Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can actually tell the factory to make new uppers at no extra cost if I am ordering more than 1000 of these unbranded knockoffs.

That would mean the grey and clear soles remain the same, but the uppers would be as close to 1:1 accurate.

How serious are you about getting this off of the ground? We need some real V3s.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever completely deconstructed the V2 uppers and put accurate patterns over it and cut to make it a more accurate shape? The V2 seems to be bigger than the real shoe of the same size. The only obstacle would be that the RDs are taller. So the shoes would be the same height with the same collar shape.

For those who have removed the factory wiring, does anyone know what was used on the ends of the blue leds in the soles? It kinda looks like clear tubing that has been squashed a bit. I'd like to know if this tubing is made for leds or something made just for these shoes. Thanks!

Has anyone ever completely deconstructed the V2 uppers and put accurate patterns over it and cut to make it a more accurate shape? The V2 seems to be bigger than the real shoe of the same size. The only obstacle would be that the RDs are taller. So the shoes would be the same height with the same collar shape.

Caloss was working on this as he seems to be in the textikes industry and has sewing skills. I am going to have another play with this given I now have a semi industrial sewing machine.
The odd part about these shoes is that when I scale the patters, it changes every proportion equally and looking at the height/length difference between my US8 and US9.5 is about and inch in length but only half an inch in height.

For those who have removed the factory wiring, does anyone know what was used on the ends of the blue leds in the soles? It kinda looks like clear tubing that has been squashed a bit. I'd like to know if this tubing is made for leds or something made just for these shoes. Thanks!

It is a clear tube that really needs to be opaque. Same as the two diffusers which are clear and they should be translucent, not clear.

I want to use the existing V2 upper because I don't want to use store bought craft foam with fabric just glued on top. They wouldn't breathe at all. Plus I like the all fabric construction.

I wish I had snagged that grey speaker cloth when it was available. I still want a leather pair.

I wish I was savvy with photoshop so I could see what a pair of V2s would look like with accurate uppers, colors, and lights. Also with Cavx's clear soles and cloneprops' ankle buckles. That would be the ultimate pair.

Ok I gutted the sole of the shoe and it's basically nothing but red blue and white wires do I now just rip everything out and put in the 9v battery?

I used a plastic chop stick to feed new wire from the stitched charge port down to the ankle bubble, then worked my finger from there to feed the wire to the sole. Once the factory battery is removed, you will have a cavity to store a 9V. Thry not to butcher that pink card. You can use that as a service flap to cover the hole later if you are careful at this stage.

I wish I was savvy with photoshop so I could see what a pair of V2s would look like with accurate uppers, colors, and lights. Also with Cavx's clear soles and cloneprops' ankle buckles. That would be the ultimate pair.

nikemagv4.jpg
v2 soles and RD uppers. No lights or clone props items added though.

I found a or sure look alike fabric that is a diamond in the rough i will post picks of this upper i created Magnificent.

Wow! That is great. The soles just need to be lighter grey with correct splatter and have the right clear soles and almost anyone won't be able to tell the difference.

The only catch is - can or will these Chinese factories actually make this?

Guys and gals, I've got a HUGE battery win for you all. I've found some batteries that are primarily used in paintball guns, and are 1,100mAh!

I was a bit skeptical, but I can confirm that I now get around 10 hours out of just two 9v batteries! :thumbsup :cheers

* When I first switched them on.
Mag_Full.jpg

* After 6 hours, the green LEDs begin to dim, and by 6 hours 30mins, they're just about out. The yellows and reds still going strong.
Maggreendim.jpg

* About an hour later, the yellow LEDs begin to dim more and go out around the 7 hours 30mins mark. (I missed the photo but this was shortly before).
Magyellowdim.jpg

* About an hour after that, the red LEDs are still just about hanging on and go out around 8 hours 30mins. (Red are barely on here, but camera is poop so you can't tell).
Magoff.jpg

My testing finished here as I didn't have enough time over the weekend to monitor the next bit,but from previous knowledge, the EL lasts about an hour or so after all the LEDs are out, but perhaps a bit more with these beauties. I'll finish the testing tonight, but given that the EL panels are still just as bright as when I first powered them on, I'd guess they will get to the 10 hour mark.

The best thing too? They're only £1.85 each from Amazon (have to order at least £10s worth to get super saver delivery) but that's a damn bargain and will ALWAYS beat naff rechargeable ones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lighthouse-...&qid=1411991464&sr=8-1&keywords=lighthouse+9v

Then select '16 new' and go to Amazons own listing.

Last edited:
Guys and gals, I've got a HUGE battery win for you all. I've found some batteries that are primarily used in paintball guns, and are 1,100mAh!

I was a bit skeptical, but I can confirm that I now get around 10 hours out of just two 9v batteries! :thumbsup :cheers

* When I first switched them on.
View attachment 382387

* After 6 hours, the green LEDs begin to dim, and by 6 hours 30mins, they're just about out. The yellows and reds still going strong.
View attachment 382388

* About an hour later, the yellow LEDs begin to dim more and go out around the 7 hours 30mins mark. (I missed the photo but this was shortly before).
View attachment 382389

* About an hour after that, the red LEDs are still just about hanging on and go out around 8 hours 30mins. (Red are barely on here, but camera is poop so you can't tell).
View attachment 382390

My testing finished here as I didn't have enough time over the weekend to monitor the next bit,but from previous knowledge, the EL lasts about an hour or so after all the LEDs are out, but perhaps a bit more with these beauties. I'll finish the testing tonight, but given that the EL panels are still just as bright as when I first powered them on, I'd guess they will get to the 10 hour mark.

The best thing too? They're only £1.85 each from Amazon (have to order at least £10s worth to get super saver delivery) but that's a damn bargain and will ALWAYS beat naff rechargeable ones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lighthouse-...&qid=1411991464&sr=8-1&keywords=lighthouse+9v

Then select '16 new' and go to Amazons own listing.

10 hours?! bloody hell!

Is that £1.85 for 1 battery or a set of 2? Doesn't say, so i assume its for 1?

I just checked, they have AAA's as well which seem to be in a pack of 4. So i can get those as well for some of my 3v pairs as well as the 9v ones for most of my pairs.
Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
I however need to find better rechargeable batteries than these:- http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-pc...444.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail
They are the most mah I can find for a rechargeable that actually work lol.

Those are the ones I found about a week ago. I believe 900mah is the highest rechargable 9 volts can go. You won't find anything higher. I think it will be a safe investment to go ahead and buy these. Here is a listing that includes the charger.
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/679825...679825343&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail
2-pcs-Super-big-capacity-880MAH-Li-Ion-lithium-9V-rechargeable-battery-Universal-9v-AA-AAA.jpg_250x250.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the 900's a few weeks ago so should be here any day, will test them out and let you know if there any good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back