Borderlands Psycho Bandit Buzzaxe and Mask SKS Props

SKS Props

Sr Member
Ok so I have pretty much finished the psycho's mask ( you can see the process here http://www.therpf.com/f24/borderlands-psycho-bandit-mask-new-version-page-166288/ ) and I am now moving on to his weapons I am going to mod a nerf gun to make a bandit brand pistol and the iconic "buzzaxe"

Pretty much what it sounds like an axe with a saw blade attached. I am making the base structure out of mdf and will build upon this. I hope to get a motor so the blade will rotate on its own.

Oh the blade is just in there for scale and mockup the final will most likely have a resin cast.
borderlandsversion5.jpg

buzz1.jpg

Here is a pic of the action figure neca put out for people that do not follow the game

buzz2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Borderlands Psycho Bandit Buzzaxe

Moving along little by little. Right now its in the giant mdf puzzle stage. Once I get it all glued I'll start on the shaping and details

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

Re: Borderlands Psycho Bandit Buzzaxe Update

day off so i got the rest of the axe shaped out and started adding the details like the vent on the back and finger grips on the front.

IMG_0688.jpg

Here is what the borderlands buzz axe looks like after being put back together and the filler getting its first sanding

IMG_0691.jpg

If it was me I would make the blade out of dense expanding foam, just to be safe from lawyers.

you better believe it will be weathered, and again the blade will be resin cast and the tips will be sanded down. I would hate for anyone to get hurt.

I'm still planning to trying to mold and cast this bad boy in resin the solid mdf frame it pretty weighty

Here is the axe after the first pass of apoxie sculpt had cured

buzz3_zps15fee9c7.jpg

I cannot wait to see that weathered. :D I wish I wasn't so strapped for cash, I'd pester you for one!

ugh the boring part of box building. I like to use sheets of foam core if you score the back side they make a really nice crisp line and best of all no silicone globs out.

IMG_0713_zps9349b0cd.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back