Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! That will be the first thing I do when I receive my 2nd pair from karin.are u going to produce and sell the clear soles? You did some really nice work on yourd

Hi all! Newbie here. Just seen the other newbie basically ask what I wanted to only I have a few more quesitons i'd be grateful for some help. From reading these forums I found what I thought to be Karin Chen's aliexpress store here: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/106587

It now looks like this is the real Karin Chen store: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/708573 with her mag listing here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-...twear-Trainers-Shoes-You-Worth/721132715.html

Am I correct or is the first one her as well? I ordered yesterday but Aliexpress bounced my order awaiting verification. I've provided the verification and am then going to wait till Oct 7th when they can no longer claim the outstanding money as the merchant and I will then re-order but I want to order from the most reliable source.

Also I am in the UK are there other UK members who had these clear customs ok? If they don't will she refund me or simply do I lose the cash?

Thanks all!

Nad

If you want to get rid of your 'inferior RD's' id be more than happy to take them off your hands for cheap

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if it came up at the end of my post but it was a wink as in being a smart ***** lol

I used my time machine to go to the future....they're worth £10,000 in 5 years so I'll do you a deal and take just £7,500 now for cash. Don't tell anyone in the year 2014 though..

Some more advice for your Mags once you have them. CLEANING.

As the experienced will know by now, the tongue is a bitch as it clicks from the velcro is you're not careful, and it turns yellow just from air. Luckily, it's easily reversed with little work.

The easiest thing I've found is just a small pot with some fairy washing up liquid and a bit of water with a cloth. You can safely use this on every part of your Mags with no staining. Works brilliantly even on the main grey material! Pics below. Can't believe how manky they look just from the outdoor atmosphere.

*Before (hard to see, but in person, very mucky yellow)
View attachment 383483View attachment 383484

*After
View attachment 383485

I've looked all over the internet and cannot find judco switches and good inverters for the 9v conversion does anyone have good sites in the states for these? My els came today and I'm going to try and do the jedifyfe toe mod because I don't want muffin top on my V2s

I've looked all over the internet and cannot find judco switches and good inverters for the 9v conversion does anyone have good sites in the states for these? My els came today and I'm going to try and do the jedifyfe toe mod because I don't want muffin top on my V2s

Did you look on page 58 of this thread as the title suggests?...

Yeah jedifyfe but the inverter link when you get to the payment section it doesn't work all sorta of errors occur and I've tried contacting them and nadda

I'm still in shock.. I've continued my battery tests tonight and I'm now up to almost exactly 13 hours and they're still bright in dark conditions. These things are a must for any 9v converts!!

20141001_231106.jpg

The edges are starting to dim a little, but still look awesome enough in the dark. I'm totally blown away with these results. I expected exaggerated mAh ratings and about 8-9 hours.

EL doesn't draw much power, it's the LEDs that will draw the MAHs.

That leads me onto my next question. Do you think it would be a good idea to have the LEDs as small EL panels behind a thin plastic sheet with 9 holes to simulate LEDs? Imagine how long they would run for then!

That leads me onto my next question. Do you think it would be a good idea to have the LEDs as small EL panels behind a thin plastic sheet with 9 holes to simulate LEDs? Imagine how long they would run for then!

Given I get 30+ hours from 2x AAA (disposables) per shoe running an all LED set up, I was about to ask the same question.

You are thinking exactly what I was thinking! I actually had an idea to this do this back when I had the V1 shoes.

I was originally thinking of getting a single EL panel in white on, white off, and then overlaying that with 3 seperate lines of translucent coloured sticky vinyl in red, yellow and green.
Then overlaying all of that with a solid white sticky vinyl piece with 12 hole cutouts to simulate the LED look.

This would probably easy with a vinyl plotter cutter for the white layer, you would have to just measure the dimensions of the LED panel.

I reckon you would easily get 15 hours, probably much more with an all EL panel setup.Just wondering if it would look as good without the LEDs? I reckon they probably will, seeing how the EL Panels are so bright, its a no brainer really.

I will give it a go when I get a vinyl plotter cutter.
You can get translucent sticky vinyl from ebay so materials are quite cheap.

Some more advice for your Mags once you have them. CLEANING.

Just make sure if you have to scrub anything you might have walked in off the soles that you don't let them dry in the sun, that was my mistake hence why i had to repaint the midsoles :( can't do much about the yellowing clear parts until Cavx puts up his replacement soles for sale

Just wondering if it would look as good without the LEDs?

I cheated and have a single white LED behind colour filters for that part and no-one has asked why I don't have 12 LEDs there. No one either knows or cares.

This EL idea would help with the LEDs not all being the same brightness. At least I had that problem. I just wouldn't know where to start on making them. I would be interested if they were put up for sale.

Last edited:
Making this part from EL is easy. Coloured contact can be used for the filters. A cover over that completes the look. Way easier than making a new board and soldering 12 LEDs.

I would like to see where this goes. If anyone has scrap EL sheet and translucent colored plastic sheets they can use for a proof of concept that would be awesome.

You know the clear contact that you probably used to cover school books? It comes in blue, red, green and yellow. It costs about $1.00 per roll and it will stick to pretty much any clean smooth surface. Cut small strips and done. Cover that in a black or white with small holes punched and done. When you light the sheet, the white light if filtered and becomes the required red yellow and green and will look like LEDs once mounted inside the bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back