pair of mags since I was a kid, was going to purchase a pair from halloweencostumes.com and came here and figured id spend extra and get a pair from karin.im new to all of this and would appreciate any help you all can give me with getting a hold of her.i tried on aliexpress with no luck.it will not let me purchase them

I have read it and still stick with my thoughts above. No stock, pre-order option and no guarantee these will be actually sold at the listed price.

Check out the stats for social media - 7700 people on FB, yet only 333 on Twitter? Really?

Sorry, I smell a really big rat here. The only positive part about this so far is that they have not used photos of the real shoe or other branded replicas.

Is there an Evil Bay link yet? Did a search and didn't find anything except this awesome Tee.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/q28AAOxynwlTcpAk/$_12.JPG

You say you've read that thread did but I think you may have missed all the posts I made in it today. I was able (barely) to place my order today. I have no reason to believe that HalloweenCostumes.com or the various web articles that mention that HalloweenCostumes.com has the official license for these unbranded shoes, are bogus. If you have some evidence that suggests otherwise, I'd like to see it. I'd hate to get ripped off on this. Thanks.

You say you've read that thread did but I think you may have missed all the posts I made in it today. I was able (barely) to place my order today. I have no reason to believe that HalloweenCostumes.com or the various web articles that mention that HalloweenCostumes.com has the official license for these unbranded shoes, are bogus. If you have some evidence that suggests otherwise, I'd like to see it. I'd hate to get ripped off on this. Thanks.

I did read that you placed and order and I hope you do get your shoes. As mentioned, these are on eBay already and much higher than the $99.00USD

I'm just saying the same thing happened about 2 years ago with the launch of the V2 (originally listed at $109USD) where we could place the order online, pay with a CC and even get order confirmation and tracking numbers. Did we get shoes? NO! All we got was "you pay more money and we send shoes".

I was lucky that I did get my money back even after the 45 days window closed. But good luck. I hope you prove me wrong.

Ah I see. I hope I get mine too and at the price I have already paid for them. I guess on the upside, HalloweenCostumes.com is not a new company and they are based in the U.S. so here's hoping.

I don't think you will get ripped off.
The company is genuine, and it seems they pay a lot to various studios to get licensing so they can make costumes based on those characters.
They are owners of fun.com and shirts.com so they are a very established and obviously wealthy company.

They never had the stock to begin with before September 30th, they simply did a sneaky preorder by saying it was out of stock. Dumb blogs then report about it and it gets free marketing and advertising, and you can bet your bottom dollar that they had more than 500 people on their email list.

So i can believe that they sold out straight away.

If people are buying these for $98, then i am seriously now thinking of ordering some from the factory (If they can make them more accurate on the uppers).

I've currently sent my instructions to them for a more accurate upper to the factory and am waiting back to see if they can do it.
I sent them detailed pictures, breakdowns, and examples of my own scratch made ones so they can see how simple it should be.

I've also tried to explain to them that they don't need to do the top half seperate, it should just be 2 pieces to the template, and 2 seam lines.

Since they already have shoe lasts for the shoes, i'm waiting to see if they are able to reduce the toe size, that toe box really pisses me off.

The new upper design is 1:1 accurate, thick uppers at the top, and no visible stitching. Proper triangular cutout holes. Longer tongue with leather material instead of spandex,
Removal of the bulging elastic lace outlines, smaller toe area, and better strong stiffer elastic.

Now i just have to wait and see if they can do it. I don't see any logical reason why they cannot, but they do like to skimp on quality, hence the crappy yellowing rubber on the clear soles.

Awesome airair. I hope you get good news on this. Any idea on total cost (PM if you want)?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey everyone just joined the site and am learning alot from u guys! Ive wanted a pair of mags since I was a kid, was going to purchase a pair from halloweencostumes.com and came here and figured id spend extra and get a pair from karin.im new to all of this and would appreciate any help you all can give me with getting a hold of her.i tried on aliexpress with no luck.it will not let me purchase them
Use this email [karin_trade@hotmail.com] to contact her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome airair. I hope you get good news on this. Any idea on total cost (PM if you want)?

- - - Updated - - -

Use this email [karin_trade@hotmail.com] to contact her.

Thanks alot cavx! I followed a link to shoes inc and sent her a message and she got right back to me.ive got one last question if u could help.i wear a us 11.5 and have heard many say the mags run a half size big.my question is do u think I should go with a 11 as I did not see any half sizes when on aliexpress.want to make sure they fit.once again thank you all for posting great info on here

Thanks alot cavx! I followed a link to shoes inc and sent her a message and she got right back to me.ive got one last question if u could help.i wear a us 11.5 and have heard many say the mags run a half size big.my question is do u think I should go with a 11 as I did not see any half sizes when on aliexpress.want to make sure they fit.once again thank you all for posting great info on here

2 questions for you about the sizing -
1. Do you intend to slim the toe?
2. Do you intend to wear these out in public for extended times?

I am normally wear a US10 and I got the US9.5 based on the "half size larger" thing and in all honestly, I think now, I would have been better with a US10. You can always add an insole to a shoe to make it tighter, but once you lose toe space from slimming the toe, you don't get that space back. Those extended tongues I added to mine also made the shoes slightly tighter even though there is only a single layer of vinyl on the bridge of the foot. My straps need to be about 1/2" longer now as a result.

I don't think they do half sizes apart from the US9.5 (and maybe 10.5?), so if you do intend to mod, go the next size up.

Thanks cavak,On point! I probably wont do much modding with theses besides the wiring and possibly soles and strap later down the line.they may b worn once every 3 to 4 months for 4 or 5 hours.ill probably buy another pair to go all out on like u guys.i figure I can wear 1 pair occasionally and keep the other as a prop in my small collection.

10 hours?! bloody hell!

Is that £1.85 for 1 battery or a set of 2? Doesn't say, so i assume its for 1?

Sorry mate, didn't see your post. Yes, that's £1.85 each (I did specify that but it was a long post, granted). They're actually incredible. My inferior RDs don't have no match for my 11 hour V2s now ;)

airair did you also tell them that people would be much happier without the electronics if the uppers were more accurate. Less production cost and work.

If you want to get rid of your 'inferior RD's' id be more than happy to take them off your hands for cheap

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if it came up at the end of my post but it was a wink as in being a smart ***** lol

Thanks cavak,On point! I probably wont do much modding with theses besides the wiring and possibly soles and strap later down the line.they may b worn once every 3 to 4 months for 4 or 5 hours.ill probably buy another pair to go all out on like u guys.i figure I can wear 1 pair occasionally and keep the other as a prop in my small collection.

One of the easiest of the mods is the steam method toe slim.

DSCF4702.JPG

Especially if on display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back